Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejomoyo069
Stranger
A couple terranium questions
    #8777945 - 08/15/08 02:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

OK. i have been looking around at terranium for my first cake grow.. i notice that some have drip shields to make sure the water doesnt get on the cakes.. is this necessary. or do i just have to spray and make sure the water doesnt get on the cakes..

this is what  i am thinkin about a setup. i was going to get a large Tupperware that can hold around 10 cakes with a top and just spray water in there.. let me know what i have to do to make this possible..

lastly what does  it mean to fan out a terranium?  how many times is it neccesary to spray daily?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: A couple terranium questions [Re: jomoyo069]
    #8778071 - 08/15/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

most people don't because it's a non- issue particularly with perlite humidified terrariums. My advice is to look into other fruiting chamber setups posted here on this sight.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Offlinejomoyo069
Stranger
Re: A couple terranium questions [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8778342 - 08/15/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

holy shit this site has tons of amazing information!!

looks like growing shrooms is gonna be easier than growing bud..

im gonna go with this "poor mans pod".. not because of the cheap part, but it looks to me to be a very decent setup.. Poor mans pod

Offlinephaseflux
Stranger than most

#8778934 - 08/15/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jomoyo069 said:

im gonna go with this "poor mans pod".. not because of the cheap part, but it looks to me to be a very decent setup.. Poor mans pod

From my perspective, it's not easier than growing bud. I've used to do that a long time ago, and I would have to say that mushrooms are a bit more finicky and there seems to be  more room to mess things up. Bud just pretty much grows itself compared to mushrooms. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by phaseflux (08/15/08 06:50 PM)

Offlinejomoyo069
Stranger
Re: A couple terranium questions [Re: phaseflux]
    #8778950 - 08/15/08 06:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

phaseflux said:
Quote:

jomoyo069 said:

From my perspective, it's not easier than growing bud. I've used to do that a long time ago, and I would have to say that mushrooms are a bit more finicky and there seems to be  more room to mess things up. Bud just pretty much grows itself compared to mushrooms. But that's just my opinion.

shrooms would be easier for me due to my space problem, wouldnt have to drop lots of cash on lights, nutes.. also from what ive read shrooms are ready to be harvested and dryed in about half the time

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #8779018 - 08/15/08 07:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jomoyo069 said:

welcome... you'll find a lot of ideas, dont let all the info
overwhelm you, you'll see a lot of things that can be adapted to
your particular circumstance and feel free to use your own ideas
and let us know how things turn out for you.

Quote:

in my opinion... it is but that's because I'm lazy and let them grow themselves

Offlinejomoyo069
Stranger
Re: A couple terranium questions [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8779025 - 08/15/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

thanks man.. what method do you think i should start with? pf tek or something else?

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#8779198 - 08/15/08 07:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

from what I've heard bud takes 3 months and mush (from grains to dried) 2 months. However both of those times could be shortened by proper micromanagement. I suspect though that mushrooms does come ahead in this aspect but I have no experience with bud.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
Conquer's Club

Offlinechobumms
Pokemon Master
Male User Gallery

#8779282 - 08/15/08 08:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

believe it or not, if you drill some holes on the sides of your terrarium at a little higher than substrate level and near the top of the sides and stuff with polyfill, you can avoid fanning and only mist every few days when the humidity drops. I only use this method with casings though.

--------------------
[/url]
My "Faster Germination For Popcorn Substrate" TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8428361#8428361

Offlinephaseflux
Stranger than most

#8779742 - 08/15/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Also you should Look into the shotgun FC. I was skeptical about it, and made some holes on only two sides of my first FC, but I ran into almost 100 percent aborts. I made a shotgun FC yesterday and I already see new pins growing, and they look a lot healthier.

Before with my first FC I was always worried about rushing home to fan it, that was pretty stressful, because I'd be out a lot of the time working etc. Now I feel pretty stress free and seeing improvement in my cakes in the span of one day. I should have done it like that from the beginning, but oh well, we learn from our mistakes.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: A couple terranium questions [Re: phaseflux]
    #8779775 - 08/15/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yea I never shotgunned I only used a "Poor Man's Pod" setup for cakes. But absolutely any setup beats one where you have to fan. I figure if you have to fan you have a bad setup.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract