Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Trying again after a dangerously bad trip?
    #8793734 - 08/19/08 02:29 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

So in the one showing of massive potency my grows have ever displayed my friend ate about 2.5g dried and then who knows ..a good deal of fresh pins and aborts while we were dosing one day.  Now I guess I should include here that this was in the very heavy after glow of a DXM trip..The morning after actually.  Hell I was still robo-walking.  Don't judge me monkey. ..

Anyway.  Me and J had a freakin blast..it was amazing..That is until D flipped the fuck out..Long story short this guy was trying to run around outside our very urban dwelling in his underwear..(we didnt let him out) and as the absolute worst moment he tried to exit a 3rd floor window..His brain was fucking shattered.  Crying. .couldnt talk..it was like a human mind as a wine glass thrown into a wall..None of us are kids..all mid 20s.  Very logical and grounded people.

So he thinks he'd like to face it again and give it another shot..I'm a little weary about letting him after pulling him back inside of that 3rd floor window.  So I'm wondering if maybe other methods of dosing like tea are more subtle. ..or maybe if the post-DXM retardation is most likely at blame here??  I've never really experienced or even seen a bad trip like this before.. Is this something that happens alot to certain people?  He does have mental illness in the family tree.  This adds to my reluctance to let him dose with us again.  But at the same time he's a damn good friend of mine and I'd really like him to be able to enjoy this amazing experience you know? 

I was thinking of maybe while me and J get our ego loss kicks by eating a stupid amount we'd just let D drink some tea made from a smaller dose.  Tea hits quick and doesnt last as long right?  I've always just ate them.  I also have come to understand that tea cant possibly bring the fury like just straight eating them can.  But honestly what I think is best is to let D have a mild-moderate dose after us harder folk have tested the grow.  Me an J would be sober and tripper sit him .. .but then if he's anything like me having sober people totally ruins the trip..But this is safety we're talkin about here..I dunno.  I worry that if he takes a good dose while having sober trip sitters he'll be fine..but then next time we'll think he's ok and dose our asses into Neptune's orbit and he'll flip again..

Anyone delt with this before?

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Edited by the_0wl (08/19/08 02:42 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineabitavenger
3rd gear vtak
Male

Loc: east coast
Re: Trying again after a dangerously bad trip? [Re: the_0wl]
    #8793956 - 08/19/08 04:15 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

ive heard tea makes for a stronger trip with some people

i woulda been like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck if that shit happened to me

one time i was tripping with my girl and 2 roomates, his gf and my buddy, and his gf came in the room like out of no where and is like come in here for a second "" needs you; i was like huh what oh yeah we all dosed lol well he was laying on his bed face down with his eyes closed thinking he was dead, but would grunt and stuff to answer us so i was like : Dude if you can answer my question then your not dead, sit up, lets go for a walk or smoke a cig or something, then he got up and was like FUCK dude why couldnt i just think of that in my head and do that myself? i was like i dunno, lets smoke haha

sorry to jack but yeah... i dont know if id dose with your buddy anytime soon, maybe have him chill for a few weeks or just plan for a trip like a month ahead and make sure the set and setting is perfect and everyone is clear headed. maybe try a group meditation a few weekends before hand and before the trip.

--------------------
Karma.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: Trying again after a dangerously bad trip? [Re: abitavenger]
    #8793967 - 08/19/08 04:22 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Its already been months.  Maybe he's been able to deal.  I just dont get how some people cant let go and let it happen.  I mean for me its either not strong enough for me to lose my anchor in reality and reason and its like weed.. or its total ego loss and reality and reason dont exist and I'm not capable of freaking out.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Offlineabitavenger
3rd gear vtak
Male

Loc: east coast
    #8793975 - 08/19/08 04:28 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

i totally agree with what your saying about tripping its either not enough or just complete loss of ego and reality and im just kinda letting things happen and enjoying it, its just how i am

like i said, PLAN ahead for this trip, this is the set/setting coming into play here, he will be alot more comfortable knowing this was going to happen say a month ahead of time

and also meditation will relax you guys and clear your minds for the trip

tell him to ask the shrooms : "What can you show me?"

--------------------
Karma.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: Trying again after a dangerously bad trip? [Re: abitavenger]
    #8794034 - 08/19/08 05:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, one of the points where I was able to somewhat calm him down was with some basic meditation practices.  Focusing on only the rise and fall of your chest while breathing, knowing as long as this is happening all is well in a basic buddhist sense.  Basic mindfulness exercise.  I have many years of traditional martial arts training so I have a really good grip on my head.  But he was way way too rattled for me to keep ahold of him this way.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8794039 - 08/19/08 05:12 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the_0wl said:
Its already been months.  Maybe he's been able to deal.  I just dont get how some people cant let go and let it happen.  I mean for me its either not strong enough for me to lose my anchor in reality and reason and its like weed.. or its total ego loss and reality and reason dont exist and I'm not capable of freaking out.

Some people's egos are fighters...they'll fight to the death...literally. 

I really respect your friend for wanting to go back into the psychedelic pool after a trip like that.  It's like getting back up on the horse after a fall; it's just what you gotta do, to face your fears and put the past behind you. 

Whenever I have a horrible scary unnerving trip on shrooms, I usually dose again soon afterwards, on a smaller dose.  Helps me integrate the overwhelming one.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience