Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblespacytracie
The Robber's Daughter
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
mexicana brown rice endevour from honey culture?
    #8789682 - 08/18/08 05:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hey there,I was wondering if anyone can point out any errors in my current growing idea. As I have only two multi spore syringes of psilocybe mexicana a,i have decided it may be best to make 5 or so sterile jars of honey-tek liquid culture to be inoculated with 1 of my multi-spore mexicana syringes and then get ready to inoculate as many jars of brown rice as I can from whatever honey success.This is what i have at hand. I don't have any agar or live cultures,Spacy

Edited by spacytracie (08/18/08 05:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: mexicana brown rice endevour [Re: spacytracie]
    #8789694 - 08/18/08 06:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldnt recomend for any beginner, as it can be frustrating to find that your LC has contaminated after knocking up a whole batch of jars. A contaminated LC can look almost the same as a healthy LC as contamination usually shows no colour (moulds do not sporolate in liquid cultures)

I would suggest doing only 1 LC, definatly make use of a glovebox and follow your tek precisly. And test it on 1 jar of substrate to make sure its good.

1 LC will easily expand 0.5 cc of spore solution into many syringes.

Remember to keep you syringe needle clean when carrying out inoculation precedures, using an alcohol wipe, then flame till red hot, you can use an alcohol wipe to cool the needle down and clean the lid of your jar with alchohol wipes to.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisiblespacytracie
The Robber's Daughter
Female User Gallery

Re: mexicana brown rice endevour [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8789727 - 08/18/08 06:33 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the advice! i will make a glove box. if I only do one honey jar what best should I do with the rest of the remaining spores from the syringe? do you think it is safe enough to simply replace the cap and use later on? I was planning on using the whole syringe on a number of jars to reduce contamination risk...

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8789749 - 08/18/08 06:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You can safely use just some of your syringe and store the rest for use later on. Or you can knock up some PF style jars along with doing your LC if you want.

Just flame the needle till red hot wipe with an alohol wipe then replace the needle cap and store until you want to use it again.

I usually only used 4cc's of a syringe at a time (as  my PC only held 4 half pints) and never had a syringe get contaminated.

When you make your LC make sure your that your inoculation point is near the edge of the lid so that you easily suck op the myc water by just tilting you jar (making sure that none of the water touches the lid)

With your glovebox, theres no need to lysol or bleach the crap out of it before putting your working materials in. Just clean it with soapy water. glovebox works on the principal of still air (any contaminants that might be there stay on the floor since there is no air currents) Another good reason not to lysol or bleach the hell out of your glove box is bleach and lysol fumes are flammable.

If it makes you feel better you can wipe the walls down with just a little bit of bleach ( i have never had the fumes from a tiny amount of bleach explode on me)

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

Invisiblespacytracie
The Robber's Daughter
Female User Gallery

#8789785 - 08/18/08 07:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Ok,now I have a much better idea of what to do now.Thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate :wink:

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8789959 - 08/18/08 08:55 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

#8789969 - 08/18/08 08:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

just to put this out there, dont "incubate" your jars in an incubator.. you DONT need a whole separate thing to keep them in the 80's.. room temp is just fine, and heating them up will not do much but help leach the moisture out of the substrate.. just throwing it out there..

Invisiblespacytracie
The Robber's Daughter
Female User Gallery

Re: mexicana brown rice endevour [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #8790220 - 08/18/08 10:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for mentioning not to incubate my spawning mexicana jars-it was what I was going to do!

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
    #8790263 - 08/18/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

it is imposible/near imposible to fruit mexixana-a pf syle correct ?

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures