Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next >
OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
Re: My death anxiety [Re: White Beard]
    #16799728 - 09/06/12 04:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

White Beard said:
Quote:

Mr.Al said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
YOU!

just kidding. :lol:

Spoiled rich kids who never mow lawn.  They have soft hands and weak Character.  They also turn to communism sense entitlement.

Hey, I mow the lawn sometimes. :smile:

Yes, lawn mowing literal and also metaphor for Forbearance.

Have you seen spoiled rich kids wax philosophical about communism, very disturbing behavior, they do not even know what money is.  They never earned, they get so weak.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: My death anxiety [Re: Vore]
    #16799735 - 09/06/12 04:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Nop. You said the Fu Kong big Wong religion practitioners should all die, and all religious fundamentalists along with them

Actually, I think all humans should die, but dead religious people is a good start. Here's why:

I meant Singapore, mi bad. Singapore is a cultural melting pot of religions but their objection to weed isn't religious

In fact, it's based in religion as are most prohibition laws around the world. It started when the United States called for the Hague Convention to push the world toward criminalizing drugs and then followed up by the United States with the Harrison Tax Act to ensure that the United States was setting the example for the world to follow. Later Richard Nixon instituted the War on Drugs in which it held international aid to developing nations hostage unless other countries agreed to follow our hypocrisy, and in some cases these nations were required to take affirmative steps to stamp out even deeply-held, religious, and cultural use of drugs through, for example, coca defoliation programs in Columbia and elsewhere (because US religion trumps "their" religion).

Now, let's look at the religious demographics of the US: 65% of the US population ranks religion as "important in daily life" and almost half literally believe that god created the human species ex nihilo sometimes between 3,000 and 10,000 years ago. Nearly half believe the Earth is less than 10,000 years old.

Considering all this, two things seem pretty clear:

1. The US is a highly religious society.
2. The US has shoved it's moral religious convictions about drugs not only up its own citizens ass, but also up the rest of the world's ass via economic coercion and arm twisting in the United Nations, and it has been doing this for about 100 years.

Drug prohibition worldwide is primarily a consequence of religion. If if it were not (which it is) it would still be a consequence of the type of non-thinking religion teaches and fosters. Illegal natural weeds that grow all by themselves out of the dirt is a classic example of this non-thinking.

QED

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Re: My death anxiety [Re: Diploid]
    #16799809 - 09/06/12 04:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Prove that religion represents God.

Saying psychobabble like "all humans.....etc." is not a good way of making new friends.

Why so dark in perspective?

Edited by Mr.Al (09/06/12 04:55 PM)

InvisibleVore

#16799823 - 09/06/12 04:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If you're going to make a case that religion spearheads the war on drugs, I wouldn't start with Richard Nixon. :crazy2:

InvisibleVore

#16799956 - 09/06/12 05:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, I just saw an anti-drug commercial from the Scientologists. That one surprises me, not gonna lie.

InvisibleAbsolute

Loc: Amish Paradise
    #16799997 - 09/06/12 05:28 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Nop. You said the Fu Kong big Wong religion practitioners should all die, and all religious fundamentalists along with them

Actually, I think all humans should die, but dead religious people is a good start. Here's why:

I meant Singapore, mi bad. Singapore is a cultural melting pot of religions but their objection to weed isn't religious

In fact, it's based in religion as are most prohibition laws around the world. It started when the United States called for the Hague Convention to push the world toward criminalizing drugs and then followed up by the United States with the Harrison Tax Act to ensure that the United States was setting the example for the world to follow. Later Richard Nixon instituted the War on Drugs in which it held international aid to developing nations hostage unless other countries agreed to follow our hypocrisy, and in some cases these nations were required to take affirmative steps to stamp out even deeply-held, religious, and cultural use of drugs through, for example, coca defoliation programs in Columbia and elsewhere (because US religion trumps "their" religion).

Now, let's look at the religious demographics of the US: 65% of the US population ranks religion as "important in daily life" and almost half literally believe that god created the human species ex nihilo sometimes between 3,000 and 10,000 years ago. Nearly half believe the Earth is less than 10,000 years old.

Considering all this, two things seem pretty clear:

1. The US is a highly religious society.
2. The US has shoved it's moral religious convictions about drugs not only up its own citizens ass, but also up the rest of the world's ass via economic coercion and arm twisting in the United Nations, and it has been doing this for about 100 years.

Drug prohibition worldwide is primarily a consequence of religion. If if it were not (which it is) it would still be a consequence of the type of non-thinking religion teaches and fosters. Illegal natural weeds that grow all by themselves out of the dirt is a classic example of this non-thinking.

QED

That is some lame ass argument. The Hague Convention, Harrison Tax Act and the nixon war on drugs were not religiously motivated. Most drug laws have been racially motivated. Nixon was motivated by all our troops in Vietnam getting addicted to heroin. Linky

I think you need to buy a television.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #16800013 - 09/06/12 05:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If you're going to make a case that religion spearheads the war on drugs, I wouldn't start with Richard Nixon.

Nixon got his mandate from the people. The people are overwhelmingly religious.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Re: My death anxiety [Re: Absolute]
    #16800014 - 09/06/12 05:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Also that d-bag William Randolph Hurst.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My death anxiety [Re: Absolute]
    #16800024 - 09/06/12 05:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Most drug laws have been racially motivated.

Cannabis prohibition was racially motivated because we didn't like them Mixicinz getting reefer madness and raping our women folk.

The rest was legislated religion. And today even cannabis prohibition is no longer racial, it's religiously motivated.

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

#16800028 - 09/06/12 05:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
If you're going to make a case that religion spearheads the war on drugs, I wouldn't start with Richard Nixon.

communists are atheists and they murder people.  Are they your friends?  Do they support your lifestyle?

Those peaceful types you strangely seem to hate do not hate the potzors.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: My death anxiety [Re: Mr.Al]
    #16800032 - 09/06/12 05:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

religious people also murder people. :crazy2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Re: My death anxiety [Re: Icelander]
    #16800048 - 09/06/12 05:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
religious people also murder people. :crazy2:

But the people they claim to represent did not.

Religion as misrepresentation.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My death anxiety [Re: Icelander]
    #16800145 - 09/06/12 05:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

religious people also murder people

Did you know that George Bush started the Iraq War because got told him to?

Woohoo! Go religion!

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleAbsolute

Loc: Amish Paradise
    #16800148 - 09/06/12 05:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:

Bad logic.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
    #16800151 - 09/06/12 05:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I would also be afraid of not being, if it existed.

This is the only reason I'm not: it doesn't exist. THIS is the not being, if there is anything.

Although it is obvious to me, having undone much of my conditioning, it would be a "somehow" situation to you, that there is only an eternal consciousness, everything else is illusion, play or plain superfluous.

It doesn't instantly make sense, but all it requires is a still mind. Of course, the thinking mind can just say, "no, I will die anyway" or "I will experience pain anyway" but this misses the point; it is greater than the mind or any of its notions. Maharshi said "mind is consciousness taking on limitations". Truth! Your consciousness is unlimited.

You're not ticking down to anywhere, there is nowhere to go. You're already dead, finished.

This is the only reason I don't have death anxiety, right now, as I type this (and not necessarily when I let my mind stray and go make some coffee) - I am the Totality. I don't assume it, I experience it.

:justdontknow:

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Re: My death anxiety [Re: circastes]
    #16800170 - 09/06/12 05:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ego say much, who defines the words?

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

! [Re: circastes]
    #16800176 - 09/06/12 06:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This is also the only reason I try to work backwards from this knowledge to understand why perfectly beautiful and innocent children get killed. Why disease, horrible things? I could argue they are a minority, but it seems most of us suffer... So what the fuck? I probably can't work backwards. But what insists, what persists? This eternal state. It absolutely dissolves everything, there might as well be nothing there.

You could burn me alive and I wouldn't scream in horror or totally freak out, or maybe I would! The point is, it literally, experentially wouldn't be happening to me.

I have no fears here. None at all. There is no me.

I'm not bragging, I just think you should see it if you're worried constantly about something.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: ! [Re: circastes]
    #16800185 - 09/06/12 06:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Mr. Al I think you're a bit like me when I was unwell bro. You seem like a bit of an extremist. Take a break and go see a doctor. :sun:

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #16800201 - 09/06/12 06:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup::lol:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

#16800208 - 09/06/12 06:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Hey Mr. Al I think you're a bit like me when I was unwell bro. You seem like a bit of an extremist. Take a break and go see a doctor. :sun:

No doctor, only green herb.  How do you know?  Egos project much, you do have Compassion however.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies