Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnother_Melb_Guy
Single White Male
Male

Few Questions...
    #8791464 - 08/18/08 03:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Firstly .... I am about to order some prints..

But..

As i am in Aus... im thinking its going to be close to impossible to order Syringes and actually get them through customs, So this is where i think my only other option is to, by some prints and make up my own.

Now i dont have a Flow-hood, will i get away with creating the Syringes in a "Glovebox" ?? if not will anyone in Aus be able to send Syringes to me in Aus... or will the post office scan this ??

Secondly I do not have a pressure cooker at the moment.. I will Certainly look into getting one in the future.. But again will i get away with not having a pressure cooker for my first grow ??

Anyway Please give me some advice, Before anyone has do some reading ive spent the last 3 days on this site reading / learning.. So some pointers more relevant to my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to anyone who can shed some light onto these questions.
Regards Me

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Few Questions... [Re: Another_Melb_Guy]
    #8791483 - 08/18/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hi there and welcome.

Yes it will be fine making syringes in a glovebox. Glovebox works on the princaple of still air. The box doesnt need to be sterile, but as your working in a confined space, any contaminants that may be present will have settle to the bottom and wont be thrown into the air to land on your projects.

A pressure cooker isnt required for the pf tek (but i still recomend it) steam sterilisation should be sufficient.

http://www.shroomery.org/4/Grow-Mushrooms

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineaaronemerritt
boomer groomer
 User Gallery

Re: Few Questions... [Re: Another_Melb_Guy]
    #8791484 - 08/18/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

cant help with customs but you can grow with out a pressure cooker i have proof of that but you have to use pf tek its the only way

--------------------
Mushrooms are a funny drug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offlinebootedboy
SpaceCowboy
 User Gallery

Re: Few Questions... [Re: aaronemerritt]
    #8791536 - 08/18/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My first grow, I used a print to make a syringe and skipped all kinds of steps. I didn't use a pressure cooker or a glovebox. I surely would not recommend this to you but everything worked out fine. Just be as sterile as possible and wear gloves and make some sort of still air box, you will be fine. Oh, and please do a lot more research before making anymore posts. www.mushroomvideos.com

--------------------
Ask me about ARX!!!

OfflineAnother_Melb_Guy
Single White Male
Male

Re: Few Questions... [Re: bootedboy]
    #8791615 - 08/18/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Firstly "veda_sticks "

Thanks Great advice.. cheers mate

"Onlinebootedboy "

I purchased them videos :thumbup: only a few days ago.. great videos except for the part where they they speak of not using a pressure cooker ... but then forget to mention anything else about the tek of not using a pressure cooker...... Thats why i asked this question.

Thanks again

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures