Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheMan420
ShroomDust
Male

Loc: Around the world
Whats your dosage level?
    #8788757 - 08/18/08 12:21 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

ok for awhile now Ive been asking myself how everyone else likes to trip, all my buddies and their friends seem to want to trip real or hard enough to get at least CEV. Me on the other hand likes to trip slightly and just get that feeling of the mushrooms taking ahold i can gain these trips though less than 1.5 grams dried. I believe this amount, to myself that is makes it easier for me to comprehend what is happening and i can take it all in rather than being completely blown away be the experience and at the end saying what the hell just happened.

To all the heroic dosers, i have taken these before(up to 8.4 grams dried) and i do like it, but it just makes more sense to me to do something i can 1)handle and 2) at the end feel good and make sense of what happened.

I'm getting some information from "Psilocybin mushroom" handbook by L.G. Nicholas and Kerry Ogame.

Dosage Level:
Low Dose: 5-10mg alkaloids about a one dried gram or so of cubes
this is the light dose the feeling of th e mushrooms can just be felt things may seem brighter and more vivid, visuals and audio hallucinations are not common with this dose. Effect last between 2-4hours with a come up between 30minutes(Ive notice my come ups are longer up to an hour and a half).
^this is the dose that i myself like taking.

Medium dose: 12-25mg about 2.5 dried grams of cubes
the mushrooms make there selves known and produce open eyed and closed eyed visuals. shapes and pattens appear to bend and senses are heightened.
^I'm not to fond of these simply because its almost a trip but at the same time not strong enough i get all the discomforts such as stomach cramps and panic with this dose.

High dose: 30-40mg roughly 5 grams
these are true mushroom induced trips that almost anything is possible at. OEV, CEV, and sounds come out. If you really like to trip and like to spend about 5-7 hours in a altered state of mind this dosage is for you, if you like to go deeper the Heroic dose is there

Heroic dose: 50+mg anything higher than 5 grams DRIED
These are for the more experienced mushroom tripper that like to go beyond time and space and spend 8-12 hours in a mind and body spin, The heroic dose is NOT recommend by many!
^* If its not a small dose, one gram or less its this. Simply because you feel everything CEV,OEV the warm body buzz of something pulsing though yourself. One can really experience what the mushrooms have to offer and its something truly amazing your body is not there but you know its in reality, you are just a spirit traveling among other spirits. After these trips its harder for me to establish who and what i am. it may take up to a couple of months to a year before i do shrooms again after one of these trips. The set and setting has to but optimal! i would rather trip outside in a camp site or in the woods where you would find very little people or none at all. And you can wonder around with the sense and feeling. Or in a dark room with a slight bit of music to guide your trip in the right direction.

So tell me what your dosage level(s) are and where and who you'd like to trip with and why?

I'm writing this on here to get a better view of how many people like to trip on what dose and why they take this dose.

--------------------
Find Your Mind

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: TheMan420]
    #8788765 - 08/18/08 12:24 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

I usually dose around 3.5-4.5g for shrooms. If it's been awhile I might get like a half O of shrooms and start out with maybe 2.5-3 to test the waters.

Although I've had incredible and profound experiences from shrooms, I still get anxiety from them probably more than anything else. I have a lot of respect for the mushroom and I recognize its potential to bring out "the fear" still pretty much every time I do it so I feel blessed when I've had a beautiful experience from them.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #8788850 - 08/18/08 12:57 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

I am currently taking heroic doses. I took a full 7 grams last time I did them. :thumbup:

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #8788934 - 08/18/08 01:19 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Drewwyann said:
I am currently taking heroic doses. I took a full 7 grams last time I did them. :thumbup:

I really dislike the process of shrooms, one of the reasons I prefer LSD nowadays. The most I've ever eaten was 4.5 and I struggled to get that all down sucessfully.

I already have been to known to have a weak stomach to begin with so eating shrooms is a tedious activity and sometimes it takes a while.

I have to grind the shrooms up to a powder, mix it with some type of food, which probably makes it take longer to kick in...

I'm sure one day I will experiment with a heroic dose. Haven't had shrooms in a few months though..

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #8788952 - 08/18/08 01:23 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

I've never experienced nausea from mushrooms :shrug:

And getting them down is easy if you don't psyche yourself out. They don't taste that bad really.

LSD just lasts so long I can't take it as much as I used to. The comedown is always to harsh for me as well. I always cry on the comedown.

I can fall asleep right after a mushroom trip though.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Edited by Drewwyann (08/18/08 01:26 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8788959 - 08/18/08 01:25 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

I'm on a shroom hiatus right now, but when I was dosing I was taking 3.5 - 4.5, on average.  However the strongest trip I've ever had in my life was on 2.75 grams of aborts. 

After my six month hiatus is over with, I'm slamming myself with a 5g dose and locking myself in a quiet dark room for the night.

Offlineabitavenger
3rd gear vtak
Male

Loc: east coast
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: MOTH]
    #8789532 - 08/18/08 05:38 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
I'm on a shroom hiatus right now, but when I was dosing I was taking 3.5 - 4.5, on average.  However the strongest trip I've ever had in my life was on 2.75 grams of aborts. 

After my six month hiatus is over with, I'm slamming myself with a 5g dose and locking myself in a quiet dark room for the night.

sounds fucking insane i might do that...

--------------------
Karma.

OfflinedeXtrous
OG
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: abitavenger]
    #8789546 - 08/18/08 05:52 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

3.5g made to a tea sets me up great.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: deXtrous]
    #8789650 - 08/18/08 07:25 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

2.5g dried subs...enough to trip balls, not so much that I forget everything.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: polantis]
    #8789896 - 08/18/08 10:29 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

I dont have a scale, and have only dosed on shrooms around 8 times.....

I made a lame balance beam scale the first time, and used to nickels to try and get 10g wet........ I dont think it was very accurate.

Since then, I just eat a small handfull :smile:

The last time, I had 5 smallish closed cap kinda beefy fresh ones....... yikes, everything was moving colors everywhere, CEVs as soon as eyes closed, trees waving and laughing,supposed telepathic communication with trees and animals,  aztec like patterns all over the ground, surging energetic/pleasurable feelings.

I liked it a lot. :tongue2:

As for other things I have tried, I usually prefer a moderate dose, Get definatly altered, but not so much that the visual/external trip overpowers the mental/internal aspects.

Offlinelosfreddy
Composter
Male User Gallery

#8789949 - 08/18/08 10:51 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

??? huh?  my friends and i usually do around 30-35 grams wet cubes for a good trip.  Body high, visuals for hours.  :cool:

--------------------
Quit reading my mind!

Edited by losfreddy (08/18/08 10:52 AM)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: losfreddy]
    #8789976 - 08/18/08 10:58 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:
??? huh?  my friends and i usually do around 30-35 grams wet cubes for a good trip.  Body high, visuals.  :cool:

I am starting to realize I am a lightwieght >.<

Took awhile to figure it out, Always kinda thought the people I was tripping with were experiencing it just as intensly, but they just had more control over it....

Then more recently I spoke up and asked questions about their trips....... yerp..... I am a psychedelic weenie >.<

I havent tried 3.5grams shrooms yet( that I am aware of) but with acid, cacti, even weed....... By the dose everyone else I know is "feeling good"... I am in outerspace. So, Since then, I have instead of aiming where everyone else is aiming(dose wise) I aim for doses that get ME where I want to go.

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: Shad0w]
    #8790017 - 08/18/08 11:10 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

I used to only really do 5-7 gram trips but over time have decreased the dosage to 2-3.5. maybe i've sensitized to them cause last time i tried to do the 5 grams dose again on dried cambodians and it was just crazy and weird in a schizo way not a psychedelic way like a time a while ago when i took 4 grams dried with syrian rue. not pleasant. guess i'm sticking with 2-3.5! works for me.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #8790273 - 08/18/08 12:30 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

My normal dose is 3.5 - I've only gone to 4 so far. I've been playing with doses lately to see what affects I get from different doses. I recently took 2 grams last week to see where that put me... it was alright. It's not worth it to me though to take less than 3.5 - unless I have a specific purpose, like goin to a concert or somethin.

but yeah, to me it's kind of a waste if I eat less than 3.5 - just not the effects I'm goin for. My next dose I'm probably going to push 4-4.5g and see where that takes me, and then from there maybe 5. We'll see how it goes.

--------------------
(______(________________((()=~=~=~
SIG-ARETTE

I SUPPORT NEUROSOUP

“Do not let your material possessions be who you are.”

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: Platinum]
    #8790366 - 08/18/08 12:51 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

3-5 grams, 20 minutes after rue tea.

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: Mr.Al]
    #8790427 - 08/18/08 01:05 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

i get exactly what you mean..... with the high dose trips its all in your face real truth..... even when u dont want to see the truth its there.... staring you in the face.

With low doses i feel more in control of where my thoughts go...

lately ive been only taking low doses.... around 1-2 grams each time of very potent indoor cubes....

its all you really need to stay enlightened..

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: RedRainDrop]
    #8790469 - 08/18/08 01:11 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

7 grams.... half in lemon juice... half plain

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: danlennon3]
    #8790493 - 08/18/08 01:15 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:
7 grams.... half in lemon juice... half plain

hmmm that's really interesting. never thought to do half lemon juice half plain. Can you delve a bit further into this? Does it just kick in fast and intense, but last a long time too? How does it differ from all lemon juice or all plain?

--------------------
(______(________________((()=~=~=~
SIG-ARETTE

I SUPPORT NEUROSOUP

“Do not let your material possessions be who you are.”

Offlinesilly_sigh_ben
no longer here
 User Gallery

Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: Platinum]
    #8790627 - 08/18/08 01:40 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

I never measured doses prior to the internet, where I learned that people actually took measured doses.  I used to just pick a handful or two and eat them.  I haven't tripped in 3.5 years, but when I was dosing I was pretty much doing it the same old way and didn't bother measuring.  Finally one day I decided to measure my typical dose and it came out to about 70 grams wet.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Whats your dosage level? [Re: silly_sigh_ben]
    #8790640 - 08/18/08 01:43 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

I like intuitive dosing.  Eating the shrooms until you think you've had enough.  :thumbup:  My most amazing trips have been dosed that way.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience