Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: pure o2 fruiting chamber [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8787696 - 08/17/08 06:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Most of my work was just delivering liquid oxygen or servicing the concentrators we rented out.

Me too.  That was one of my jobs back in the day when I needed to change my name and move out of town fast to stay ahead of the LEOs.  I delivered liquid O2 to hospitals and nursing homes, and repaired concentrators.  Small world.

On topic, this is at least the tenth time this exact thread has been started this year.  The results are all available at the top of the page in the 'search posts' function.

We've had many members in the past use liquid, bottled, and concentrator supplied O2 to mushrooms with no effect. Mushrooms don't thrive on pure O2 any more than humans do.  Plain, fresh air is what mushroom mycelium needs to be happy and fruit prolifically.

Perhaps the best use for your concentrator is to keep it by your bed for those mornings you wake up with a bad hangover from tequila or budweiser.  A tall glass of water followed by fifteen minutes @ 4 liters will flat out cure a hangover. To this day, I keep the O2 bottle from my welding rig near my bed if I'm planning a major drinking night.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineabitavenger
3rd gear vtak
Male

Loc: east coast
Re: pure o2 fruiting chamber [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8787773 - 08/17/08 06:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

cool idea RR:thumbup:

--------------------
Karma.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: pure o2 fruiting chamber [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8788386 - 08/17/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I just dont see the need to control your air.

for one,  shrooms grow in the wild.

so why the hell do you need o2 machines..etc

kna mean?

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: pure o2 fruiting chamber [Re: djblackout]
    #8788531 - 08/17/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I think the deal is that with weed plants you control everything about their environment and increasing the CO2 gas from small concentrations of 380 ppm or .00038% of atmospheric air is a different scenario than with 02 entirely. Frankly most animals are only adjusted to consume so much oxygen and anymore will poison them. This is why oxygen is only to be administered to patients that are having trouble getting oxygen to their body ie respiratory problems, a risk of shock, hangover.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract