Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: Reluctant Virgin ... [Re: bandog]
    #8791267 - 08/18/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

geez.. anyone here can look at this thread and see exactly what you dont know.. I think YOU should take advice... like, from people who are trying to give it to you..

have fun trying to fruit you infected cutlture

O yeah.. post pics too.. so we can say " I told you so".. haha

hate me if you want, but what I said holds true, and you have yet to disprove anything..

sooo.. I guess this waste of space thread is just going to stay here? cause your questions have been answered VERY well...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

#8791277 - 08/18/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bandog said:
Quote:

I think you're confused about what a casing is, and what a substrate is.

Good lord, roger ... I've been doing this for four years .. with
your help!! If I'm not mistaken, it was you who clarified
all of this for me a long, long time ago.
I am not confused ... rather, I think that the ensuing posts to my
original statement have confused things a great deal.

he told you exactly what I told you.. you dont understand a casing well enough.. you said you dont disregard him.. well... you heard what he said..

you are confused and your shit is infected.. end of story.. we already told you strain doesnt matter.. we already told you exactly how to make is start fruiting, but you ignore it..

why ask for help, then deny it? it just doesnt make sense.. I have helped alot of people, and know what I am talking about..

I wish someone with a higher post count would come in and co-sign this, since he wont listen to me, and he only respects post count..

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

#8791380 - 08/18/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bandog said:
Quote:

so, from what I read, that picture was from 2 days after you cased it...

oh my god ... I can't believe this...

YOU said that the CASED tub - second photo - was overlayed ... NOT me.
Can you not see this??

*I* said that the UNCASED substrate - the first photo - was
overlayed.

Ok im just going to make a quick attempt at possibly clearing this up for you if you’re willing to listen. If not that’s fine to… you can only show someone the door, they have to make the choice to walk through themselves. Anyway if you insist that an uncased substrate can overlay like your saying happened in the first pic, could you please explain to me what you call a fully colonized half pint jar which you used to spawn your sub with?

If you call a 100% colonized substrate overlaid which would mean it would be incapable of fruiting or at least very close to it, how do you explain the hundred of cakes that produce amazing pin sets every day on these boards...

I understand that your exact words where not what I just stated but from what I have read from your posts you seem to indicate that your substrate can over colonize and form overlay. When really your substrate needs to colonize 100%... after its gets to 100% it can’t colonize any further because all of the substrate has been consumed, so what exactly would be left to overlay?

A substrate like you have in the first pic which is still uncased is a nutritional substance that you provide so that your spawn can completely colonize it. Once you have achieved 100% colonization of the substrate you then move on to applying the casing layer.

The casing layer is a non nutritional substance that is applied to a fully colonized substrate so that your substrate can partially colonize the casing layer. What this does is allow the mycelium network to extend into the casing layer which is capable of water retention so your substrate can pull moisture from the casing layer into the colonized substrate while also providing a high humidity microclimate to encourage pins.

All in all you can not overlay a substrate. A uncased bulk tray like you have in the first pic that is 100% colonized is basically just a big cake that is just made of up other things besides brown rice flower/verm/ and water. A casing layer isn’t even needed it’s just something to enhance your flushes and pin set. A casing layer however is the only thing that can overlay because of the fact that it has no nutrition to it.

If it colonizes to much your casing layer is just a mat so to speak of mycelium that mushrooms can’t really grow through. And at the same time that mat of myc won’t help produce mushrooms either because it’s a non nutritional substance.

Hopefully this helps a little.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8791382 - 08/18/08 02:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
I don't like to lock threads on command, but this has gone on long enough.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag