Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Coolmist humidifiers and the like
    #8783081 - 08/16/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm at the point where I am making a fc that as Ive stated before 36gallons in size and I plan on spawning about 5lbs (dry) of straw which takes up about 31 quarts.
Ive been looking at options read many things seen that actually everyone either uses a coolmist, ultrasonic, or perlite somehow how someone and there is no real favor for any choice besides personal bias. *take breath*
So at first I'm like ok I got these air pumps combine them with a dept of perlite and bubble wand, walla, PMP!
RR tells me that air pumps are for idiots
Psuper tells me my perlite is too shallow (3inches I got)

So i said shit let me try it anyway, no betta teacher than experience right?
I try my setup after a day of initial setup the perlite dries out, I almost lose hope then a light goes off in my head... Add more water! Added enough to get some bubbles from the bendable wand I have (very nice unpluggable) and we're back in business.
Now I cant say how well I'm doing cause everyone says you cant trust a cheap/digital hygrometer. it says 99% but is it? I don't know I gotta by a nice hygrometer I guess.... no other way to tell right?

So then I'm like ok how about I use standing water with an ultrasonic piece and the bubble wand for fae BUT if my measurements are correct a 60gallon aquarium pump puts out about 1 gallon a minute. I've read that the amount of mist ultrasonic equipment produces can be over kill plus I really want to hit 4 FAE/hour. So id atleast have to buy a better air pump.
More money? Then it just hit me, just get one coolmist. I could use it on 2 tubs according to some recent comments (and i have 2 tubs so).
I actually *borrowed* a Holmes coolmist the other day and guess what. its not really a coolmist its a wick. i searched for some more coolmist and they are obviously wick style humidifiers. now thats bs why can they call them coolmist when they are wick. I'm not sure anymore why I posted this...I think I needed to vent.
I think the basis of my frustration is the fact my local vendors have decided for me that since its summertime I don't need a humidifier so the majority of them aren't not currently selling them which means id have to order one... i don't know, target.com has the Vick's coolmist that I am familiar with and KNOW its a real impeller humidifier for 20 bucks so I'm going to order that and sell these air pumps and what not on ebay I guess. Thank you for listening...

ps there are even vicks coolmist humidifiers that are obviously wick/evaporation.

--------------------
:three:

Edited by camplo (08/16/08 05:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Coolmist humidifiers and the like [Re: camplo]
    #8783629 - 08/16/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Vick's V-400..... nearly any pharmacy should have one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules