Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleplonkerism
Psychadelic Holiday Maker
Male

Loc: all up in your patch
So I have a small tub with lots of P. Sub myc growing in it... what should i do with it?
    #8794149 - 08/19/08 06:36 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Ok heres the tub:

I started with a small tray/tub thing and filled it with soaked Pine and Eucaplypt woodchips, with some drilled holes in the sides and bottom. I have a decent woodchip bed of pine and euc in my backyard which i would love to get going as a P. Sub patch!

Anyway, so id been using the cardboard tek on the stem bases of wild P.Sub's id found which i mixed into the tub after colonising the cardboard for a couple of weeks. Also chucked some stem bases into the mix as well, and scraped some spore prints id made from the wilds (they were far from sterile so i doubt they were any good) into it.

Left the tub in the open for a few weeks misting it daily to keep it nice and damp. Checked under the top layer of chips today and myc is going fairly strong through the hole tub. Not completely, but some sections are stuck together im guessing from the myc colonising. If you lift a few chips up you can see strong rhizomorphic growth like veins stretching through in many different places in the tub, but other areas are still untouched. The from just the outside you cant see much, its mostly in the centre, but it has started to show on the edges of the tub and especially in the corners.

So ive wrapped it up in a black garbage bag, like ive seen in other teks, and am leaving it damp and cool in the hope it will colonise quicker...or something. What should i do with it? Im a noob, sorry. I want to keep it going, Sub myc is precious stuff!!!    :mushroom2:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedemonicaeroponic
Ghost
Male User Gallery

Re: So I have a small tub with lots of P. Sub myc growing in it... what should i do with it? [Re: plonkerism]
    #8794156 - 08/19/08 06:42 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like you already know what you're going to do with it.... take some of it and start another batch like the one you got going, take a little more and save it in the fridge for future needs, and then take the rest and spawn that patch in your backyard. woo.

--------------------
My Kratom Experience

>>::(My Garden - Updated 6-16-09!)::<<
(Nelumbo Nucifera) - (Desmanthus Illinois) - (Delosperma Cooperi)
(Coleus) - (Morning Glory H.B.) - (Klip Dagga) - (Nicotiana Rustica)
(Sinicuichi) - (Mimosa Hostilis)

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

Re: So I have a small tub with lots of P. Sub myc growing in it... what should i do with it? [Re: demonicaeroponic]
    #8818947 - 08/24/08 07:21 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Ok thanks, havent done anything with it yet but i reckon ill halve it; mix half into a part of the backyard patch and keep the other half to make more...

Hopefully it works and i wont have to leave the house next year :lol:

--------------------

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

Re: So I have a small tub with lots of P. Sub myc growing in it... what should i do with it? [Re: plonkerism]
    #8822736 - 08/25/08 01:25 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Holy shit. 1 Week (make that 5 days) in the shed wrapped in the black bag has done this thing wonders. Myc is poking through the top everywhere. It looks like a casing basically with strands of myc coming up everywhere. Im very excited. Looks like this is going to actually work!

--------------------

Edited by plonkerism (08/25/08 01:26 AM)

OfflineHazeyRoms
The Pro Sonn
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
    #8823114 - 08/25/08 03:38 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

try a garbage bag with a tyvek filter!! Mist directly on the tyvek.

--------------------
-Sonn, Hazey here. And I'm bacc. Anyone in Wisconsin, PM me. Unity my nillas/niggas.

-"5 Nike duffle bags??? How much does all that weigh?? - Just 30 pounds Bruhh, relax my nilla, it don't stink like weed so we're all good."-(Penis Envy Moments)-

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

Re: So I have a small tub with lots of P. Sub myc growing in it... what should i do with it? [Re: HazeyRoms]
    #8823156 - 08/25/08 03:57 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I have some medium sized spawn bags i could use. Hmm, I dont know, its looking like its going really well as is, so i think ill  just leave it for time being.

--------------------

OfflineJayFizzle
Stranger

Loc: Mountian Man
    #8823552 - 08/25/08 09:10 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

cool shit lets see some updates on the Subs

--------------------
No Worries,
Weilii On My Mind

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

Re: So I have a small tub with lots of P. Sub myc growing in it... what should i do with it? [Re: JayFizzle]
    #8888482 - 09/06/08 11:11 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Well, sorry for the bump but im going to continually update this thread every month or so as things happen..

I spawned half of what i had into my backyard patch. Was actually a shitload of spawn! I pulled out large handfuls of clumpy mushroom-smelling mycellium and mixed it into the patch in a few areas close together so hopefully i can get a network going.. :rockon:

The patch is also now 60L of pine chips, 60L of eucalypt chips and 25L of mushroom compost containing pine shavings and all that sort of stuff. So it has chunky wood chips as well as a finer wood based compost mixed in.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation