Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Alleged pot dealer back at school [CAPE TOWN]
    #8789924 - 08/18/08 08:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

link

A 17-year old Cape Town schoolboy, accused of openly selling marijuana to his fellow pupils, was set to return to school on Monday after an interim order by the Cape High Court.

The student, who may not be named, was recently expelled after a school disciplinary hearing found him guilty of using and dealing in the drug. After the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) upheld the school's ruling, the child's guardian ap-pealed the decision, which was dismissed by then education MEC Cameron Dugmore.

The guardian then turned to the Cape High Court to set aside the ruling of the school, the WCED and Dugmore. The matter will be heard only on September 5, but the pupil approached the High Court on Friday for an interim order which would allow him to return to school pending the outcome of the hearing.

Judge Rosheni Allie ordered that the pupil be allowed to return to his school, Fairbairn College in Goodwood.

Paddy Atwell, spokesperson for Western Cape Education MEC Yusuf Gabru, said on Monday that it was incorrect to suggest that the pupil had "won" his case against his school, the Department of Education and the MEC.

He said the judge had granted an interim order only and the main matter was yet to be heard.

The headmaster of Fairbairn College, Bernard Marchand, was not available for comment.

Evidence led at the youth's disciplinary hearing alleged that it was widely known among pupils at Fairbairn that they could buy dagga from the boy. The boy's defence argued that it was not a misdemeanour to supply dagga to his fellow learners free of charge and also that the school's rules did not prohibit such action.

According to court papers, the boy will ask at the High Court hearing that it set aside the school's finding that he had sold dagga and its recommendation to expel him, as well as the ruling by the minister and the head of the department to uphold the ruling.

Atwell confirmed a weekend report detailing the boy's objections to the school's judgment.

The boy alleges that he was discriminated against and did not enjoy the necessary protection at his disciplinary hearing.

He also objects to the procedure followed and the quality of the testimony relating to his alleged drug-dealing.

The Department of Education said it was concerned that if the boy was allowed to return to school, he would continue dealing in drugs.

But Judge Allie reportedly said that, if it was true that the boy was dealing in drugs, he would most probably continue doing so if sent to a new school.

Parties have until August 29 to file their submissions.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
Re: Alleged pot dealer back at school [CAPE TOWN] [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8789974 - 08/18/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

wait so was he selling dagga or weed?

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Alleged pot dealer back at school [CAPE TOWN] [Re: clover606]
    #8789983 - 08/18/08 09:00 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

What the fuck is 'dagga'. If that is supposed to be some slang term referring to marijuana, that's just awful.

No one says that. Ever. And if they did I would promptly make fun of them.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
Re: Alleged pot dealer back at school [CAPE TOWN] [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #8790033 - 08/18/08 09:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonotis_leonurus , wild dagga

I think thats what they mean anyway

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Alleged pot dealer back at school [CAPE TOWN] [Re: golden1]
    #8790067 - 08/18/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This article's from South Africa, where "dagga" is commonly used to refer to marijuana just like "pot" or "weed" is in the United States.

Edited by Yossarian22 (08/18/08 09:32 AM)

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
Re: Alleged pot dealer back at school [CAPE TOWN] [Re: Yossarian22]
    #8790095 - 08/18/08 09:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

but if he really is just selling dagga then whats the problem? its not pot despite what the obviously fucking retarded administration of his school thinks(dagga is bright red flowers, not green buds), and i didnt think dagga was illegal anywhere. if i were him id have already been like dude im not a pot dealer, look up what pot is.

edit: yossar are you saying that dagga means cannabis? if so, S. africans are retarrrrrded

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

Edited by clover606 (08/18/08 09:41 AM)

Offlinepeterluber

Re: Alleged pot dealer back at school [CAPE TOWN] [Re: clover606]
    #8790315 - 08/18/08 10:41 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You guys are being really stupid. Except Yossarian. Wild Dagga is called "Wild" Dagga because it's not real weed. Dagga is just an African word for it, I assume derived from a native language.

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
Re: Alleged pot dealer back at school [CAPE TOWN] [Re: peterluber]
    #8790401 - 08/18/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

sorry, I'm not african.
but thanks for the explanation

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds