Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Gypsum, Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineiamsmooth
Stranger
Q for Canadians: anyone know where to find LECA/Expanded Clay Pellets/Clay granulate locally?
    #8788033 - 08/17/08 09:32 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I've searched at Canadian Tire, Golden Acres, Walmart, Home Hardware, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Is it inevitable that I'd need to order this online?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: Q for Canadians: anyone know where to find LECA/Expanded Clay Pellets/Clay granulate locally? [Re: iamsmooth]
    #8788330 - 08/17/08 10:39 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

What city?

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Offlinecanadian123
Stranger
Re: Q for Canadians: anyone know where to find LECA/Expanded Clay Pellets/Clay granulate locally? [Re: Peterthinks]
    #8788526 - 08/17/08 11:17 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

look up hydroponics in the yellowpages that should help its a popular growing medium avail at any hydroponics store.

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Q for Canadians: anyone know where to find LECA/Expanded Clay Pellets/Clay granulate locally? [Re: canadian123]
    #8788575 - 08/17/08 11:30 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Calcium sulfate? I'm not sure if thats what you are referring to in the products you mentioned above but if its gypsum you're looking for there is a product available at Canadian tire, I believe it is called CIL something rather and it is powdered drywall that you just add water to, to create the base.

Its powder right out of the package, works great. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblerugergirl79
lεṡвïαṉ εχτɾøḋïṉ^
 User Gallery

Loc: cardboard box
Re: Q for Canadians: anyone know where to find LECA/Expanded Clay Pellets/Clay granulate locally? [Re: HybridprX]
    #8788620 - 08/17/08 11:42 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

actually i think he is looking for something to help with the Humidity in his fruiting chamber............try THIS>>>>CLICK ME

--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson

Worked for these guys as well!

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Q for Canadians: anyone know where to find LECA/Expanded Clay Pellets/Clay granulate locally? [Re: rugergirl79]
    #8788637 - 08/17/08 11:49 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

as always I'm gona have to agree with rugergirl79, clay pelits will probibly desolve into your water if your using them like that unless they come glazed and that would make them expensive.

Otherwise WTF are you using them for man I'd never heard of anyone using them and I think I'm familiar with (having read not having done) near every grow method there is.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Invisiblerugergirl79
lεṡвïαṉ εχτɾøḋïṉ^
 User Gallery

Loc: cardboard box
Re: Q for Canadians: anyone know where to find LECA/Expanded Clay Pellets/Clay granulate locally? [Re: iamsmooth]
    #8788706 - 08/18/08 12:06 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

here is an example of the clay graduals that i think the op is interested in.
....leca is more of a round shape, but is very common over in Europe as alternative to pearlite in a fruiting chamber.  thanks for having my back on that scavengertype!!:hug:

--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson

Worked for these guys as well!

Edited by rugergirl79 (08/18/08 01:47 AM)

Offlineiamsmooth
Stranger
Re: Q for Canadians: anyone know where to find LECA/Expanded Clay Pellets/Clay granulate locally? [Re: rugergirl79]
    #8788898 - 08/18/08 01:10 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah rugergirl is right. I'm trying to play with the humidity, thought this could be a better alternative than perilite.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #8789314 - 08/18/08 03:37 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

to be frank perlite is much better. I could see clay as a substitute for Hydrotron but perlite has much better water retention/evaporation qualities.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (08/18/08 03:37 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Gypsum, Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation