Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlicedee25

driving and tripping
    #8793170 - 08/18/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i've seen some people talk about this on this board. I know two people who have crashed their cars tripping.. luckly they just went off the road into bushes and trees and not into other people

wtf people. youre going to get killed

--------------------
Here's Tom with the weather

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: Alicedee25]
    #8793174 - 08/18/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alicedee25 said:
i've seen some people talk about this on this board. I know two people who have crashed their cars tripping.. luckly they just went off the road into bushes and trees and not into other people

wtf people. youre going to get killed

Indeed.

--------------------

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #8793210 - 08/18/08 10:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I know some people that can drive pretty well while tripping, but not tripping hard. On a hit or two of some average acid I think I would be fine to drive, though I have never tried it in fear that I would be wrong.

I just don't like people driving around on psychedelics in fear that some one will hit some one else, and it will be on the news "man on acid runs over pedestrian" or something like that.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

Loc: Through The Looking Glass
Re: driving and tripping [Re: Drewwyann]
    #8793334 - 08/18/08 10:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Drewwyann said:
I know some people that can drive pretty well while tripping, but not tripping hard. On a hit or two of some average acid I think I would be fine to drive, though I have never tried it in fear that I would be wrong.

I just don't like people driving around on psychedelics in fear that some one will hit some one else, and it will be on the news "man on acid runs over pedestrian" or something like that.

exactly!
all we need is one asshole to fuck it all up and then we all get a bad reputation.
"oh those kids taking acid and running people over thinking they were playing GTA4"

--------------------
“Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself. Think for yourself. Question authority.”
- Dr. Timothy Leary

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: driving and tripping [Re: SydBarrett420]
    #8793362 - 08/18/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I always figured low doses with no visuals = ok.. no?

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: dwtk]
    #8793371 - 08/18/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Do not drive altered. Stoned is frowned upon, but acceptable when its necessary.

--------------------

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: driving and tripping [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8793472 - 08/18/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i remember back in the day, tripping while driving and trying to catch up to my headlight shining on the ground.  it was not good, least to say i was 17 and luckily i pulled it off at the time.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Loc: 'merica
Re: driving and tripping [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8793502 - 08/18/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I will drive around the world stoned!!
I learned to drive high. maybe some people have a problem with it but not me.

i try not to drive spun or drunk though. but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

--------------------
The Gospel

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8793525 - 08/18/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

My old roommate crashed his car into a tree on mushrooms when he was younger.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: driving and tripping [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #8793552 - 08/18/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Lol I couldn't agree more OP.
I remember being driven around once, the road was like roller coaster tracks, and I kept having 'out of body' experiences. Like looking at a plant as we drove past and realizing like 20 secs later I'm still looking at it.
I said to the spotter (who was driving) 'I wish you could see what I see!'  then he looked at the crazed look on my face 'I don't think that'd be very wise, you've been shouting at the dash'

And I think Weed is OK to drive on. I know if I'm stoned I'm usually doing 20kms under the limit and paranoid about hitting ANYTHING, including white lines lol!

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: driving and tripping [Re: polantis]
    #8793610 - 08/18/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i do it all the time, it sometimes freaks people out but i love freaking them out so yeah.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinevldmrs
no title
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: driving and tripping [Re: thedudenj]
    #8793712 - 08/19/08 12:19 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

damn , thats insane to drive on trip, never do this :laugh:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: driving and tripping [Re: vldmrs]
    #8793717 - 08/19/08 12:22 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

lol i totally freaked someone out this weekend i question if thats why they did get a ride back with me lol, but no they were heading out any way... or atleast i hope

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisibleack
Stranger in the night

Re: driving and tripping [Re: thedudenj]
    #8793797 - 08/19/08 12:50 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

DUI is quite the irresponsible thing to do. Avoid it if possible.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: ack]
    #8793814 - 08/19/08 01:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah.  I obviously don't have much against drug use being here.  But there are certain things you should never do while fucked up on anything.  Things that involve the safety of other people, like driving.  Now, I know that the experienced weed smoker can drive just fine..but the 16 year old kid baked out of his mind can not.  And NOBODY sloshed on a 5th can do much more then piss/shit themselves.  There are different degrees of stupid here..but its up to a responsible and reasonable adult to determine for themselves when they should or should not operate a 4000lbs battering ram.  And we've proven we cant do that so thats why there are DUI/DWI laws.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

OfflineOrbital_Saucer
Other
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: SydBarrett420]
    #8794044 - 08/19/08 03:18 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SydBarrett420 said:
all we need is one asshole to fuck it all up and then we all get a bad reputation.

I heartily agree with what you're all saying, and I know last time I tripped and my friend left the car parked like an ass, there was no way I would have even got in to move it a few feet. Just the concept freaked me out.

I kind of like driving on a not-too-intense marajuana high if I feel up to it, though.

Edited by Orbital_Saucer (08/19/08 03:20 AM)

OfflineEat A Peach
Iconoclastic guerilla
Male

Loc: I can see my house from h...
    #8794269 - 08/19/08 06:05 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Drewwyann said:

The basic problem with this idea is that the concern seems to be focused on what the local papers will say about the incident and how it will harm us and not on the fact that someone was hit by an asshole while they were driving a car on hallucinogens. I am stunned at the frequency of people on this board that believe that driving under the influence of ANY psychedelic is acceptable.

Boys and girls, the drugs that we decide to take have the ability to expand our minds. Please allow yours to expand for a moment, DRIVING WHILE TRIPPING IS INSANITY!

EAP

Edited by Eat A Peach (08/19/08 06:07 AM)

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

Re: driving and tripping [Re: Eat A Peach]
    #8794273 - 08/19/08 06:09 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The door is a jar. :psychsplit:

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain.  Fire."

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: driving and tripping [Re: Seeker_22]
    #8794458 - 08/19/08 08:09 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This topic has come up a lot on this board over the years.

I drive stoned all the time.  Roadies/burn cruises are a major part of my life.  Personally, I think I'm a more careful and laid back (no road rage) driver when I'm high.  I see zero problem with my driving baked.

I will not drive on any dose of mushrooms.  Ever.  I have driven on low doses of acid and mescaline before, and done just fine.  I don't think I'll be doing this anymore (the last time was rather intense, stronger than I thought acid in a wicked thunderstorm), but I do so love doing things like driving and rock climbing on low doses of acid.  50-75ug, a sunny day, and the top down cruising down country roads is amazing.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: driving and tripping [Re: circularvortex]
    #8794472 - 08/19/08 08:16 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Personally, I learned how to drive stoned. Not literally, but all my early driving experiences I was stoned, so essentially I learned to drive stoned. I've never driven WHILE tripping, but I have driven like 5 hours after eating mushrooms... so I guess you could argue I was still tripping, but it was at the tail end of coming down. I've driven on E though.

My friend drove approx 15 minutes from his house to a friends house peaking on 6 hits of acid, whi9le the rest of us in the car were on shrooms. THAT was intense. We got to the destination safely, but almost killed each other when it took us 45 minutes to unroll a dutch. The driver pulled a knife out and threatened my friend to give him the dutch. My friend yelled at him saying "WTF ARE YOU DOING YOU FUCKING MORON... YOU HAVE A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND" - he looked in his hand and saw the knife, and realized wtf he was doing. He was just like "dude... my bad... that was probably a bad idea" rofl.

sorry - went a bit off topic, but i love telling that story. The story gets even better too... but I figured I'd end it there.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies