Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

WTF happened to america?
    #8778995 - 08/15/08 07:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Everyday now I hear people bitching about guns and gun control.  Have they forgotten why the second amendment is in place?  Why our country was able to form in the first place?  Do they think that if they outlaw handguns or assault rifles that criminals cant get them anyway? It is absurd.

seatbelt laws since when is it anyones business whether I protect my life in my car?  they have roadside checks for this now and whats scary is that the majority think this is a good move on the law makers part because it "saves lives".  It's none of your business.

parents are more protective over there children than ever they arent allowed to play outside without supervision there are phones that track kids via gps so there parents can know exactly where they are.

They are thinking of monitoring all highways in Illinois IDK about anywhere else with cameras.

The patriot act which most Americans have no problem with :sad: Is everyone an idiot does no one see the long term repercussions that this will have?

everyone is on either antidepressants or benzos.

corrupt politicians.

media that outright lies and correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all news channels and papers are controlled by two companies.

and finally drug laws.

WTF happened to liberty?  This country has completely lost all touch with it's roots.  Everyone feels the need to control others it is no different than a dictatorship.  If people are passing laws like these it is just a dictatorship ruled by many.

sorry I had to rant to someone because this shit has just been pissing me off for a while.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:
Dude how can you say such a thing. Ive literally read exact words about killing Americans within the Koran.......[/quote]
[quote]night_owl said::facepalm:[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewatchoutnow
mind'sonrecord/itsbeingviewed
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: 7734591202]
    #8779024 - 08/15/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah you just gotta find the goodness in the shit and like what you got.

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"My views ain't changed to live humane wait" -Eminem
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
"From that what, knowledge of self - determination!" -Blackstar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since I got braces shit gets stuck in my teeth.
Make me *** bitch!

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8779059 - 08/15/08 07:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

People have short memories and tend to have knee jerk reactions.
The bullshit always gets burned away in the fires though, along with most of the good people trying to fight back.
Lets just hope for a fire sometime.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
    #8779140 - 08/15/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The zeitgeist if fucked. Of that there is no doubt.

What you have to realize, though, is that we've been striving towards this dystopia for hundreds of years. This country's "roots" are not something to be revered. Those roots blueprinted our current state.

You cannot change this. I've found that fighting will only lead to more personal strife. Live your own life if you can. Accept the problems without letting them destroy you.
:rebelride:

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: watchoutnow]
    #8779238 - 08/15/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

guess thats all I can do.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:
Dude how can you say such a thing. Ive literally read exact words about killing Americans within the Koran.......[/quote]

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
    #8779273 - 08/15/08 08:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The economy is falling apart, we're engaged in an illegal war which is killing innocent people and has destroyed our credibility as a nation, and the average level of education and intelligence in this country plummets by the day...

:shrug:

Fuck It

:chugbeer:

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8779407 - 08/15/08 08:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I agree but if i can sit around get high and talk with my friends, kick back and have a good ole time, the zeitgeist isnt all that bad.  I know its there, but we have a lot more rights than about all the countries in the world except for 16.  Im glad im not getting raped and pillaged in darfur.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #8779503 - 08/15/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with the rest of your post but
Quote:

seatbelt laws since when is it anyones business whether I protect my life in my car?  they have roadside checks for this now and whats scary is that the majority think this is a good move on the law makers part because it "saves lives".  It's none of your business.

No, it's not my business if you wear a seatbelt or not. But it is the business of your friends and family. The seatbelt laws were brought in because people were causing untold suffering by taking unnecessary risks. If everyone was able to make responsible decisions then we wouldn't need the laws. But sadly, they aren't.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: zouden]
    #8779521 - 08/15/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Should hard drugs be prohibited too because the pain addiction can cause to family members of the addicted?

Anything that hurts no one but the one committing the act should not be punishable by law.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8779569 - 08/15/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Agreed. But being killed in a car accident hurts more than just yourself. Leaving 4 kids without a father just because someone couldn't be bothered putting his seatbelt on is the sort of scenario a modern society should avoid.

--------------------

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8779604 - 08/15/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Alright Stalin I wore my seatbelt before the law was made so it does not effect me but I can still see why it's bullshit.

If you cant I don't know what to say except grow some testicles and mind your own business.  If you think that the gov should be regulating things like this then you are a major part of the problem with this country.

Hell if I want to kill myself it is none of your business get off of your high horse buddy.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8779625 - 08/15/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Look, all I'm saying is that it's still your right to not wear a seatbelt. But it makes you a selfish asshole, and in the 1970s the people decided that they'd had enough of selfish assholes and so they started fining people who didn't wear seatbelts. It's a reminder that other people care about you.

--------------------

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8779626 - 08/15/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

this is just a prime example of hippies being fascists in tie die trying to force "utopia" on every one else.

p.s. does not apply to all hippies just most.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

Invisible513orangejuice
Female

#8779661 - 08/15/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

if anyone wanted to save lives, they would outlaw alcohol and cigerettes since thier up thier with the top reasons for americans dieing, along with sacrificing thier lives for the noble and patriotic cause of monopolizing on the worlds energy sources, and legalize weed since recent testing has suggested that thc actully helps to break down cancer, see, the thing is, ya, it saves lives but more importantly it gives them a great easy common reason to pull just about anybody over , thus, a great remedy for social control among the masses. Besides, if you die, whos ganna fuel thier retched economy and trip over roadside bombs for enron? Ya, uncle sam WUVS US BUNCHES N BUNCHES N BUNCHES N,...

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

America is a rapist.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #8779666 - 08/15/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
I agree with the rest of your post but
Quote:

No, it's not my business if you wear a seatbelt or not. But it is the business of your friends and family. The seatbelt laws were brought in because people were causing untold suffering by taking unnecessary risks. If everyone was able to make responsible decisions then we wouldn't need the laws. But sadly, they aren't.

who says that the seatbelt laws truly make any difference, for that matter, speed limits? there was actually a study done to prove that speed limits play almost no role in how fast or slow a person is going to drive, when it comes down to it, they will drive at the speed they feel safe, which is normally around the speed limits signs that were put up. however you will have several assholes (mainly teenagers) who feel they have something to prove by breaking the law and being a bad ass, this of course would fade if there were no laws.

bottom line is the more restrictions you put on things the more of a risk you create by drawing that line in the sand for another to cross. "rules were meant to be broken".

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: 513orangejuice]
    #8779669 - 08/15/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

513orangejuice said:
Quote:

if anyone wanted to save lives, they would outlaw alcohol and cigerettes since thier up thier with the top reasons for americans dieing, along with sacrificing thier lives for the noble and patriotic cause of monopolizing on the worlds energy sources, and legalize weed since recent testing has suggested that thc actully helps to break down cancer, see, the thing is, ya, it saves lives but more importantly it gives them a great easy common reason to pull just about anybody over , thus, a great remedy for social control among the masses. Besides, if you die, whos ganna fuel thier retched economy and trip over roadside bombs for enron? Ya, uncle sam WUVS US BUNCHES N BUNCHES N BUNCHES N,...

And cars.

And tylenol.

And bacon.

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: MiddleFinger]
    #8779795 - 08/15/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

America: Land of the Safe, Home of the Scared.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8779820 - 08/15/08 10:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

7734591202 said:
Everyday now I hear people bitching about guns and gun control.  Have they forgotten why the second amendment is in place?  Why our country was able to form in the first place?  Do they think that if they outlaw handguns or assault rifles that criminals cant get them anyway? It is absurd.

parents are more protective over there children than ever they arent allowed to play outside without supervision there are phones that track kids via gps so there parents can know exactly where they are.

They are thinking of monitoring all highways in Illinois IDK about anywhere else with cameras.

The patriot act which most Americans have no problem with :sad: Is everyone an idiot does no one see the long term repercussions that this will have?

everyone is on either antidepressants or benzos.

corrupt politicians.

media that outright lies and correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all news channels and papers are controlled by two companies.

and finally drug laws.

WTF happened to liberty?  This country has completely lost all touch with it's roots.  Everyone feels the need to control others it is no different than a dictatorship.  If people are passing laws like these it is just a dictatorship ruled by many.

sorry I had to rant to someone because this shit has just been pissing me off for a while.

ya dood all of that shit blows
but somehow we manage to party it up and take copious amounts of illegal dr00gz
so it doesnt really affect us THAT much
just try to ignore it

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #8779826 - 08/15/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:

cars are equipped with Supplemental Restraint Systems, air
bags, many have them in the doors in addition to the dash,
most seatbelt laws do not apply to rear seat passengers over
12, some even 'exempt them'. statistics show that 63% of
fatalities were people not wearing seatbelts, that isnt that
much more than 50%. your odds dont seem that much better.

in fact a study of accidents has shown that in many accidents
seatbelts would have made no difference at all, given that
seatbelts are designed to restrain you from being thrown forward
they're of no use in accidents involving rear end collisions
and impact from the side and can in fact cause more injury in
the latter

wouldnt it be more feasible to promote safe driving or possibly
to have the manufacturer install a governor that prevents
vehicles from traveling over a specific speed, at that point
compliance is mandatory, there is no 'cops issuing tickets'
unless someone does something to disable the governor

since we're so concerned with saving lives and 'oh, but think
of the children' why dont the school busses in the US have
seatbelts installed?

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to america? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8779840 - 08/15/08 10:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well essentially it's all about revenue to the government but it's the retard civilians that let this shit fly that piss me off we are allowing this to happen to America under the guise of safety when in reality they are all for profit or to take more of our rights away.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate