Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world
    #8781593 - 08/16/08 09:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

this is some VERY interesting information...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAtticusProphet
just a tool
Male

Loc: within you and without yo...
Re: Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world [Re: Simisu]
    #8781611 - 08/16/08 10:03 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

saw that forever ago.
still pretty interesting

--------------------
There's just one small problem...

...and it's a big one!

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #8781619 - 08/16/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

sweet, i've been looking for this vid every since I saw it. thanks for posting.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world [Re: adamj]
    #8781989 - 08/16/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i wish he had more time for that presentation... i wouldn't mind watching a two hour lecture.

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #8784855 - 08/17/08 12:24 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

WOW that was one of THE MOST fascinating things I've ever seen in my life. Thanks a lot for posting that simisu. :super:

Somethings I want to adress...

I saw this guy on the controversial movie "The llth hour", did you by chance remember seeing him on that movie?(that is, if you've even seen the movie)

I am amazed that humans are more closely related to mushrooms than any other kingdom of organisms :awesome:

He said "the prospect of fungi existing on other planets is a forgone conclusion, at least in my mind"...Why would he say this after displaying and explaining all kinds of benefits the earth as a whole gains from fungi? If fungi are so great and exist/come into being, relatively easy, wouldn't it be plausible to say that perhaps fungi probably DO exist on other planets?

around minute 14 is insane!! a mushroom growing out of an ants head! :omgawesome:

again thanks for sharing man that was really insightful...Mushrooms are great, this has inspired me to trip on some of my stored dried psi cyanescens very very soon!

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #8784867 - 08/17/08 12:27 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Simisu said:
i wish he had more time for that presentation... i wouldn't mind watching a two hour lecture.

:werd: man....Hey do you know of any other really fascinating videos from this website ted.com? I assume you maybe frequent that site and are savvy towards it...at elast I'm hoping :shrug:....

But WOW that was one of THE MOST fascinating things I've ever seen in my life. Thanks a lot for posting that simisu. :super:

Somethings I want to adress...

I saw this guy on the controversial movie "The llth hour", did you by chance remember seeing him on that movie?(that is, if you've even seen the movie)

I am amazed that humans are more closely related to mushrooms than any other kingdom of organisms

He said "the prospect of fungi existing on other planets is a forgone conclusion, at least in my mind"...Why would he say this after displaying and explaining all kinds of benefits the earth as a whole gains from fungi? If fungi are so great and exist/come into being, relatively easy, wouldn't it be plausible to say that perhaps fungi probably DO exist on other planets?

around minute 14 is insane!! a mushroom growing out of an ants head!

again thanks for sharing man that was really insightful...Mushrooms are great, this has inspired me to trip on some of my stored dried psi cyanescens very very soon!

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #8785251 - 08/17/08 02:56 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hoopershroomer said:

:werd: man....Hey do you know of any other really fascinating videos from this website ted.com? I assume you maybe frequent that site and are savvy towards it...at elast I'm hoping :shrug:....

well... i've been watching loads of these talks in the past three weeks (since i came across the website) and most of them (90%) are amazing, each in his own right.

it depends what your interests are...
just watch whatever takes yr fancy and i'm sure you won't be disappointed :shurg:

it made me really want to get up and make things happen in my own little world, it really is inspiring in the full sense of the word!

--------------------

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #8785272 - 08/17/08 03:08 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hoopershroomer said:
Quote:

Simisu said:

Terrance McKenna says that mushroom spores are perfect for deep-space travel.  The fact that spores are so small they can be carried into the upper atmosphere and sloughed off into deep space and they are deep purple with a coat that is super hard makes them perfect to resist the UV rays and extreme temps and conditions of space.

I like to think that mushrooms are an organism from another planet, if not purely scientific, just for the intrigue of it.

Portobellos are delicious too.  :chew:

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale