Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemrboston
Stranger

New here. Out of date on steps.
    #8787741 - 08/17/08 08:21 PM (10 years, 9 hours ago)

Hello.
MrBoston here. The board looks great! I wish they had somthing like this 10+yrs ago when I ordered my first homestead kit for an aquarium! Wow how things have changed! I didnt see a section to intoduce my self so I hope this isnt out of line. It is nice to meet each and everyone of you. I would be more than happy to help with any ?s anyone has. I am a carpenter and would be more than happy to help with building anything that stikes your imagination (chambers/transfer boxes/ect.). Now to the point...

QUESTIONS I HAVE......
I have done compost with homestead and PF tek both a long time ago with great sucess but the end result was not as much as I had hoped. I want to fruit once a year but have enough caps to last for awhile.
1. Im REALLY out of date on the steps. I want to try grain and will read all the reports you guys/gals have here but want to see what I remember. Is this close to right....please forgive spelling-terminolgy!

a.Inoculate the grain and let the mycelium culture completely.

b.Layer the fruiting chamber with vermiculite, then grain mixed with a 50/50mix and let mycelium take over. (wait till pins appear like PF in the grain or let them appear on mix in the chamber or not at all?)

c.Case with a 50/50 mix and induce fruiting with proper enviroment of course.

d.Let first flush finish then remoisten and wait for 2nd flush ect.

If this sounds somewhat right LMK. I was confused about a few of the steps and dont remember doing them the 10+yrs ago I did this.
1.I wasnt sure if I lay the grain on the vermiculite them save X amount(like a 3rd of the grain) to mix with the 50/50 mix and put it on top of the grain already laid on the vermiculite in one step?
2.Also I wasnt sure if I cased the last step with just 50/50 of choice or yet agian mixed more saved cultered grain to mix with the final step of 50/50 casing? The "Bulk Neglect Report" on here wasnt very clear and I was looking on here for a post with just the steps outlined then I could fine tune off of that.
*Sorry for the long post but im really EXCITED to be doing this again. Its been a long time scence I could play with this and when I found this board I almost had a heart attack when I looked at all the info and came across your message board with such knowledable helping people.
Thank you to any and all who reply!
MrBoston.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: New here. Out of date on steps. [Re: mrboston]
    #8787819 - 08/17/08 08:43 PM (10 years, 8 hours ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery Sir!

Look at the top left corner of your screen, under the Shroomery logo there are the words "Mushroom Info" inside that there is a drop down list and the sub heading "Grow Mushrooms"

Everything you need to know about current grow knowledge is in there, If you have further questions feel free to ask. If there is more than one way to do what you want just pick whatever method is easiest for you or whichever one uses the materials that are easiest for you to find.

You may wish to save yourself some pain and get a pressure cooker right away, It really makes things easier and cheaper.

Good luck and good grows to you Sir!

:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Offlinepontus
traveler
 User Gallery

Re: New here. Out of date on steps. [Re: Peterthinks]
    #8789216 - 08/18/08 02:52 AM (10 years, 2 hours ago)

Good to have a carpenter on board! I found that some of the material in the "Grow Mushroom" section is outdated. Look on this website by the moderator Roger Rabbit.
http://www.mushroomvideos.com/
Great videos and other info. Some of the steps you describe do not sound good to me (step b). But I am sure it will all come back to you, once you are updated.

--------------------
"People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan

OfflineThe shroomy 1S
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
    #8789291 - 08/18/08 03:25 AM (10 years, 1 hour ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery!  Take your time, read the forums, use the Search Post function, and all your answers will be answered.  I too remember my first experience with the Homestead kit.  Things have come a long way since that.  I recommend buying the "Let's grow Mushrooms" DVD.  Has helped me tremendously.  If not, take a look at this video and it might help refreshen your memory a bit.
  Still, The DVD is sooo much better.

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Offlinesomestupidnewbie
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8789656 - 08/18/08 07:28 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

read up on the monotub.  IMHO the way to go if you want to fruit once a year and have mushrooms all year long.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6194327#6194327

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation