Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #8796197 - 08/19/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Albino_Jesus said:
Hey it's not just wild speculation.

Mainstream politicians got where they are because they are fucking cheaters and liars. plain and simple.

It would be OUT OF CHARACTER if he DIDN'T Listen to the questions on the radio.

There was no reason for John McCain to cheat on a forum discussion to a religious conservative Orange County, Ca audience, he was preaching to the choir.

I would like to see both candidates speak at a liberal forum in a liberal city or county, just to make things fair, but I doubt that will happen:shrug:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Edited by Chemy (08/19/08 02:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #8796257 - 08/19/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Albino_Jesus said:
No, seriously. Look up the histories of any members of congress.

You made the claim, now back it up. I don't need to do your fact checking for you.

Quote:

they all take money from the same corporate lobbies.

Receiving money from lobbies doesn't indicate that someone is a liar or a cheat.

Quote:

Democrats and Republicans alike vote in favor of bills that strip our rights away while giving favors to powerful business that don't need them.

Once again, this doesn't make anyone a liar or a cheat. It makes them a shitty politician.

Quote:

The only real exception to this that I know about is Dennis Kucinich.

The only reason he didn't receive huge contributions from lobbies was that he was never a serious contender to win the nomination. I'm sure he wouldn't have minded having a funded, viable campaign.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Redstorm]
    #8796341 - 08/19/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

Albino_Jesus said:
No, seriously. Look up the histories of any members of congress.

You made the claim, now back it up. I don't need to do your fact checking for you.

I think this statement should be turned around at you, actually. Either you care enough to research the topic or you don't. There are literally thousands of webpages at your fingertips containing information on this. If you care to research the topic you will, and if not you won't. Up to you.

Quote:

they all take money from the same corporate lobbies.

Receiving money from lobbies doesn't indicate that someone is a liar or a cheat.

It makes them liars because their whole reason for getting elected is that they claim they are going to look out for our interests. This makes it plain they are looking out for their own campaigns no matter how dirty the money is.

Quote:

Democrats and Republicans alike vote in favor of bills that strip our rights away while giving favors to powerful business that don't need them.

Once again, this doesn't make anyone a liar or a cheat. It makes them a shitty politician.

It makes them both. They area liars because they promise to stand up for us and protect our rights, then they flush them down the toilet for bits of green paper.

Quote:

The only real exception to this that I know about is Dennis Kucinich.

The only reason he didn't receive huge contributions from lobbies was that he was never a serious contender to win the nomination. I'm sure he wouldn't have minded having a funded, viable campaign.

I think it would be very informative if you read up on the life and career of Dennis Kucinich. There was an assassination attempt on him years ago when he was a mayor, because of his strict refusal to give in to the pressures of big business and compromise the will of the people. He has been a good public servant for many years. And while he isn't perfect, he is the only Democrat I know of who I would find to be worthy of the presidency.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8796481 - 08/19/08 02:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I think this statement should be turned around at you, actually. Either you care enough to research the topic or you don't. There are literally thousands of webpages at your fingertips containing information on this. If you care to research the topic you will, and if not you won't. Up to you.

Since you're clearly not familiar with the act of debating. I'll walk you through this. When you make a claim, you are expected to back it up. If you don't back it up, it is nothing but opinion and has no place in a debate.

I hope that helps and I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for the substantiation.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: Redstorm]
    #8796535 - 08/19/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the patronizing and very presumptuous attempt to "educate" me, but did you consider the possibility that  I'm not here to debate you? Cause that's the truth. I'm not. If you care about an issue then you will research it. I am not here to win a debate, I like to get people to think about things, but I have more important, real things to do than win an internet "debate" with some online egomaniac. like organize more protests. Take your competitive instincts and desire to prove the size of your intellectual dick elsewhere. Thanks.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Edited by Albino_Jesus (08/19/08 02:57 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #8796594 - 08/19/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Spewing insubstantial bullshit with no evidence does nothing to get people to "think about things" other than your sophomoric level of discourse.  General practitioners of the Politics forum here (even those with the audacity to disagree with moi) are so far beyond your level of understanding as to be essentially a different species.  Even annapurna has more substance than you.

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8796617 - 08/19/08 03:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Sure but your claims are unsubstantiated too :wink:

But, if you what you want is to win debates then feel free to claim victory. With 39,000 and 10,000 posts each you both must have a large emotional investment in such activities. However, If you really care about the issues, I would recommend you get out of the house and talk to real people in person. It has much more impact.

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8796736 - 08/19/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Albino_Jesus said:
Sure but your claims are unsubstantiated too :wink:

"insubstantial" does not equal "unsubstantiated".  I tend to be a rather devoted linker.  You?  Not so much.
Quote:

But, if you what you want is to win debates then feel free to claim victory. With 39,000 and 10,000 posts each you both must have a large emotional investment in such activities.

I care for the little children, which is why I devote so much time to teaching.  What can I say, I'm a giver.
Quote:

However, If you really care about the issues, I would recommend you get out of the house and talk to real people in person. It has much more impact.

Real life outside of college dormitories does not afford much time for debate or teaching.  Trust me on this.  Most of the people you meet don't give a shit and there is no opportunity to actually present evidence.  Not that that matters to you.  And I can reach a much wider audience here.  Literally dozens of people read my wisdom here.  On the street?  None.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8796770 - 08/19/08 03:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well he's right about Redstorm having a big Ego.:smirk:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8796787 - 08/19/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

Mine's bigger.  But for good reason since I am zappa's gift to shroomerykind.  Have I mentioned I have a huge cock and that women want to have me and men want to be me?

--------------------

Edited by zappaisgod (08/19/08 03:37 PM)

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #8796840 - 08/19/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

no one's in your league...:grin:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8797491 - 08/19/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

You say that as if there's something wrong with it.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8797526 - 08/19/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Redstorm has good reason to have a big ego.  He's almost as :awesome: as me

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #8797881 - 08/19/08 07:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Albino_Jesus said:
Hey it's not just wild speculation.

Mainstream politicians got where they are because they are fucking cheaters and liars. plain and simple.

It would be OUT OF CHARACTER if he DIDN'T Listen to the questions on the radio.

Oh, okay. There's no proof that he listened to it, so it just has to be true that he did because he's a politician. :rofl2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8798645 - 08/19/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So do you think McCain would do/say anything he could in order to become president? I mean (IMHO) becoming president is nothing more than a popularity contest for people with huge egos.

:ohwell:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Anyone here going to be watching the Saddleback church forum today? [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #8799502 - 08/20/08 03:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Are you replying to me?

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom