Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleshackman
Stranger
outdoor pest control questions
    #879398 - 09/12/02 02:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Four days ago had been three weeks since my friend's dog had put three spent cakes in the ground. The dog has been checking on the spot very regularly since the three week mark. Last night the dog decided to do a little deeper investigation by probing throught the top layer of hay. Oh shit, he found 5 or 6 slugs in a small area. He is a gardener, and one pest control method is to dice a hot pepper real fine, mix with water, and then spray down the area. He was wondering if this is a viable option for his fungi patch or would this be disasterous? He has an Habenero (A.K.A Hot Mofo) just waiting to dice up and sizzle some slugs!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: shackman]
    #879420 - 09/12/02 02:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

OfflinetelefunkenU47
numerator
Loc: cartoon planet
Re: outdoor pest control questions [Re: shackman]
    #879500 - 09/12/02 03:34 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

fry their asses!

--------------------
Central Scrutinizer:
This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...
That was Joe's first confrontation with The Law.
Naturally, we were easy on him.
One of our friendly counselors gave him
A do-nut...and told him to
Stick closer to church-oriented social activities.

-Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage"

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: outdoor pest control questions [Re: shackman]
    #879595 - 09/12/02 04:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Offer the little bastards a beer . Fill a small saucer up , dig a shallow hole , just enough to make easy entrance for the vermin to fall in . Slugs love fermented things and will go into the beer and drown . You could also make a shield they cant climb over , get a piece of sheet metal about 6-12 inches tall (copper works best but is costly in 6 inch diameter size, they hate copper) and surrond the growing site , get some spray adhesive and spray upper couple of inches of the cylinder , then roll in some salt . If any are lucky enough to climb up they will run into salt barrier and retreat . This is safer than dumping salt on soil , enough build up in soil will kill shroomies to . Also hunt the bastards down every where on your property . You can also provide a temp hiding place for them that you open daily and kill all those who stop over . Take a piece of wood or cardboard , prop it up off the ground about half an inch and moisten underneith . Ever morning see if you have guests to kill , and do so ! Let them check in , but not out !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation