Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
How will this world be destroyed?
    #878805 - 09/11/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think it could be by pollution. But we will probably have killed ourselfs through pollution , before the world itself will be annihilated.
Or we could turn around and really do something about pollution, save ourselfs before the sun will explode ultimately.

Or maybe a meteor will hit the planet.

Because, our planet at long last will one day end. And there is nothing we can really do about it. Pollution we can handle, but if something would come from outside our planet and would damage our planet. We would not be able to do shit about it.

So why the hell don't we invest more in space projects? I believe because we are currently living in a information/profit based sociaty. That only looks front or down. And almost never around or up.

But this is not helping us. Our primal urge is survival, so why aren't we making any real fast powered combined preparations? Because we are to buzy with other things that have affect now. And we are not looking towards the future to prevent things from happening.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: How will this world be destroyed? [Re: Fliquid]
    #878931 - 09/11/02 06:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Still no reply's.. This would make me conclude.. That nobody here cares about our planet..  :frown: 

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #879057 - 09/11/02 08:43 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Still no reply's.. This would make me conclude.. That nobody here cares about our planet..
More like you posted fairly late at night in the middle of the week.

I guess it matters what you would consider "destroyed" to mean. Pollution won't do it, because whenever it gets bad enough to start actually killing people they find a way to fix it, even if that means just closing off an area. As far as a meteor, it could be bad, but it has happened before and there is still life here. Volcanic eruptions like Mt. Pinatubo and Krakatoa are comparable to a fairly good sized meteor impact, and they had pretty minimal impact on the human population overall.

You need to realize that the world is a *very* big place, so big it is hard to truly imagine.

One way it might end (all life) is a supernova a bit too close. Betelgeuse is only about 450 light years away. If it went bang the amount of gamma rays and X rays would be enough to cause a lot of problems. But there are organisms we know would survive even that.

Eventually the Sun will become a red giant (a few billion years from now). The heat from that will be sufficient to boil the oceans away and destroy any life.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: How will this world be destroyed? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #879062 - 09/11/02 08:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I guess it matters what you would consider "destroyed" to mean. Pollution won't do it, because whenever it gets bad enough to start actually killing people they find a way to fix it, even if that means just closing off an area. As far as a meteor, it could be bad, but it has happened before and there is still life here. Volcanic eruptions like Mt. Pinatubo and Krakatoa are comparable to a fairly good sized meteor impact, and they had pretty minimal impact on the human population overall.

I meant in the extreme. Pollution over the limit causing massive global warming and fooding of the planet. And so on...

You need to realize that the world is a *very* big place, so big it is hard to truly imagine.

The bigger the planet the more to destroy... The bigger the planet the more people to destroy it.

One way it might end (all life) is a supernova a bit too close. Betelgeuse is only about 450 light years away. If it went bang the amount of gamma rays and X rays would be enough to cause a lot of problems. But there are organisms we know would survive even that.

And an specially equiped underground hiding place would not help? There must be ways to survive something like that...

Eventually the Sun will become a red giant (a few billion years from now). The heat from that will be sufficient to boil the oceans away and destroy any life.

Only way to survive that would be if we start leaving early before the universe has expanded to far for us to ever get to a safe place.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #879093 - 09/11/02 09:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know about total destruction... the human species will survive one way or another, even if that means retreating underground, flying away in space ships, entering a tran-dimensional portal, etc... I'm leaning towards the latter myself.  :grin:

*activates mer-ka-ba* 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: How will this world be destroyed? [Re: Adamist]
    #879099 - 09/11/02 09:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hope so... And wonder how they would be...

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #879369 - 09/12/02 12:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Almost certainly.

Like you said, humanity will probably kill itself, but the planet with get smashed like any other at some point. If it happens to survive the next 50 billion years, then it will be destroyed when the Sun swells to a red giant and engulfs it.

Our primal urge IS survival, but we still, in general, don?t give a fuck about humanity?s future. This is because people like me and you and don?t have to build space stations or exodus projects to survive. We only have to build them if we want future generations to survive. Who cares about them? :smirk: 

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Edited by CyberChump (09/12/02 12:28 AM)

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: How will this world be destroyed? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #879401 - 09/12/02 12:45 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I care. I want other people to be able to enjoy mushrooms, sex, the unexplainable for ever and ever... Till the end of it all...

Your pic looks like (from an ants point of view) the top of an ice cream falling on the ground...  :grin: 

--------------------

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
    #887726 - 09/17/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think times will start to get ruff sooner then most think.  I might seem insane but I believe something from the sky will come down and clean the earth of everything bad.  We will think it's bad and try to stop it but in doing that we get our asses kicked.  After that those that were smart enough will start a new population.  Those left over will be very small....  :frown: 

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: How will this world be destroyed? [Re: nezshoo]
    #892379 - 09/18/02 11:49 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'll be one of them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies