Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Question about colonized rye bag
    #8787329 - 08/17/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I know I've read this somewhere before, but my question is, once a bag of rye grain is fully colonized, will putting it in the fridge stall growth or trigger it to pin inside the bag?

I have a knuckle dragging buddy who needs me to setup his shop, but it seems as though his bags will be finished up 4-5 days before I get back into town - and it'd be a damn shame to see that much grain pin inside of the bag.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Re: Question about colonized rye bag [Re: c1dh3d]
    #8787415 - 08/17/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I believe that it should slow growth, since pinning is triggered by a slight drop in temp, along with increased air circulation, full colonization of substrate, and to a small extent, light. Since you will be cooling the substrate to well below pinning temps, it should just slow it down. But I'm not experienced at this, hopefully one of the experts can better answer this :mushroomgrow:

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Question about colonized rye bag [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #8787438 - 08/17/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I know I've used it to store colonized jars for well over a month, just wasn't sure if this would be true for bags (as I see mushrooms pinning a lot more in bags than I do jars). Spose I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate