Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Make your own drugs!
    #8786667 - 08/17/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Im making up some drugs for my game, heres what I have so far, try to come up with your own, I need me some ideas.

Items:

Curatio Gauisus (Curatio = Healing, Gauisus = Happy)  CTG – Extracted from a native plant, causes the user to experience urges to dance, as the user dances he or she or it will go through a genetic/physical regeneration which regenerates any damaged organs or tissue. Also CTX replenishes the brain with fresh chemicals causing the user to not require sleep while remaining healthy and for a short while the user will have enhanced mental abilities. Brain cell loss is high with this drug due to the increased body temperature, if H2O levels are high in the body while taking this drug, brain damage is lowered.

Torqueo Fungus (Torqueo = Distort)  TQF – Causes user to hallucinate intensely for several minutes, 50% chance of increasing certain attributes in the user, but if the user feels negative effects and or takes too much he or she may collapse in a hypnotic trace for several minutes while losing the ability to control his or her self, other players may rob you of your immediate possessions during this time; also, if user bad trips, brain cells are lost and must be regenerated as soon as possible or the user’s abilities will be hampered. The potential for brain cell loss is moderate with this drug, and liver damage may occur in high doses.

Cocaocius (Ocius = Faster) CCO – Insufflated through the nostrils, this white powder causes the user to expeirnence a state of mental stimulation, increases stamina, accuracy, and mental alertness. This drug is quite addictive and when the drug is out of the users system there is a withdrawl stage where the users abilities will be lowered for several minutes. This drug is good for intense fights that will not last long. It will take more and more of this drug to reach the same effects so it is advisable to not use this drug often, and only when needed. If tolerance is built up in the body it is suggested to cease usage for a day or two and tolerance will be back to normal and less CCO will be required.  Brain cell loss is rated low for this drug if used in moderation.

Cannaequus (Equus – Calm) CES – This drug is used to regulate heart rate and numb pain, much like the Cannabis plant found on earth, this drug causes the user to experience states of tranquility, numbing pain, and slowing heart rate, this is essential for when the user is either high on heart rate increasing drugs like Cocaocius, although heart rate increases can be beneficial, when injured this can cause the user to bleed due to adranline increase. When the user is bleeding this drug will allow the body to slow down the heart rate, this will allow for quicker regeneration. This drug will cause no brain damage, but will increase hunger.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #8786684 - 08/17/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

whats this for?

a game? care to elaborate?

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: igwna]
    #8786705 - 08/17/08 12:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I made a thread about it yesterday, it should be in the next page of threads, its going to be the very first mIRC based online rpg.https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8783959/an/0/page/1

--------------------

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #8786735 - 08/17/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

thats cool i cant wait to see the final product :thumbup:

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

Loc: Through The Looking Glass
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: igwna]
    #8786747 - 08/17/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i would so fucking play this game!

--------------------
“Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself. Think for yourself. Question authority.”
- Dr. Timothy Leary

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8786759 - 08/17/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I might've missed something, but is there a reason you're making up drugs for the game, rather than using ones that already exist?  Seems like that'd be less confusing.

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8786772 - 08/17/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well it takes place on a new planet, much like earth, but slightly different, and no drugs were brought from earth during the transition obviously, so new ones were discovered on this planet, but there slightly different. Also if the game does catch on, noone can say its about real drugs, its all fictional.

--------------------

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery

Loc: california!
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8786775 - 08/17/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i always wished some one would come up with a sober pill that makes you sober when your high or drunk.

--------------------
omg really?

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: impgl]
    #8786792 - 08/17/08 01:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I just made the drug for you:

Caffesane (sane = sober) CFS – This drug is synthesized from the bark of a very rare tree found in the north, it is much like a stimulant known as caffeine from earth, but its has only mild stimulant properties. The reason this drug is so useful is it causes the user to piss out most toxins and unnatural chemicals in the body, in a sense it is an instant detox chemical. Caffesane is made into a tea and slowly ingested; the effects are almost instantaneous and within a few seconds all drugs are removed from the system.

--------------------

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery

Loc: california!
    #8786802 - 08/17/08 01:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

wooooo! take me away to your virtual planet!

--------------------
omg really?

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
    #8786813 - 08/17/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

these all seem to be used on yourself. what about something to be used on an opponent.

something with:
a small positive effect so it could be used on yourself
maybe you become easily influenced by suggestion
and is a strong hallucinogen so if somebody suggests you are surrounded by something you would really see it.

--------------------

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #8786814 - 08/17/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hi Harry Potter!  :beetlejuice:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8786817 - 08/17/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LuNaTiX said:
well it takes place on a new planet, much like earth, but slightly different, and no drugs were brought from earth during the transition obviously

That sounds like some poor planning by the settlers! How did they expect to get high? :crazy2:

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: CosmicFool]
    #8786830 - 08/17/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

interesting idea, so basicly people around you can trip you out

I could make it so that the game picks up on certain key words and iincorperates it into the trippy effects.

oh yeah im going to be looking for a bit of help in the graphic department, I can do the programming but as you can see from the pic below, I lack in the animation part, so if someone is to help me by making some tiles and various images, all credit for your work will be given, and also, some in game benifets will be given out too (perhaps the first ownership of the cities will be given to those who help out)

keep in mind that the graphics can be changed very easly, and have potential to be way more dazzling then what you see above.

Edited by LuNaTiX (08/17/08 02:13 PM)

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: RuNE]
    #8786841 - 08/17/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

haah your image has been saved, it will become a monster to fight in the forest.

and yeah, they didnt plan ahead much, but most passengers were carefully selected, im sure they tried to keep the druggy out of the program, but lets say a few slipped in and colonized the planet with the rest.

Maybe as an expansion pack people will be able to travel back to earth, now intergalatic drug trade is where its at!

--------------------

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

Loc: Dead luck hubris
    #8787077 - 08/17/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds cool as shit,  I'll try to pull something out of my ass for ya...

Drug: Olvassiere
Category: Mind Reading

The original discovery was said to have been from a mining exploration of rich minerals hundreds of feet below the planet's surface.
A mining laborer, allegedly breathed in dust fumes from a small patch of vibrant yellow stone when striking minerals from a cavern wall with his pick-ax.
He became irrational and frantic and claimed he could hear and see the thoughts of the other laborers around him.
Everyone simply thought he had been driven to madness from endless toiling as he was carried off.
Arther Olvassiere, the project manager and entrepreneur, discretely took a small sample of the yellow stone to later be examined.

Arther's Father, being a powerful political figure and quite intrigued by the claims of this discovery, established an exclusive team of scientists to further investigate the discovery and the dissection of the mineral, with his son.
It came to be known as PM316 (Project Mining-Geographical Zone 316).
Over the months, the team of scientists came to realize this was unlike any other substance they've ever examined.
They found that the stone was inert and had no affects... until you broke its structure and released its fumes.
It was found, in its fume form, to have strange neurological affects on the mind, one that would give the user a heightened sense of awareness, said, inconclusively, to enable one to hear the thoughts and see the memories of those in a close vicinity of you.

The division of Order, similar to the CIA on earth, a government agency, realized its potency and thus deemed all information classified and stagnated the research of the  stone , they ordered Arther to discontinue any and all efforts and motives or otherwise be vanquished.
Many years later, through a leak in intelligence, it came to be known that PM316 never rested, and that military and Division of Order officials were utilizing the  substance known as 'Olvassiere', as a spying strategy to divulge crucial knowledge from enemy power.

It is known throughout the realm that this substance, though rare, is evident below the planet's crust, and would give the user great advantage over his enemies.

--------------------

Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: mozartvicious]
    #8787208 - 08/17/08 03:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I think I can do that, problem is how can you know whats on a game characters mind... im thinking I could use this drug to gather information about the enemies stats, like health, brain cells, mental energy, weaknesses and such, would that do?

--------------------

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

#8787254 - 08/17/08 03:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, whatever works, I'm glad you posted this cuz I've been drinking all day and had absolutely nothing to do :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make your own drugs! [Re: mozartvicious]
    #8787276 - 08/17/08 03:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

haha very creative, and I copied down all the story behind the drug, I'll have an archive in the game for extensive drug information, and that will be in it.

But I plan on making the very first release once I get some of the map based programming done, once the game and load up maps from files, then I'll make a small release, just to give everyone a taste. It wont be much, but its enough to keep interest in the game. And perhaps someone will take my code and make it even better in their own little way, the client side of the game is going to be open source of course, but ill keep the server side a secret. But for now all I have is the client side of the game.

I found a command with mirc that will help with trippy color distortion effects, I'm going to take all the colors one at a time and get the game to switch them to their opposite colors based on the RGB structure. its in its early stages but Id like to get that operational to show a bit of trippyness in the first release.

But keep the drugs comming I like your creativity.

--------------------

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

#8787290 - 08/17/08 03:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I used to play ROM2.4 Muds, Midgard stuff, I helped with standard C coding before and wrote some shit for a text-based RPG before... you'd be surprised what you can code.

Your game is a Mud right?  Going on Mudconnect.com?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order