Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Life from a point, a fixed universe
    #8796230 - 08/19/08 04:01 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Do you believe it was always normal to create the image of a being underneath your skin controlling your every action within moments of hearing an audio que?

Do you believe there was always an index of dozens, if not hundreds, of items in your mind at all times?

Do you see any advantages to having intangible thoughts permanently bound to heavily substance reliant
beliefs?

Is it natural to live in a fixed reality?

I want to know who broke it.

And who first stated the point we were fixed upon.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehazey
Male

Re: Life from a point, a fixed universe [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8799537 - 08/20/08 05:33 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:

for us. there are many who can flex between many realities and realms of physical properties. they do not exist on earth. but they can start there. believe it or not, the human 'soul' is inter-dimensional, but only when properly trained. humans are not being properly trained. to answer your question, yes for you it is natural to live in a fixed reality.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Life from a point, a fixed universe [Re: hazey]
    #8800106 - 08/20/08 10:52 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

It's impossible to live in a fixed reality.  Reality is change.

Quote:

Do you see any advantages to having intangible thoughts permanently bound to heavily substance reliant beliefs?

Permanently bound?  The relationship between thoughts and memory (and thoughts and belief, if there is a duality there) is organic and ever-changing.  I think it's healthy to observe the way you attach thoughts to your experience, and to learn not to follow threads of thought as if they were the truth or pointed to it.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Life from a point, a fixed universe [Re: hazey]
    #8800360 - 08/20/08 12:03 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hazey said:
Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:

for us. there are many who can flex between many realities and realms of physical properties. they do not exist on earth. but they can start there. believe it or not, the human 'soul' is inter-dimensional, but only when properly trained. humans are not being properly trained. to answer your question, yes for you it is natural to live in a fixed reality.

for (the egos). there are many (entities which) can flex between many realities and realms of physical properties. they (subconsciously) exist on earth. but they can start there (<-- relocation of uncertain psychological material within partial consciousness). (belief is deterministic, choice is believable), the (unbound mind) is inter-dimensional, but only when properly trained (<-- safety harness awareness). (egos) are (subconsciously) being properly trained. to answer (an ego's) question, yes for (an ego) it is natural to live in a fixed reality.

I would have to agree.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Life from a point, a fixed universe [Re: Lion]
    #8800381 - 08/20/08 12:08 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Lion said:
It's impossible to live in a fixed reality.  Reality is change.

Quote:

Do you see any advantages to having intangible thoughts permanently bound to heavily substance reliant beliefs?

Permanently bound?  The relationship between thoughts and memory (and thoughts and belief, if there is a duality there) is organic and ever-changing.  I think it's healthy to observe the way you attach thoughts to your experience, and to learn not to follow threads of thought as if they were the truth or pointed to it.

I would agree, you seem to have a perhaps more healthy than average awareness of material. I wouldn't necessarily expect many to consciously integrate experience often enough. I might suggest that all threads of thought shed light on the truth, and none are exactly it.

Thoughtlessness only seems to be one of the truths to me.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #8800385 - 08/20/08 12:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Yet neither the ego nor the fixed reality is separate. These are mental constructs, or walls of illusion, used by our reality simulating brains in order to make sense of the chaos.

In fact, there is only one stream, and like bubbles in a stream, temporary walls of separation spring up here or there only to return to the stream a few moments later.

There is a fixed reality in that the scientific laws governing the universe don't seem to change, but what we perceive to be separate is not a fixed reality, but actually an illusion resulting from a need to feel selfhood.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Life from a point, a fixed universe [Re: Ravus]
    #8800427 - 08/20/08 12:24 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

And whence arises that need?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#8800505 - 08/20/08 12:46 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Yet neither the ego nor the fixed reality is separate. These are mental constructs, or walls of illusion, used by our reality simulating brains in order to make sense of the chaos.

In fact, there is only one stream, and like bubbles in a stream, temporary walls of separation spring up here or there only to return to the stream a few moments later.

There is a fixed reality in that the scientific laws governing the universe don't seem to change, but what we perceive to be separate is not a fixed reality, but actually an illusion resulting from a need to feel selfhood.

It's interesting how unbound possibilistic theories like this may always find independence and strength. I would not compete with these notions you present here.

I would question- does looking at the illusion make it more illusionary or less?

and- what is it you believe of the substance of your words as you formulate them to me? as you type them? as you press continue?

When does it stop being what you feel, and start being illusionary? (does it?)

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #8800714 - 08/20/08 01:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

It does not seem to be looking at an illusion, or acknowledging its place in people's lives that gives it the strength to make many beings suffer, but rather it is simply the act of identifying an illusion as the central point of "your" consciousness. Were you to see all beings as one, and no being as separated from any other being's consciousness, then likely the illusion would no longer keep us enslaved. Also, death would become meaningless if one suddenly recognized no center of importance in the stream, as everything would be known as fleeting and death would be seen as just another bubble in the stream.

What you feel is true, but the notions of you feeling anything in separation is the illusion that we create. It is like a blade of grass in a field. Is it the blade of grass separated from its roots, or the soil? In fact, it is all equally necessary and they all arise co-dependently. Without the blade, there would be no roots, and without the roots, there would be no blade. Therefore, all things should be seen as they actually are, that is, arising co-dependently in fleeting forms where all notions of separation and selfhood are attempts to find a center in the chaos. In fact, there is no center to the universe, nor does chaos remain constant enough for a center of consciousness to really evolve. In such a fleeting world, it is understandable that beings try to find direction by this method, but it is precisely this need that seems to give rise to the illusion.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#8800811 - 08/20/08 02:20 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

So can you believe yourself an illusion?

Or just choose to see it that way?

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #8800959 - 08/20/08 02:58 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

my self is no illusion,
it's there,
but through various means i can presume it's still-frames that roll on to look like a movie

my i though,
that's really an illusion,
has nothing to do with me, myself and i
i i share with everyone,
self has no language to cover it
self is the gap

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology