Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Loc: 'merica
Re: driving and tripping [Re: Platinum]
    #8794538 - 08/19/08 08:35 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i literally learned how to drive stoned.

--------------------
The Gospel

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: DoseMeHomie]
    #8794581 - 08/19/08 08:48 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I am guilty as charged, have driven stoned before..... and like quite a few people here, I dont have a problem with ME driving stoned...... now, I have seen some cats get high and act like total idiots.... i wouldnt want them driving.

I recently drove while tripping on shrooms..... Tho everything turned out alright, I DONT recommend it, and wont do it again. It simply is not a good idea.

I mean, in all actuality, you could die or kill someone in a car accident stone dead SOBER....... but, is that how you want your parents and loved ones to hear about it?

" Guy dies in a car accident taking a mother and her two children with him while frying balls on acid,shrooms and mescaline. "

It just isnt a great idea.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: driving and tripping [Re: Shad0w]
    #8795010 - 08/19/08 10:19 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I think it's rather hypocritical how the majority of members on here think it's perfectly acceptable to drive stoned out of their mind, and yet driving while tripping is seen as an absolute no-no.

IMO, some people are perfectly capable of driving safely while proper blazed.  Some people are not.

Some people are perfectly capable of driving safely while tripping.  Some people are not.

Now, I myself personally LOVE to go out driving high at night.  The smooth curve of the road, the windows rolled down, and some haunting music pumping from my stereo makes for one of the best experiences in my life.  But if you like to drive high, and don't mind that others who can handle marijuana will be out on the road after blazing up, you should accept the fact that some people can handle driving while tripping, and shouldn't lambast them for something you're guilty of yourself.

If you don't want people who can't handle their shit, be it THC or Psilocybin, out on the road and endangering your safety, then you should be firmly against driving under the influence of anything.  I don't care how well you think you can drive after taking three bong hits or gulping down a eighth of shrooms, just do the rest of us a favor and stay home.  Not only are you risking your own life, but you're risking the safety of others, your car, a DUI/DWI if you get pulled over, getting arrested for whatever drugs you have in your car, and the unwanted attention of the authorities all for being out on the road when you could have been lying back comfortably and tripping balls.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: driving and tripping [Re: deCypher]
    #8795226 - 08/19/08 11:07 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I get lost constantly when I drive high, which I do often.

I don't think I'd ever drive tripping unless I was really desperate, though. And especially not on mushrooms... sounds like it would be fuckin' awful.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinestewy1412
meddle echoes
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: driving and tripping [Re: Platinum]
    #8795273 - 08/19/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

so a few weeks ago i was at work and took 3 hits of acid before i left.  i got home changed cloths and went outside for a while and played hacky sac with my brother.  then my friend calls and tells me there are a couple chicks that want to match some bowls so of course i had to get there somehow, so i drove.  i had to follow my friend in his car to get the her house but i didnt hit anything.  ill never do it again tho

--------------------
:rasta:im the one thats got to die when its time for me to die
so let me live my life the way i want to
-Jimi Hendrix:mushroom2:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: driving and tripping [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8795297 - 08/19/08 11:23 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've driven while tripping before.

It's certainly a 'by feel' situation. Worst case scenario I still give myself options. If I'm tripping nuts, I'm not going anywhere, fuck that.

If I'm feeling pretty straight, just altered thinking, I'll try some things out, see how my coordination is, then I might drive somewhere.

Every time I've done it has been at night, on highways, and I've driven just about the same as sober (there were slight differences, most notably I'd leave my brights on a bit too long when a car was approaching.) These are highways where you meet a car every 5 to 10 minutes.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleMrKite1
Cosmo

Loc: AK
Re: driving and tripping [Re: Kickle]
    #8795313 - 08/19/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I rather enjoy driving while tripping good. But it is always off road in an off road vehicle.
That both absolves me of legal responsibility and means I'm only a hazard to myself.

Besides, tripping in the woods is the best.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Offlinestewy1412
meddle echoes
Male

Loc: Wisconsin
    #8795322 - 08/19/08 11:29 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

dude my friend was at a festival after taking 10 hits but when he got there he was getting "bad vibes" (who all know what i meen) so he left  and drove home.  even tho he lived like 10 min away it was all inerstate roads.  when i talked to him after that he said he was just following the wavy yellow lines

--------------------
:rasta:im the one thats got to die when its time for me to die
so let me live my life the way i want to
-Jimi Hendrix:mushroom2:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: driving and tripping [Re: the_0wl]
    #8795324 - 08/19/08 11:29 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the_0wl said:
Yeah.  I obviously don't have much against drug use being here.  But there are certain things you should never do while fucked up on anything.  Things that involve the safety of other people, like driving.  Now, I know that the experienced weed smoker can drive just fine..but the 16 year old kid baked out of his mind can not.  And NOBODY sloshed on a 5th can do much more then piss/shit themselves.  There are different degrees of stupid here..but its up to a responsible and reasonable adult to determine for themselves when they should or should not operate a 4000lbs battering ram.  And we've proven we cant do that so thats why there are DUI/DWI laws.

I agree with this stance. Use responsibly.

If you're incapable of that, the rules are going to get you.

--------------------

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#8795616 - 08/19/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
I think it's rather hypocritical how the majority of members on here think it's perfectly acceptable to drive stoned out of their mind, and yet driving while tripping is seen as an absolute no-no.

I don't know man. I realize all drugs effect people differently.

I've driven stoned more times than I care to count. I don't necessarily think I'm a better driver, but I'm certainly more careful.

I've also driven a very very short distance on acid and I completely recommend against it. My mind was all over the place and had there been traffic or anything, I definitely could have fucked up.

--------------------

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: Seeker_22]
    #8795709 - 08/19/08 12:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seeker_22 said:
The door is a jar. :psychsplit:

Haha, how the fuck can a door be a jar?

lol i heard this before...i think it was bill hicks right?

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: RedRainDrop]
    #8795737 - 08/19/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

OH yeah btw this thread reminds me of the part in harold and kumars new movie when neil takes a shitload of shrooms while driving them across the border..... alot of funny things happen....

He drives perfectly the whole way too. (then again thats a movie)

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
    #8795769 - 08/19/08 12:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:

IMO, some people are perfectly capable of driving safely while proper blazed.  Some people are not.

Some people are perfectly capable of driving safely while tripping.  Some people are not.

driving while high is not a big deal for an experienced stoner.  driving while tripping is completely different.  you can be an experienced tripper and be all over the road or if your dose is too high, you will def. put a car into a ditch, house, etc.  i have seen a guy i graduated high school with get way too high (dose + mdma + a lot of booze) drive his car into a tree.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: driving and tripping [Re: Alicedee25]
    #8795805 - 08/19/08 12:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It's obviously safer to drive high than it is to drive tripping, but my point is that there are people out there who can handle both, and if your position is to advocate driving high for experienced stoners, then it's contradictory to be against experienced trippers driving while under the influence.  The correct answer is to be against ALL driving under the influence, be it mushrooms or the ganja.  Assuming that you're that badass of a driver to be able to drive perfectly well after smoking an eighth of dank bud is comparably the same to someone else assuming they're that badass to go driving after a couple hits of 'cid.

Yes, you might be safer on the road than the 'cid tripper, but you're still both idiots.

Edit: Also, that seems a strange example to tout the danger of driving under the influence of psychedelics, especially because you mentioned the person in question had drunk a lot of booze before driving.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: driving and tripping [Re: smokeybear]
    #8795819 - 08/19/08 12:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

True that.

I'd consider myself an experienced tripper, but if my ego is breaking down and I'm questioning the fabric of reality, I'm probably not too focused on that red light in front of me.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

OfflineTheArsenal
Stranger

#8795943 - 08/19/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm very used to driving high. I drive high on pills and bud all the time. Never had any problems.

However, with tripping I like to just gauge where its at. I've driven on 2 g of fire mushies once. It wasn't very hard, but I just had to concentrate more. The road would elongate and become harder to notice things like curbs and parked objects. Basically, if you just pay attention like you always should be and aren't blasted the fuck off...I don't find it hard.

I only drove for like 15 minutes, though. It was uncomfortable trying so hard to stay legit. That part sucked while tripping.

--------------------
To be reborn is to feel whole, as you did when you were first born. You come with nothing, and leave with nothing.

Life is like a big obstacle
put in front of your optical to slow you down
And everytime you think you gotten past it
it's gonna come back around and tackle you to the damn ground

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: driving and tripping [Re: TheArsenal]
    #8796611 - 08/19/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheArsenal said:
I'm very used to driving high. I drive high on pills and bud all the time. Never had any problems.

However, with tripping I like to just gauge where its at. I've driven on 2 g of fire mushies once. It wasn't very hard, but I just had to concentrate more. The road would elongate and become harder to notice things like curbs and parked objects. Basically, if you just pay attention like you always should be and aren't blasted the fuck off...I don't find it hard.

I only drove for like 15 minutes, though. It was uncomfortable trying so hard to stay legit. That part sucked while tripping.

Sounds like you're achin' for some trouble.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: driving and tripping [Re: thedudenj]
    #8796996 - 08/19/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
i do it all the time, it sometimes freaks people out but i love freaking them out so yeah.

you are a moron.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#8797010 - 08/19/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I drive while high on pot all the time, I don't do any worse in the least. Normally when I'm tripping after the first couple hours or so I get a handle on the trip and feel more capable than when I'm sober. I still make it a rule not to drive though, why risk it? However, I did drive while tripping on acid this Sunday. My friend was trip sitting me and it was just up the street to the gas station on a 25mph road. I was completely fine, didn't have a problem at all. This was at around 7 hours on a single hit of acid though, so I definitely wasn't too far out there.

Invisiblein_sherman
Stranger
Re: driving and tripping [Re: krypto2000]
    #8797376 - 08/19/08 05:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

one night my brother and i smoked a lot of weed and we split an eighth of mushrooms. i drove that night. you just have to know your limits and the odds

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom