Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Rye to Poo then Case???
    #8786846 - 08/17/08 03:40 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

New grower here and although Ive read a lot of different teks, it doesnt seem absolutely clear whether one needs to case the situation where you grow rye in grow bags, then transfer the rye to colonize pasteurized hpoo and then whether or not one needs to case it after that or will the shrooms just appear out of the hpoo?

If casing is necessary, does one do it at the same time that one mixes the rye grain with the hpoo or do you wait until the grain and hpoo colonize and then case it after the its all white on top?  I would most likely case with 50/50 verm/pmoss.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
"The universe is endless, limitless and infinite.  Any effort to define it's boundaries is an attempt to overcome ignorance.  We are physical, mental and spiritual beings ... there is no beginning and there is no end.  There is only memory.  Our repeated loss of memory experiences create the illusion of beginnings and ends.  Immortality is the ability to retain full memory through all consciousness transformations.  Loss of memory is man's greatest curse and, in very real terms, death."

-- Ancient Taoist Master

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye to Poo then Case??? [Re: KauaiOrca]
    #8786921 - 08/17/08 03:56 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Casing is optional with manure, coir, compost and straw substrates, but a well maintained casing layer will generally improve results.

The 'old' way was to apply the casing layer right after spawning colonized grains to manure.  Now, it's generally preferred to wait until the substrate has colonized before adding the casing.  However, either way will work.

Personally, I prefer to fruit manure substrates uncased with a layer of wax paper over the top to maintain humidity right at the surface where primordia form.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
Re: Rye to Poo then Case??? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8786957 - 08/17/08 04:05 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Now, do you put the wax paper on JUST when initiating fruiting? Or through out the entire colonization process?

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: Rye to Poo then Case??? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8786966 - 08/17/08 04:08 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks RR - Very helpful.

--------------------
"The universe is endless, limitless and infinite.  Any effort to define it's boundaries is an attempt to overcome ignorance.  We are physical, mental and spiritual beings ... there is no beginning and there is no end.  There is only memory.  Our repeated loss of memory experiences create the illusion of beginnings and ends.  Immortality is the ability to retain full memory through all consciousness transformations.  Loss of memory is man's greatest curse and, in very real terms, death."

-- Ancient Taoist Master

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation