Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

WTF happened to america?
    #8778995 - 08/15/08 07:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Everyday now I hear people bitching about guns and gun control.  Have they forgotten why the second amendment is in place?  Why our country was able to form in the first place?  Do they think that if they outlaw handguns or assault rifles that criminals cant get them anyway? It is absurd.

seatbelt laws since when is it anyones business whether I protect my life in my car?  they have roadside checks for this now and whats scary is that the majority think this is a good move on the law makers part because it "saves lives".  It's none of your business.

parents are more protective over there children than ever they arent allowed to play outside without supervision there are phones that track kids via gps so there parents can know exactly where they are.

They are thinking of monitoring all highways in Illinois IDK about anywhere else with cameras.

The patriot act which most Americans have no problem with :sad: Is everyone an idiot does no one see the long term repercussions that this will have?

everyone is on either antidepressants or benzos.

corrupt politicians.

media that outright lies and correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all news channels and papers are controlled by two companies.

and finally drug laws.

WTF happened to liberty?  This country has completely lost all touch with it's roots.  Everyone feels the need to control others it is no different than a dictatorship.  If people are passing laws like these it is just a dictatorship ruled by many.

sorry I had to rant to someone because this shit has just been pissing me off for a while.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:
Dude how can you say such a thing. Ive literally read exact words about killing Americans within the Koran.......[/quote]
[quote]night_owl said::facepalm:[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewatchoutnow
mind'sonrecord/itsbeingviewed
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: 7734591202]
    #8779024 - 08/15/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah you just gotta find the goodness in the shit and like what you got.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"My views ain't changed to live humane wait" -Eminem
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
"From that what, knowledge of self - determination!" -Blackstar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since I got braces shit gets stuck in my teeth.
Make me *** bitch!

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8779059 - 08/15/08 07:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

People have short memories and tend to have knee jerk reactions.
The bullshit always gets burned away in the fires though, along with most of the good people trying to fight back.
Lets just hope for a fire sometime.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
    #8779140 - 08/15/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The zeitgeist if fucked. Of that there is no doubt.

What you have to realize, though, is that we've been striving towards this dystopia for hundreds of years. This country's "roots" are not something to be revered. Those roots blueprinted our current state.

You cannot change this. I've found that fighting will only lead to more personal strife. Live your own life if you can. Accept the problems without letting them destroy you.
:rebelride:

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: watchoutnow]
    #8779238 - 08/15/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

guess thats all I can do.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:
Dude how can you say such a thing. Ive literally read exact words about killing Americans within the Koran.......[/quote]

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
    #8779273 - 08/15/08 08:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The economy is falling apart, we're engaged in an illegal war which is killing innocent people and has destroyed our credibility as a nation, and the average level of education and intelligence in this country plummets by the day...

:shrug:

Fuck It

:chugbeer:

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8779407 - 08/15/08 08:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I agree but if i can sit around get high and talk with my friends, kick back and have a good ole time, the zeitgeist isnt all that bad.  I know its there, but we have a lot more rights than about all the countries in the world except for 16.  Im glad im not getting raped and pillaged in darfur.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #8779503 - 08/15/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with the rest of your post but
Quote:

seatbelt laws since when is it anyones business whether I protect my life in my car?  they have roadside checks for this now and whats scary is that the majority think this is a good move on the law makers part because it "saves lives".  It's none of your business.

No, it's not my business if you wear a seatbelt or not. But it is the business of your friends and family. The seatbelt laws were brought in because people were causing untold suffering by taking unnecessary risks. If everyone was able to make responsible decisions then we wouldn't need the laws. But sadly, they aren't.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: zouden]
    #8779521 - 08/15/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Should hard drugs be prohibited too because the pain addiction can cause to family members of the addicted?

Anything that hurts no one but the one committing the act should not be punishable by law.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8779569 - 08/15/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Agreed. But being killed in a car accident hurts more than just yourself. Leaving 4 kids without a father just because someone couldn't be bothered putting his seatbelt on is the sort of scenario a modern society should avoid.

--------------------

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8779604 - 08/15/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Alright Stalin I wore my seatbelt before the law was made so it does not effect me but I can still see why it's bullshit.

If you cant I don't know what to say except grow some testicles and mind your own business.  If you think that the gov should be regulating things like this then you are a major part of the problem with this country.

Hell if I want to kill myself it is none of your business get off of your high horse buddy.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8779625 - 08/15/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Look, all I'm saying is that it's still your right to not wear a seatbelt. But it makes you a selfish asshole, and in the 1970s the people decided that they'd had enough of selfish assholes and so they started fining people who didn't wear seatbelts. It's a reminder that other people care about you.

--------------------

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8779626 - 08/15/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

this is just a prime example of hippies being fascists in tie die trying to force "utopia" on every one else.

p.s. does not apply to all hippies just most.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

Invisible513orangejuice
Female

#8779661 - 08/15/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

if anyone wanted to save lives, they would outlaw alcohol and cigerettes since thier up thier with the top reasons for americans dieing, along with sacrificing thier lives for the noble and patriotic cause of monopolizing on the worlds energy sources, and legalize weed since recent testing has suggested that thc actully helps to break down cancer, see, the thing is, ya, it saves lives but more importantly it gives them a great easy common reason to pull just about anybody over , thus, a great remedy for social control among the masses. Besides, if you die, whos ganna fuel thier retched economy and trip over roadside bombs for enron? Ya, uncle sam WUVS US BUNCHES N BUNCHES N BUNCHES N,...

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

America is a rapist.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #8779666 - 08/15/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
I agree with the rest of your post but
Quote:

No, it's not my business if you wear a seatbelt or not. But it is the business of your friends and family. The seatbelt laws were brought in because people were causing untold suffering by taking unnecessary risks. If everyone was able to make responsible decisions then we wouldn't need the laws. But sadly, they aren't.

who says that the seatbelt laws truly make any difference, for that matter, speed limits? there was actually a study done to prove that speed limits play almost no role in how fast or slow a person is going to drive, when it comes down to it, they will drive at the speed they feel safe, which is normally around the speed limits signs that were put up. however you will have several assholes (mainly teenagers) who feel they have something to prove by breaking the law and being a bad ass, this of course would fade if there were no laws.

bottom line is the more restrictions you put on things the more of a risk you create by drawing that line in the sand for another to cross. "rules were meant to be broken".

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: 513orangejuice]
    #8779669 - 08/15/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

513orangejuice said:
Quote:

if anyone wanted to save lives, they would outlaw alcohol and cigerettes since thier up thier with the top reasons for americans dieing, along with sacrificing thier lives for the noble and patriotic cause of monopolizing on the worlds energy sources, and legalize weed since recent testing has suggested that thc actully helps to break down cancer, see, the thing is, ya, it saves lives but more importantly it gives them a great easy common reason to pull just about anybody over , thus, a great remedy for social control among the masses. Besides, if you die, whos ganna fuel thier retched economy and trip over roadside bombs for enron? Ya, uncle sam WUVS US BUNCHES N BUNCHES N BUNCHES N,...

And cars.

And tylenol.

And bacon.

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: MiddleFinger]
    #8779795 - 08/15/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

America: Land of the Safe, Home of the Scared.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8779820 - 08/15/08 10:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

7734591202 said:
Everyday now I hear people bitching about guns and gun control.  Have they forgotten why the second amendment is in place?  Why our country was able to form in the first place?  Do they think that if they outlaw handguns or assault rifles that criminals cant get them anyway? It is absurd.

parents are more protective over there children than ever they arent allowed to play outside without supervision there are phones that track kids via gps so there parents can know exactly where they are.

They are thinking of monitoring all highways in Illinois IDK about anywhere else with cameras.

The patriot act which most Americans have no problem with :sad: Is everyone an idiot does no one see the long term repercussions that this will have?

everyone is on either antidepressants or benzos.

corrupt politicians.

media that outright lies and correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all news channels and papers are controlled by two companies.

and finally drug laws.

WTF happened to liberty?  This country has completely lost all touch with it's roots.  Everyone feels the need to control others it is no different than a dictatorship.  If people are passing laws like these it is just a dictatorship ruled by many.

sorry I had to rant to someone because this shit has just been pissing me off for a while.

ya dood all of that shit blows
but somehow we manage to party it up and take copious amounts of illegal dr00gz
so it doesnt really affect us THAT much
just try to ignore it

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #8779826 - 08/15/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:

cars are equipped with Supplemental Restraint Systems, air
bags, many have them in the doors in addition to the dash,
most seatbelt laws do not apply to rear seat passengers over
12, some even 'exempt them'. statistics show that 63% of
fatalities were people not wearing seatbelts, that isnt that
much more than 50%. your odds dont seem that much better.

in fact a study of accidents has shown that in many accidents
seatbelts would have made no difference at all, given that
seatbelts are designed to restrain you from being thrown forward
they're of no use in accidents involving rear end collisions
and impact from the side and can in fact cause more injury in
the latter

wouldnt it be more feasible to promote safe driving or possibly
to have the manufacturer install a governor that prevents
vehicles from traveling over a specific speed, at that point
compliance is mandatory, there is no 'cops issuing tickets'
unless someone does something to disable the governor

since we're so concerned with saving lives and 'oh, but think
of the children' why dont the school busses in the US have
seatbelts installed?

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8779840 - 08/15/08 10:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well essentially it's all about revenue to the government but it's the retard civilians that let this shit fly that piss me off we are allowing this to happen to America under the guise of safety when in reality they are all for profit or to take more of our rights away.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

Offlinewatchoutnow
 User Gallery

#8779842 - 08/15/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

no i thought I would say I didn't like him knocking the seatbelt laws but that ignorance boils up the problem that this nation has got drugs all up in a fix with.. I'd rather have the morons die and have more freedom then babying me my whole life... Their daughters will grow to be extremely grounded or unstable but hey we got air bags now too.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
Make me *** bitch!

Edited by watchoutnow (08/15/08 10:33 PM)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#8779843 - 08/15/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

It's not about friends and family.  Seatbelt laws do fall under the mandate of ensuring personal accountability and preventing harm of others when you consider that in certain traffic accident situations, an impact could throw you out of position of being in control of your vehicle, thus making your vehicle a threat to others, unless you're strapped in properly - by your seatbelt.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #8779857 - 08/15/08 10:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, everytime they pull over someone for not wearing their seatbelt, they get to fine them, and possibly bust them for somthing else. They are a buisness using laws in the name of protecting you, while they take your freedoms and making money. Buisness is good.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Viveka]
    #8779865 - 08/15/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

semantics, and an extremely unlikely argument may I add I cant even think of a situation in which I would be thrown from my car yet my car would continue to move at a speed and distance sufficient to be a threat to anyone that would not have been in danger if my seatbelt were on.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

Offlinewatchoutnow
 User Gallery

#8779873 - 08/15/08 10:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Is this appropriate for this thread???

I think so...

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
Make me *** bitch!

OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Loc: PNW
    #8779890 - 08/15/08 10:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I think this is also sort of appropriate for this thread:

WTF?

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #8779897 - 08/15/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yep. The world is fucked, no changing this.
The best we can do is embrace what we are given when we cannot change it, and continue to do what we do till we can no longer do it. :shrug:

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinewatchoutnow
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Nihlus]
    #8779902 - 08/15/08 10:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

wth

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
Make me *** bitch!

Offlinewatchoutnow
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Nihlus]
    #8779911 - 08/15/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the news crew laughs at the fact they couldnt let us see the answer... Fuck that dyke bitch(rice)... and fuck. So be it... I'm eat good food and think its bad after awhile.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
Make me *** bitch!

Edited by watchoutnow (08/15/08 10:48 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8779939 - 08/15/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

7734591202 said:
well essentially it's all about revenue to the government

cant fine the little school children, under 12 and not
restrained, there's untold billions in that, because none have
seat belts they're parents could be paying the $20/day for years

unrestrained children are free to move about the bus while it's
in motion, they're free to stand in their seats, hang out
windows and even distract the driver from effectively doing his
job, that's getting my kids home safe.

4 dead, 14 inhured.... more than half the people on the bus
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331335,00.html

4 dead, 30 injured
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15816872/

fatal accidents involving shcool busses
http://www.ncsbs.org/crash_reports_2004/crashreports2004.htm

it's about keeping money in the pockets of insurance companies,
cash in the coffers of the state and fucking you if you're ever
in an accident, the insurance doesnt have pay off if you're
violating the law and you're injured.... it's always about money

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8779943 - 08/15/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#8779965 - 08/15/08 11:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, you can't think of a situation...must not exist then?  Real solid argument.

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8779970 - 08/15/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

okay treat a whole nation like babies because a improbable event might happen one day.

real solid argument.:thumbdown:

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8780005 - 08/15/08 11:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Viveka said:
personal accountability

insurance

Quote:

and preventing harm of others when you consider that in certain traffic accident situations, an impact could throw you out of position of being in control of your vehicle

in most accidents another vehicle throws you out of control of
yours and places you in the position of being a threat to
others, does a seatbelt help you maintain control when you're
rear ended by a driver at 20mph?, nope... that would be your
foot. I dont know many people that can control in instant change
in direction with or without a seatbelt

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8780043 - 08/15/08 11:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
statistics show that 63% of
fatalities were people not wearing seatbelts, that isnt that
much more than 50%. your odds dont seem that much better.

Actually, I hate to nitpick, but I'm a math major and that's a misuse of statistics...
The odds aren't much better if we assume that the distribution of drivers wearing seatbelts and those that don't are 50/50.  Then its only slightly riskier to not wear a seatbelt with the percentage of deaths being 63% not wearing a seatbelt.
Most people I see on the road are wearing a belt.  Lets assume its just 4 out of 5 though.
Then, for an even distribution, the fatalities should be 80% wearing, 20% not wearing.
But since its 63%, you can see that the mortality rate for drivers not wearing a seatbelt is many times higher than it should be.

Its like saying, for example, that 50% of all drug overdoses are because of heroin, and the other half are for cocaine.  Just as an example, assuming 90% of hard drug users use cocaine, and only 10% use heroin, heroin is misrepresented many times over for mortalities.

All that being said- I was always told its better to wear a seatbelt because you have more chance of maintaining or regaining control of the car if you are in an accident, thereby lowering your chance of killing someone else.

That being said, I still think its bullshit the government tickets people for not wearing seatbelts.  Its just an excuse to pull someone over and make them give you their money.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Edited by DragonChaser (08/15/08 11:17 PM)

Offlinewatchoutnow
 User Gallery

#8780054 - 08/15/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the only crash ive been in that wasnt my accident left me feeling unharmed cuz I slammed my brakes and avoided as best as possible... If one were to hit me fatally I'd just have to say its fate and I'd see where I go next.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
Make me *** bitch!

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Loc: Monaghan, Ireland
    #8780124 - 08/15/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

We've been subverted?

Russian tactics...

Now view the Russian 12 y/o girl video in another thread....

Tactics...

--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Tri High]
    #8780203 - 08/15/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Pet peeves about the current state of society

1. kids with cell phones
2. emphasis of the individual (this is a very me me me society)
3. the acceptance of bullshit - an absence of critical, individual thought (lack of courage)
4. capitalism is an inherently ugly system which pits people against one another in search of material "success"
5. the prevalence of greed, alienation, indifference, ignorance
6. the emphasis placed on obedience and conformity rather than individual expression and freedom

just off the top of my head :shrug:

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8780214 - 08/15/08 11:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

#2 and #6 are contradicting...

Do you know how to think?

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8780218 - 08/15/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My pet peeves:
1. Greedy phone companies
2. Commercial TV
3. Dumbing-down of society and promotion of sport/celebrity over thoughtful discussion
4. Loud music in pubs

--------------------

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

#8780219 - 08/15/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tri High said:

hmmm, perhaps i should've included anonymous hostility? fagget :yesnod:

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8780238 - 08/15/08 11:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blkjkrabbit said:
Pet peeves about the current state of society

2. emphasis of the individual (this is a very me me me society)

6. the emphasis placed on obedience and conformity rather than individual expression and freedom

Quote:

Tri High said:

It's possible to be an individual without being selfish.

--------------------

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

#8780255 - 08/15/08 11:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well , about #4. If you don't like the loud music, GTFO. But personally, I hate loud club music too, so I understand where you're coming from. But I liken it to the laws now governing smoking cigarettes in bars. Its a BAR, for chrissakes.

--------------------

deCypher said:

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8780256 - 08/15/08 11:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

took the words right out of my mouth.

In any society you will see that people favor conformity.  People find safety in groups and will either fear you if you are different or feel inadequate when you are around.

thats just the way it works.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

#8780267 - 08/16/08 12:01 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blkjkrabbit said:
Quote:

Tri High said:

hmmm, perhaps i should've included anonymous hostility? fagget :yesnod:

:badidea:  :ban: :stopflaming: :ass2mouth:    :banbanban:  :happybday:

--------------------

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

#8780273 - 08/16/08 12:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Please. I didn't really approve of the "faggot" namecalling until now.

--------------------

deCypher said:

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8780277 - 08/16/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

don't take shit so personally man its all in good fun here on teh int3rw3bz :acslater:

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #8780282 - 08/16/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ima Trooper said:
Well , about #4. If you don't like the loud music, GTFO. But personally, I hate loud club music too, so I understand where you're coming from. But I liken it to the laws now governing smoking cigarettes in bars. Its a BAR, for chrissakes.

Yeah, if I want to listen to music I go to clubs (which I do regularly) but I'd like to go to the pub once in a while to have some drinks and chat with my mates, but if it's too noisy to talk, there's nothing to do but stand around and drink, which gets boring after a while.
I feel like an old man now :frown:

--------------------

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

#8780289 - 08/16/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I know.

It's just that I got a 3 day ban for calling someone a fag for saying that they wear bandanas here in the pub. 

Fair is fair.  And if not, then there's some fucked up politics at work here at the shroomery, and that's not a good thing, imo.

I didn't take it personally, I was the same way upon coming to the pub.  I learned the hard way, though, and fellow's lesson shouldn't be any different.

Pris#1 - Do your thing, player.

--------------------

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

#8780308 - 08/16/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, look at you ordering around Prisoner #1. Tell it like it is, homie.

--------------------

deCypher said:

Offlinewatchoutnow
 User Gallery

#8780578 - 08/16/08 01:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

1. thought process
2. awareness
3. i dont like the meth usage
4. my own restrictions, but i could compare them without one and possibly regret it I can't predict the future.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
Make me *** bitch!

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #8780830 - 08/16/08 02:55 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

people with higher paying positions that dont know how to stfu

self image-ed

child custody agencys

insurance

drivin at high speeds in the middle of public/drunk/pill/ drivin 

drug(s) that are overshadowed by culture rather then statistics

and snitches/robbers

Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Konyap]
    #8781782 - 08/16/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My dad thinks a lot of it is because of the increasing role of women in government and society-- the rise of concern, worry, and the coddle.  But that's him.

It really comes down to population and infrastructure.  There are too many people consuming too many resources balancing on a system that was created generations ago, designed to accomodate far less.  It has been patched and tweaked and is straining hard and needs to come down.

We're struggling against diminishing returns culturally, stuck fighting the latest coming of the same insane conflicts over old issues (deja vu all over again) from before most people on this planet existed.  We're feeling trapped.

Its expensive and difficult to run hospitals and governments and cities and schools against such pressures.  The natural reaction, in the absence of serious fundamental change, is to knuckle down hard and try to get a grip on the situation.

All these laws are trying to do that, to save money, to keep a handle on the situation, when really they'll probably just make it worse.

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: toastandjam]
    #8781832 - 08/16/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

toastandjam said:
My dad thinks a lot of it is because of the increasing role of women in government and society-- the rise of concern, worry, and the coddle.  But that's him.

I have actually thought about this, there is a definite rise of concern worrying and coddling going on in todays society and it seemed to have started when women were aloud to vote. Even prohibition was put into action the year they began to vote.:shrug:

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #8781918 - 08/16/08 11:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

general reply:

I'm cool with it ... all of it.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8781968 - 08/16/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tri High said:
It's just that I got a 3 day ban for calling someone a fag for saying that they wear bandanas here in the pub. 

What the hell's wrong with wearing bandanas?  I wear a bandana but I have dreads, so it kinda goes together...

And to the person who said they think the increase of emphasis on the individual is one problem of society, I disagree.
I think emphasis on individuals is a good thing, but that people fuck it up when they begin to become self centered and don't think about anyone other than themselves.  A good balance can be struck.
But when you start focusing on society rather than individuals, rights of individuals get sacrificed for the good of 'society' as a whole.
One example being drug laws.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #8782093 - 08/16/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Seat belt laws are about generating revenue for the state and nothing more. They are originally justified by the rising price of insurance and by mandating a seat belt law, it's supposed to save money in the long run for insurance companies by reducing severity of injuries in car crashes and thereby reducing medical costs for insurance companies which thereby reduces cost of insurances to citizens. Only problem is insurance companies never reduce their rates and the police make tickets their main priority. There's a reason it takes cops an hour to show up to your door when there's a wild fucker waving a gun around, yet god help you if you so much swerve on the highway or forget to turn your headlights on. It's a fucking joke.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #8782115 - 08/16/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

reducing severe injuries is good think for humanity though...

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: TODAY]
    #8782138 - 08/16/08 12:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

For one no it is not.

Over population is our biggest concern right now next to global warming.

second it does not matter freedom choice and personal responsibility are the principles on which this nation was founded, being a fascist is the same whether you are saying it is for the good of the people or not.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

OfflineShamanintraining
Junkhead
Male

Loc: Rough Raleigh Flag
    #8782165 - 08/16/08 12:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

People prefer "safety" over freedom, that's what happened to America.

--------------------

"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Shamanintraining]
    #8782272 - 08/16/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Why should you be allowed to get out of bed in America? It would be much safer if it was mandatory for all citizens to remain in their beds locked in their homes 23 and a half hours a day than to be allowed to roam around where they might get cuts, scrapes, and bruises. I think a Computerized A.I. Death Force that is designed to immediately murder you if you get more than five steps away from your bed would be the best thing for the safety and security of Americans.

--------------------

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #8782326 - 08/16/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

toastandjam said:

It really comes down to population and infrastructure.  There are too many people consuming too many resources balancing on a system that was created generations ago, designed to accomodate far less.  It has been patched and tweaked and is straining hard and needs to come down.

We're struggling against diminishing returns culturally, stuck fighting the latest coming of the same insane conflicts over old issues (deja vu all over again) from before most people on this planet existed.  We're feeling trapped.

Its expensive and difficult to run hospitals and governments and cities and schools against such pressures.  The natural reaction, in the absence of serious fundamental change, is to knuckle down hard and try to get a grip on the situation.

All these laws are trying to do that, to save money, to keep a handle on the situation, when really they'll probably just make it worse.

good post
there is no doubt the rise of woman have had bad effects on the country
they r very tolerant of illegals and love babies and if its 1 thing beaners r good at is popping
out a brood of midgets to swell the ranks of gangs and prison population
they r also fanatical about conforming and following laws and fomenting new and more controlling laws
they r mostly superficial and do not take part in deep thought,with the exception of ann ryand,what good books have been written by woman,look at the movies there into,complete garbage
american woman r for the most part a monstrous  entity

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: 5150]
    #8782351 - 08/16/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
Quote:

toastandjam said:

good post
they r very tolerant of illegals and love babies and if its 1 thing beaners r good at is popping
they r also fanatical about conforming and following laws and fomenting new and more controlling laws
they r mostly superficial and do not take part in deep thought,with the exception of ann ryand,what good books have been written by woman,look at the movies there into,complete garbage

Do you have statistics backing up any of those statements or are they just unbacked opinions like they seem like they are?

I would guess the latter.

Offlinetoastandjam
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: 5150]
    #8782658 - 08/16/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
good post

You can leave the racism at the door. Maybe its same as it ever was, but there sure seems to be a cultural vacuum for a lot of people and I'll agree that there are some gross symptoms of that.  What are we doing?  Where are we going and why?  This merges nicely with the "what is the goal of humanity" thread from a while back.

Not to be so much on a high horse, but they're victims.  Don't hate.

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Offlinetoastandjam
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8782663 - 08/16/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said: I think a Computerized A.I. Death Force that is designed to immediately murder you if you get more than five steps away from your bed would be the best thing for the safety and security of Americans.

:lol: :redxrobot:  :minigun:

--------------------

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

#8782869 - 08/16/08 03:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've got no problem with bandanas.  If you could find the post you might understand my comment a little better about them.

Dude was asking where to find bandanas online because he lives in a small town and can't get them in town.  I was poking fun because - if you live in a small town, whom is there to impress....etc...Just poking fun and I said "faggot" and got a temp. ban from ALL of the shroomery...pretty weak sauce.

I'm working on my dreads.  Not working, rather.  Trying for the all natural.  No shampoo has caused some of my locks to dread up.  I think it's the dandruff that acts like a glue and keeps the hair together.  Whatev.  I'm happy with myself and no matter who or how many people tell me to wash my hair because it looks bad - it'll all be worth it.

Jah love.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom