Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8796741 - 08/19/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Quote:

linx88 said:

i'm voting McCain

And thus the joys of the American political system.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelinx88
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8796786 - 08/19/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Please explain to me how voting for Bob Barr is the same as voting for McCain.

Without referring to Bob Barr's past record which he has openly admitted to changing his views on (IE medicinal marijuana).

--------------------

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: linx88]
    #8796807 - 08/19/08 03:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

linx88 said:
The Democratic Party wants to strengthen drug laws last I heard. Both parties do I'm sure, don't get me wrong, it just seems I've heard more activism out of the dems side.

Like I said, i'm voting Barr.

Not for the party, but google some of Barrack's quotes on drugs. It's not even an issue this election, but he does have a trend toward treatment rather than incarceration in his discussion. He admitted to some soft drugs, some coke, and flirting with the idea of heroin, although that doesn't mean to much.

I don't think I've been able to find any comment from McCain either way, but he doesn't seem overtly for harshening drug laws.

But yeah, the Republican party has received MUCH more money from the private prison industries, which is one of the most important factors in the preservation of drug prohibition today.

They both suck, the parties. But there is a lesser of evils, and no independent will win until they become smart enough to change an existing party from the inside-out until it is no longer the same. In all fairness, these parties aren't even close to what they were fifty, twenty, or even ten years ago. Shit changes.

Voting for an independent is essentially voting for whichever candidate is on the party furthest away from the mainstream parties that is furthest away from your values and those of your independent candidates'.

Until the message could be networked to constitute a majority of the ticket split, which is unlikely until the full collapse of MSM, this is a waste of gas money even going to the poll, in my humblest and raddest opinion.

Shit, Nader gave us Bush, in a way. I wonder if there is some ulterior meaning behind this, Nader does have that Skull & Bones eye thing going on, and speaks as if he is trying to keep people impassioned in what he says regardless of content.

~Monk

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#8796817 - 08/19/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I agree that sitting around and complaining isn't going to help. Even how much it sucks, voting for the lesser of two evils is going to help change the country at least a little in the right direction.

Do you think we'd actually have a candidate that wanted to legalize drugs get taken seriously? That's too heavy for America right now.

But at least a couple of okay presidents later, hopefully ones that will help turn things around at least a little maybe the issue would be a little more viable. Especially if in the meanwhile med marijuana is made more widely available and stuff like that.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Offlinenumonkei

Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: Redstorm]
    #8796819 - 08/19/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:
Quote:

Entropymancer said:
So I guess maybe my question is, how do we make any significant progress towards a positive paradigm shift?

Mandatory immediate death sentence for anyone who practices an organized religion.

People like you who want to restrict what others believe is what is wrong with this country.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Free speech is one thing, even indiscriminate genocide with intent for mass death is quite another. In fact, it's madly illegal, and surprising that the government isn't half imprisoned for genocidal domestic and foreign policy as opposed to half imprisoned for stealing a few hundred thousand dollars.

~Monk

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8796825 - 08/19/08 03:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Because by voting for a fringe left canidate that doesn't have a chance in hell, you're taking a vote away from the popular "liberal" candidate since all the right religious good little Americans are going to vote for the main right "conservative" candidate. Or at least that's the popular opinion. And since this country is too stupid to buy something other than Pepsi or Coke, choosing something similar to Coke like RC Cola strengthens Pepsi and weakens Coke.

I personally don't think it matters one way or the other.

--------------------

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #8796828 - 08/19/08 03:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I would have been great if Barr could have made it to the debates, but he needs to raise another $100,000.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #8796829 - 08/19/08 03:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
I agree that sitting around and complaining isn't going to help. Even how much it sucks, voting for the lesser of two evils is going to help change the country at least a little in the right direction.

How much time do you think we have?  Exponential growth is a bitch

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8796838 - 08/19/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Exponential growth of what?  Debt?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: DieCommie]
    #8796850 - 08/19/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Population, debt, resource consumption, etc.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8796892 - 08/19/08 03:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, the population growth rate in the US is negligible. As of 2006, we've had less than a 1% yearly population growth rate.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: Redstorm]
    #8796904 - 08/19/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Is that counting the immigrants (legal or otherwise)?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8796909 - 08/19/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't say US population growth though, did I?  If we're not growing, then that means our growing debt is an even bigger problem.

Offlinenumonkei

#8796921 - 08/19/08 03:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:

Do you think we'd actually have a candidate that wanted to legalize drugs get taken seriously? That's too heavy for America right now.

But at least a couple of okay presidents later, hopefully ones that will help turn things around at least a little maybe the issue would be a little more viable. Especially if in the meanwhile med marijuana is made more widely available and stuff like that.

Our individual life changes create trends, albeit maybe undetectable to us, that snowball and eventually change public opinions and policies.

Drug toleration, in public opinion, is likely more accepted now than any point due to general trend changes and less bigotry in the youth markets of the previous generation and the current youth, obviously.

But my parents thought they'd see marijuana legalized in their middle-age. They're in their mid 50's now, but who knows. We just have to keep getting the word out and making noise. As of right now, the fact that it's NOT an issue keeps it from being a negative issue; current legal drug controversies also help to enlighten those capable of reading between the lines in the hypocrisies of the two platforms.

:shrug:

Keep those NORML donations going guys!

I think little will change until a progressive base is established in the Congress, Senate, and White House. Local government is already taking promising steps, (and by progressive I DON'T mean Democrat, although more Dems than Repubs seem to accept marijuana medically. It's different case to case, of course, but there is obviously a religious bias).

~Monk

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8796923 - 08/19/08 03:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

secede from the 'united' states, thats what the fuck we gotta do, tell em we ain't takin' their shit no more and they can speak to the barrels of our guns if they have any problem with it. -- just as our founding fathers intended.

at least i'm hopeful that this will one day happen, otherwise we gotta continue taking it up the ass from a fucked up system.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (08/19/08 03:58 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: DieCommie]
    #8796953 - 08/19/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Is that counting the immigrants (legal or otherwise)?

It would only take legal immigrants into account since it takes the official population measure to figure it out.

InvisibleJack yo Self foo
The Artful Dodger
 User Gallery

Loc: Where the red fern grows....
    #8796973 - 08/19/08 04:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

going with McCain...more of the same, but its kept us a superpower for as long as I remeber...

O'bama wants change...whatever that is...
everything is fine on my end...no thanks...

--------------------
You learn something new everyday, so be sure you learn something from it.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#8797018 - 08/19/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

PyroBurns said:

How much time do you think we have?  Exponential growth is a bitch

Why does it matter? We should strive to change as much as we can on the ground level, and by choosing the least sucky president no matter if the world ends in an hour or in 9 million years.

If the world blows up soon, oh well. If it doesn't then good thing we didn't give up, right?

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8797026 - 08/19/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:
I also think nothing would be more healing to this country's psyche and soul than the current President being executed for treason live on television. 

I was in bocas del toro and someone told me a story about a mayor who ran for office.
He promised to bring wealth and happiness to the people if elected by planting banana crops.
When a few years had gone by and nothing had changed during a city meeting he stepped out to address the town and a man shot him in the head.
The moral of that story was that since then politicians don't make empty promises or fuck around in bocas del toro.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:
Dude how can you say such a thing. Ive literally read exact words about killing Americans within the Koran.......[/quote]
[quote]night_owl said::facepalm:[/quote]

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What are we supposed to do in this fucked up two-party system? [Re: 7734591202]
    #8797071 - 08/19/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

7734591202 said:
Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:
I also think nothing would be more healing to this country's psyche and soul than the current President being executed for treason live on television. 

I was in bocas del toro and someone told me a story about a mayor who ran for office.
He promised to bring wealth and happiness to the people if elected by planting banana crops.
When a few years had gone by and nothing had changed during a city meeting he stepped out to address the town and a man shot him in the head.
The moral of that story was that since then politicians don't make empty promises or fuck around in bocas del toro.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Exactly. I've been fucking around and saying a lot of crazy I'm not serious about just to get people to think about certain things or think a certain way, but I was totally serious about shooting the President in the head in a very official and ritualistic nationalistic way. Thank you for illustrating my point and the philosophy behind it. :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order