Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy
    #8795558 - 08/19/08 12:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

they look at me like Im nuts... They claim it is just another way to run away from your problems and fears. IME psychedelics do the exact opposite. I face my problems head on and the experience guides me through a powerful healing process. when I tell this to people, they call me a druggie! my friends are at the point where they had their crazy trip experiences, but never got to the point where they'd consider it a spiritual, healing session. I would love to have an experience with a like-minded, experienced tripper.If you wannna talk and live in NJ/NYC area, give me a PM :wink:

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: danlennon3]
    #8795614 - 08/19/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Those people use mushrooms to get "fucked up" and thats the difference. Mushrooms can be used to get "fucked up" or they can be used as a healing tool. If your intention is to face problems then you can do that. If you just want to get fucked up you can do that too.

Tell them to take 5g in silent darkness and you can be damn sure they will face a lot of their internal issues, or take an eighth in an isolation tank.

People get overwhelmed by their senses and it prevents a lot of what mushrooms can do. They are consumed with the visual aspect of the trip, or the feel good feeling they experience. If you can separate yourself from outside the body sources then all you have left is your mind.

Edited by Platinum (08/19/08 12:18 PM)

Offlinekodakya
hellabrator
Female

Loc: minnesota
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: Platinum]
    #8795778 - 08/19/08 12:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yesterday i ate mushrooms and there was a moment when i started to cry, but it wasnt terrifying nor unsettling...it allowed me to get something out that i wouldnt normally, and it felt really good. i realized something that had been bothering me for many years and had never dealt with before.

--------------------
amanitatinama

OfflineTheArsenal
Stranger

Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: Platinum]
    #8795794 - 08/19/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just depends. Not every time I take a drug I want to turn myself inside out. I mean, I'm happy with who I am and don't "need" to take psychedelics for therapeutic uses.

However, yes, psychedelics are amazing when it comes to learning things about yourself. I think one of the easiest ways to reflect on who you truly are is probably through them. I mean, you just eat something and (if you are ready, obviously) it can teach you a lot. It could also teach you nothing, however, if you just take it to get fucked up. Just depends on what you're looking for from psychedelics. They can open up a lot of doors, but you have to be ready to let them.

--------------------
To be reborn is to feel whole, as you did when you were first born. You come with nothing, and leave with nothing.

Life is like a big obstacle
put in front of your optical to slow you down
And everytime you think you gotten past it
it's gonna come back around and tackle you to the damn ground

Offlineguitarguymb
Your Mom'sDealer

Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: TheArsenal]
    #8795853 - 08/19/08 12:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

smoke rock.

--------------------
eatn acid while listenin to mungo jerry's "In the summertime"....

Offlinespanky43
Just a thought
 User Gallery

Loc: Vermont
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: guitarguymb]
    #8796279 - 08/19/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Psychedelics, I believe, may be the best thing for therapy and such. You can spend months and years trying to force out dormant thoughts and emotions.
Or, just one night.

--------------------
"Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we have learned here. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts."
:hippie:

OfflineNasrudin
Stranger
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: spanky43]
    #8796654 - 08/19/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

In my psychology class a few semesters ago we were talking about drugs and had a guest speaker in who was a nurse at a drug rehab clinic.  So I ask her opinion on ibogaine treatment.  Says she hasn't heard of it and so I explain briefly.  And she dismisses it right off hand- "So you're replacing one addiction with another", blah blah blah, all that nonsense.  Still ticks me off a bit to this day when I think about it.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: Nasrudin]
    #8796791 - 08/19/08 03:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

a year ago i was going to a psychiatrist and told her about my experiences and she has this stupid smile on her face, like condoning, and asks me like a child "so why do you need them for?" and i say that they are opening up parts in my mind i never thought existed and that i'm seeing new possibilities in personal and spiritual development etc. so she's still smirking and asks "so what do you get out of them?" an i'm like "but i just told you" and she sits there staring at me. she asked the same thing over and over again with different words and it was like she was blocking my answer and trying to ASK the question in a way that my answer would satisfy her, like she was waiting for me to fall into some hole she was making for me.

--------------------

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8796818 - 08/19/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

it's sad that so-called professionals have such limited knowledge about psychedelics just because our society condemns them

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: AgingHippy]
    #8796990 - 08/19/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, i agree... professionals need to open their eyes... or eat a nice healthy dose of mushrooms and realize the possibilities.

Offlinekodakya
hellabrator
Female

#8797537 - 08/19/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i was reading a new arrival at the library on the history of ecstasy..and how it was being used in therapy, and the dr's using it were pissed when the government made it illegal. there is also a psychopharmacology program at argosy university in hawaii, where they teach licensed psychologists about prescribing "medications"...according to what is legal

--------------------
amanitatinama

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: kodakya]
    #8797554 - 08/19/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

psychiatrist = dealer

--------------------

Offlinekodakya
hellabrator
Female

Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8797589 - 08/19/08 06:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, kind of...i remember when i was on antidepressants in high school, the doctor would pretty much give me anything i said i thought i needed, as far as medications went...also, i can get vicodin / hydrocodone pretty much any time by saying i have sciatica, which i do, but it rarely acts up these days...haha doctors

--------------------
amanitatinama

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: kodakya]
    #8797603 - 08/19/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Doctors totally are just licensed dealers, though.

I have sort of a negative reaction to the idea of therapists using psychedelics on patients, not because I think it's necessarily a bad idea, but because I just don't trust the entire population of therapists to be at all responsible with it.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Invisibledemon6fire
Hello
Male

Loc: IL
    #8797607 - 08/19/08 06:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My therapist was actually rather encouraging on the subject of psychedelics.  Its sad to hear that he's in the minority. :frown:

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: demon6fire]
    #8797726 - 08/19/08 06:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If your psychiatrist pigeon-holes psychedelics like how most people do, he doesn't deserve your money. I'm not saying that he should encourage it, but anyone who has studied the human mind and psychotropic pharmacology for more than a term should know that psychedelics are more than about escaping from reality or seeing purple elephants. A good psychiatrist would jump on the opportunity to explore what you saw and felt under the influence of psychedelics, as it'd be a unique glimpse into his patients mind.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: danlennon3]
    #8797894 - 08/19/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've been in the same situation myself. It can be frustrating. I think it causes me to be less genuine and more secluded from certain people because I feel like interaction with them is forced and more of a chore..

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: When I talk to people about using psychedelics for psychotherapy [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #8797940 - 08/19/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

you should surround yourself with people who accept your actions and psychedelic use. and only deal with the others when necessary. if they dont understand you, why would you want to surround yourself with them? unless... what youre talking about is "when necessary"

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8797983 - 08/19/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Psychedelics are FANTASTIC for psychotherapy and reversing negative and self-destructive thoughts and behavior patterns.  I am living proof.  I used to have a terrible time being alive; my body is covered with scars from cutting myself savagely out of self-hate.  I used to be constantly depressed/anxious and suicidal.  I was on a bunch of different meds, was hospitalized twice, and was getting nowhere; only worse and worse. 

Until I took shrooms! :laugh:  CPR for my SOUL.  I desperately needed it.  Shrooms changed EVERYTHING.  It was like I was alive for the first time. 

It was a long road, but regular use of psychedelics showed me there was a better way to live.  They showed me what I have to do to be content in my body and how to heal some mental and deep-seated emotional issues I've had.  Since I first started tripping I have changed everything about myself for the better: diet/exercise became a part of my life, compassion and self-love became obvious and necessary and now I feel EXCELLENT most of the time.  I used to be soo miserable and hateful; not only towards myself but just about everyone.  Nowadays, I just focus on the love!  I have low moments, but now I know that all I have to do is 'just be' and that I am always okay. 

I look at myself from a few years ago, back when I lived in blood and darkness, and I do not know who that person is.  THIS BEING is full of light, growth and HEALING! It's fucking wonderful and I know it'll only get better and better. 

And I really do owe it to psychedelics in a way, for first helping me understand what it is to BE ALIVE.  :hippie:

Keep in mind that "I" did the work to change; psychedelics just showed me the way.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #8798869 - 08/19/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Platinum said:
you should surround yourself with people who accept your actions and psychedelic use. and only deal with the others when necessary. if they dont understand you, why would you want to surround yourself with them? unless... what youre talking about is "when necessary"

where would be a good place to meet and chill with like-minded people? Are you talking about festivals and such?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder