Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
Life Stability and Psychedelics
    #8788988 - 08/18/08 01:34 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

How much do you value stability in your life - socially, economically?

How do you feel your use of cannabis or psychedelics has added instability to these aspects of your life (or academic if a student)?

Which has had the most impact on your life: the cost of obtaining the substances, the legal risks involved, the social stigma, or the actual effects during and after?

I'm specifically looking for people who have something to risk (career, family, etc.) and whether psychedelics stay in your past or you find time for them in your current situation.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male User Gallery

Re: Life Stability and Psychedelics [Re: Compass]
    #8789356 - 08/18/08 03:55 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I value a certain amount of stability, but i also need excitement in my life.

Psychedelics have given me a more stable mind set, although i think its probably an unusual one compared with the rest society.

I can afford to buy them and don't use them regularly so economics is not a problem. Socially however it can be difficult. I have to hide my use from people close to me which makes me uncomfortable because i like to be honest. And i have to be very careful about talking about them to people outside my social circle. I hate to be thought of in terms of the stereotypical image society has of drug users.

I find that i think differently to most people because of the things i have experienced. This has good points in that i am able to develop my own individual way of thought and bad points because i find it hard to relate these ideas to other people.

Cannabis has given me a lot of good times in my life. I think it has given me stability because i have met a lot of friends through smoking it and it also helps keep us together because we share the same hobby.

I think i may have a unique brain chemistry because cannabis has had some negative effects on me mentally. I smoked it for years with no problem. I smoked it very regularly several times a day. Eventually i had a psychotic break and was hospitalized for five days. I have smoked cannabis since and it has had the same effect, where as psychedelics do not cause this problem. This makes me think that cannabis has a fairly unique effect on me in comparison to other drugs.

Funnily enough the psychotic episodes i have had have taught me a lot about myself and other people and i am now a more peaceful and open person. So in a strange way it has given me stability in that sense.

At this time i use LSD once or twice a month and sometimes i smoke cannabis, although i usually regret using cannabis later. I think my time with cannabis is over, i don't regret my time spent with it because i learned a lot but its time for me to move on.

I believe i am on the path to building a stable career. I have recently got a diploma with distinction, psychedelic drug use did not interfere with me achieving this at all. Although towards the end of one of my semesters i smoked cannabis and had another psychotic experience. This caused me to only be able to complete one of the subjects i needed to complete that semester. I recovered and completed the rest of the subjects next semester.

In summary i believe overall psychedelics have added stability to me life by helping me to work through some issues and showing me how beutiful life can be. Thanks to a unique brain chemistry my cannabis use reduced stability and i have had some very difficult times which in the end i have learned from.

Edited by DimensionX (08/18/08 04:16 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being