Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Messed up life
    #8789534 - 08/18/08 05:40 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Alright I know you guys don't really feel like reading a lot so I'll shorten it as much as possible. My life right now is screwed up, I'm physically and mentally unhappy.My sleeping habit is, as of now, that I stay up all night and sleep in the morning. I'm out of shape but thanks to me being pretty young my fast metabolism makes it so I'm not too big. I had a job, and cursed my boss of and quit when she tried to make me work in a thunderstorm. I'd like to start working out and have tried too. The problem is every time I do something i fail. I cant do something for more than a week without quitting. I've never tried 100 percent at anything in my life. I do things just enough to pass (afraid to try, and be pathetic at it). I feel like so far I have accomplished nothing. Less than nothing, that I have negatively impacted the earth. So the most important question I can ask is how ON earth do I stick to doing something. Like working out, improving sleeping habits, improving eating habits, controlling anger. If i continue the way I am now school will be unbelievable rough. And later in my life when I get older me being a kid will pass, and I'll hit life HARD and I don't want to find out the hard way

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Messed up life [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8789549 - 08/18/08 05:54 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Get a list of goals down on paper and stick with them. Reward yourself when you complete a task as scheduled or a full day of activities. Start small; don't overwhelm yourself right off the bat. Once your routine is in the works, it will gain momentum. Give it some time and soon you'll be achieving your goals with ease and enjoyment. :smile:

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #8789646 - 08/18/08 07:22 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Setting goals is always good, making a plan of how to go about them is also good. Like Cameron said, start small, be reasonable. Maybe a day plan?

If you want to get up early, set your clock, do your best to get up when the clock rings, and never skip a day! That clock should ring every morning at the same time and you should force yourself to get up at that same time regardless of how little sleep youve had.
If you want to eat better, only buy good food. No sodas, avoid high sugar foods full of artificial (and even natural) flavoring, no fast food joints. If its not in your fridge and you can stop yourself from leaving the house, youll have no otption but to eat that good food that you bought. Be sure to scan the internet for some tasty ways to prepare those good foods in a simple and quick fashion.

As for the getting in shape part, you need to find an activity that you also enjoy. You dont want to be one of those people who force themselves into the gym, thinking they can keep forcin themselves into the gym. If youre not enjoying it then you wont stick with it. Try weightlifting and running, if you dont like them, then try other things. Try hiking, bike riding, surfing, rollerblading, rock climbing, swimming, join a team like soccer or football or basketball (or just find some people to do these with), martial arts, etc. There are tones of activities to get in shape, just pick what you like.

How do you make yourself stick to it...? Determination, really wanting to change. Nobody can make you but yourself. If you want it bad enough, you will find the path you have to follow, and youll do what ever you have to do to stay on that path. Its a lot harder than it sounds, I know, Im struggling with it myself.
But you have to atleast try.

Remember those two sentences you said:  "I've never tried 100 percent at anything in my life"
                                        "I have accomplished nothing"

You need to change those sentences to:  "I've tried 100 percent at something in my life"
                                        "I have accomplished something"

You might even want to write something motivation on a sticky paper and put it on your mirror in the bathroom or on your dresser so that you can see it every day. So that you can read it and remind yourself what youre trying to do.
Maybe your stickies should say:  "I will try 100 percent today"
                                "I will accomplish something"

And if you ever need more motivation speeches, the shroomery is always online. :sun:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #8789698 - 08/18/08 08:03 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

There's some good advice here. You should take notice. Good luck. :sun:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being