Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblenever.never.land
Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Anywhere the wind blows
Head Shops
    #8791029 - 08/18/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I LOVE Headshops, and the owners are usually awesome.

What I'd like to discuss in this thread is the contrast in headshops I've seen.

Now my local headshop is awesome. The owner always reeks of weed and since he and his wife are the only employees you know there's plenty of weed smoking going on in there. You won't get kicked out for references or even directly mentioning illegal drugs, I've even seen him sell stuff to minors. (I personally view that as a great thing because I know I would've loved a shop that would've sold to me when I was underage)

Just today I bought a new glass pipe (I'd post pics but I don't have a camera right now). And its beautiful. I told him I'd take it and after I told him he gave me $ 10.99 off the price. He wasn't trying to make the sale, I told him I would buy it, he was just trying to be a nice guy. I love that shop. :heart:

NOW, I've also been to another kind of headshop. The people at the desk aren't the owner(s). They're snobby and don't tolerate any drug talk. They wouldn't DREAM of giving somebody money off an item they've already made the sale for.

Have all of you found your nice shops? Or do you go to some uptight place?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenatehimself
You'll find me in the fields!
Male User Gallery

Loc: It's a dry hate.
Re: Head Shops [Re: never.never.land]
    #8791041 - 08/18/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well I don't visit any head shops as I don't smoke weed but there is an herb shop around here that is really freaking cool. Family owned for the last 30 years when you walk in the door they give you a glass of tea and ask if you want to relax in their garden before you start shopping. I almost always end up spending 40 bucks whenever I visit because they have gotten to know me and know what I am interested in.

--------------------

The problem with kids these days is that they just don't respect drugs.

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

Re: Head Shops [Re: natehimself]
    #8791055 - 08/18/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

OK, so this headshop that I went into yesterday had a retard at the counter.  Literal retard.  I ask him, "how much for a case of nitrous."  He jerks around about 15 times and then goes into a stupor.  So I say, that's 25 boxes.  How much.  He walks behind this little box where the register is and I hear him hitting a calculator and he comes back and says, "that will be $419.00."  I say, "come on man, give me a break.'  He says, "we're not a wholeseller."  I say, "later retard."  And I go down the street to another shop and get it for $250.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #8791106 - 08/18/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Almost EVERY headshop that I've been to was owned by an Indian... They will help you out in any way but they usually don't know too much about pipes :smirk: Most will give you a deal if you ask.  I haven't really been to many headshops outside of NYC, other than this little smoke shop by my house... He hooks me up with good deals when I buy a couple items. The prices are already lower than any headshops in the city but the selection isn't the greatest. The most expensive pieces he has are some nice bubblers and bongs, and they are only around 50 bucks! Stuff I see for 25-30 bucks, this dude sells for 12-15. A while back he had an awesome glass bong with a lizard on it for only 90 bucks! If the same bong was sold at another headshop, it would be 250 :eek:  So I now stick with this store, instead of a half hour train ride its a 5 minute car ride.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Head Shops [Re: danlennon3]
    #8791134 - 08/18/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i hate headshops myself, i believe they ruin it for everyone else because they advocate using drugs in a manner that lawmakers are using as examples.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: Head Shops [Re: highdroponics]
    #8791161 - 08/18/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oh come on. How do they advocate drugs in a specific manner. A gas station doesn't advocate tobacco.

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

#8791194 - 08/18/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i don't really visit head shops, because i don't like spending $$$ on pieces over and over. yeah there are some cool ones and all but I'd always prefer a well rolled joint that cost 2 pennies and a minute to roll up :thumbup:

never spoke with the peeps runnin it too much :shrug:

Edited by blkjkrabbit (08/18/08 02:08 PM)

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Head Shops [Re: silly_sigh_ben]
    #8791207 - 08/18/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silly_sigh_ben said:
OK, so this headshop that I went into yesterday had a retard at the counter.  Literal retard.  I ask him, "how much for a case of nitrous."  He jerks around about 15 times and then goes into a stupor.  So I say, that's 25 boxes.  How much.  He walks behind this little box where the register is and I hear him hitting a calculator and he comes back and says, "that will be $419.00."  I say, "come on man, give me a break.'  He says, "we're not a wholeseller."  I say, "later retard."  And I go down the street to another shop and get it for $250.

wow. how cool of you to belittle him like that :thumbup:

OfflineAsAboveSoBelow
The matrix has you

Re: Head Shops [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8791211 - 08/18/08 02:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

first headshop i ever walked into, I was kicked out in about 15 seconds because I stupidly said Bong

--------------------

You're gonna get hurt real bad :smile:

They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

Re: Head Shops [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8791227 - 08/18/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:cool:  I was joking about him being a "literal retard".

Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: Head Shops [Re: AsAboveSoBelow]
    #8791237 - 08/18/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Lol. Hope it didn't hurt the way you view them. I could easily see myself spending a whole day and hundreds of dollars I don't have in a single headshop.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#8791241 - 08/18/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

never.never.land said:
Oh come on. How do they advocate drugs in a specific manner. A gas station doesn't advocate tobacco.

lets see, i heard from people that they sell mushroom growing kits, i have personally not seen this but salvia is sold in 50x even up to 100x extracts in many head shops(lawmakers continuously point this out -- and this is the reason salvia will become federally illegal), you find detox drugs, and its just plain obvious that they overstep their bounds overall with marijuana posters, music, movies, then they got a bunch of bongs they claim to be selling for tobacco use.

until these drugs are legal head shops need to cool it down several notches, because they are ruining it for everyone.

sorry if i seem like a buzz kill or whatever, i just passionately hate head shops and their owners for the stupidity that they have brought into all this.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (08/18/08 02:26 PM)

Pirate
Male User Gallery

#8791320 - 08/18/08 02:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Nobody's trying to make Salvia illegal in Canada. I hate to break it to you but it isn't your head shops that the problem, it's your government.

InvisiblePhallus
I'd fruit that.
 User Gallery

Loc: sunshine shit-land
    #8791355 - 08/18/08 02:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

never.never.land said:
it isn't your head shops that the problem, it's your government.

qft

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

#8791357 - 08/18/08 02:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
Quote:

never.never.land said:

lets see, i heard from people that they sell mushroom growing kits, i have personally not seen this but salvia is sold in 50x even up to 100x extracts in many head shops(lawmakers continuously point this out -- and this is the reason salvia will become federally illegal), you find detox drugs, and its just plain obvious that they overstep their bounds overall with marijuana posters, music, movies, then they got a bunch of bongs they claim to be selling for tobacco use.

until these drugs are legal head shops need to cool it down several notches, because they are ruining it for everyone.

sorry if i seem like a buzz kill or whatever, i just passionately hate head shops and their owners for the stupidity that they have brought into all this.

hmmm...that actually makes sense. :bongload:

OfflineJamio
1337 Tech Nerd
Male

Loc: In The Motherboard
    #8791372 - 08/18/08 02:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

never.never.land said:
Nobody's trying to make Salvia illegal in Canada. I hate to break it to you but it isn't your head shops that the problem, it's your government.

That comment FTW.

I have only been in 2 headshops, both of which where pretty crappy. Over priced prodo work. and the few good pipes are always WAY overpriced.

Tho the one does employ some pretty hot chicks. So a visit is never a total loss.

--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

Re: Head Shops [Re: Jamio]
    #8791390 - 08/18/08 02:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jamio said:
Quote:

never.never.land said:

Tho the one does employ some pretty hot chicks. So a visit is never a total loss.

There's one in Phoenix that I go to everytime I'm there.  I pick up a small glass pipe and hit on the hot tatoo'd chicks in the store.

Offlinedrok
carpetbagger
Male User Gallery

Loc: on my high horse
    #8791392 - 08/18/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

never.never.land said:
You won't get kicked out for references or even directly mentioning illegal drugs, I've even seen him sell stuff to minors.

if thats the case they aint gonna be in buisness for much longer

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR GOOD MUSIC

CLICK HERE FOR GOOD MUSIC

Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: Head Shops [Re: drok]
    #8791481 - 08/18/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

He's been in business for years. I expect to see them for many more years. Go Canada!

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#8791506 - 08/18/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

never.never.land said:

in canada is it legal for you to actually consume salvia? because in the states it's not, yet the head shops still sell it for consumption purposes, just about anything that alters the mind is illegal unless prescribed by a doctor in the US.

the ignorance of the people is just as much to blame as my government, as ignorance is what made it that way.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #8791513 - 08/18/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Anybody that sells dried Salvia to the public is part of the problem.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: Head Shops [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8791773 - 08/18/08 04:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Wow. This has gotten off topic. Anyways I'm all for the sale of Salvia to anybody 18 +. (Only thing he cards people for)

What's the "problem"?

Pirate
Male User Gallery

#8791892 - 08/18/08 04:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Last post at 4:20 :thumbup:

OfflineJamio
1337 Tech Nerd
Male

Loc: In The Motherboard
    #8791913 - 08/18/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I also fail to see a problem with selling salvia. I mean sure they might want to make it harder to get (so you dont hear about more idiots running cars into crowds of people.).

But I have smoked salvia on many an occasion and have never had a frighting experience with it. Found a few of them to be very enlightening actually. So like I said, I don't think it should be illegal, but they should make it harder to get your hands on

--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds