Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Tripping to recover from heartbreak..
    #8792408 - 08/18/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Please don't get me wrong; I'm not talking about tripping JUST to fix your girl/guy issues. I'm talking about tripping after a recent breakup or conflict.

I feel like it can be useful if timed correctly. And what I mean by correctly, is tripping as soon as you feel somewhat stable and not so depressed. In my own experience, a great trip can help you appreciate yourself more to the point where you're more important than anyone else who has caused you this harm, for the time being (or longer if you carry those feelings with you the days following).

Someone once told me you have to love yourself before you can love someone else, and I feel like this is a great way to achieve just that..

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehaymaker
Mr Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Tripping to recover from heartbreak.. [Re: dwtk]
    #8792423 - 08/18/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

erm... i have mixed feelings about this.

on the one hand: with good mates, nice s&s etc. it could be very beneficial

however, if you got upset... it could be the shittest 6 hours of your life

--------------------
"Make hay while the sun shines"
My Trade List

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #8792428 - 08/18/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

bad trips make you face your demons
sometimes i dose knowing ill have a "bad trip," just because i think its good for the soul to get its ass beat sometimes.  tripping in hard times can be therapeutic, it's put a positive spin on my life a few times

Edited by zSDMF (08/18/08 07:33 PM)

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping to recover from heartbreak.. [Re: zSDMF]
    #8792436 - 08/18/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well yeah actually let me clear things up a little..

I'm talking about post-breakup. When you can't get that person out of your head and he/she keeps popping into thoughts. I would never trip if I'm still decently depressed from a RECENT, serious, breakup.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8792437 - 08/18/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Bit of a dice roll, IMO.  Either you'll resolve your sense of loss and replace with that fresh, psychedelic wonder about life, or you'll end up in a twisting maelstrom of negative emotions that sends you into a downward, depressive spiral of angst.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8792439 - 08/18/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I tripped really soon after my girlfriend of five years and I decided to break up.  I listened to Spiritualized's 2-disc Live At Royal Albert Hall while walking slowly across the Brooklyn Bridge in the the broad afternoon sun. It was a really powerful and cathartic experience. Definitely glad I did it.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping to recover from heartbreak.. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8792455 - 08/18/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I tripped really soon after my girlfriend of five years and I decided to break up.  I listened to Spiritualized's 2-disc Live At Royal Albert Hall while walking slowly across the Brooklyn Bridge in the the broad afternoon sun. It was a really powerful and cathartic experience. Definitely glad I did it.

Did you seem to get over her much more quickly after that?

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8792468 - 08/18/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dwtk said:
Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

Did you seem to get over her much more quickly after that?

I think in a way that question is kind of silly. I mean, I don't have a way of measuring it against anything else. This love was this love, not like another love, and there's no way of telling whether it sped up my getting over her or not. But that being said it took us six long months of back and forth after that point before we finally decided we should break it off, so if you're hoping mushrooms will help you cope faster, I don't know, sometimes I think going into trips looking for a specific something can be dangerous in of itself...sorry if this is all rambly, I am incredibly stoned right now..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping to recover from heartbreak.. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8792477 - 08/18/08 07:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Nah it's fine.. I'm just curious; I'm not actually going to attempt anything like that lol.

--------------------

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#8792520 - 08/18/08 07:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hopefully good ole lucy wont break your heart.

Invisible513orangejuice
Female

Re: Tripping to recover from heartbreak.. [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #8792802 - 08/18/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ive been trying this for the last 2 years, not for the purpose of getting over somebody, but just cuz i love tripping and i give 2 monkey shits if i got a broke heart. lol but fuk, everytime i trip i fall in love cuz when i trip i love loving all lovelyness and lovable lovings, and i cant help it in this state of mind, so sometimes i get sad,... but ive fell in love with the side of a velcro strap one time, and ive fell in love with the texture of cat fur like a BIZILION times over, so its all good.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

America is a rapist.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: Tripping to recover from heartbreak.. [Re: 513orangejuice]
    #8792840 - 08/18/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Tripping hard on LSD would be a better remedy for a death in the family, rather than a break-up from an old girlfriend or boyfriend, I would think....

I mean, that's what I did, albeit not purposefully...

My grandma died a little over a year ago. I was terribly saddened by it at first, and smoked some weed and whatnot to try and get over it. It helped a bit, but I was still torn up inside. I was offered some really good acid within the same week I believe, and since I am at peace with her death. I understand where she went now. :smile:

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping to recover from heartbreak.. [Re: 513orangejuice]
    #8793149 - 08/18/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

g

Edited by shaos (04/09/11 08:29 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds