Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrepan
Stranger
Mycelium Cake Dating Game
    #8725531 - 08/04/08 05:16 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Here are Four cakes, Wondering what you think is going on with each one. 
Contestant One - Totally wacky, Yellow stuff appeared after full colonization, kept it separate and continued process as normal just to see what would happen.
Contestant Two - Definitely more white fuzzy stuff here not sure if its a contamination. No pinning after 9 days
Contestant Three- Little signs or discoloration here and there. No pinning some fuzzy bulbs appear to be growing on the sides of the cake.
Contestant Four- Seems to be the most active of the group crystal like Mycelia in one corner with all the pinning action occurring there.

I am a admitted total Noob at this.  This is day 9 (lets say) in the terrarium of a pf Tek Style operation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinefreeDOOM
Stranger then you
Male

Loc: New York, USA
Re: Mycelium Cake Dating Game [Re: Trepan]
    #8725673 - 08/04/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

looks like a lot of metabolites on 1
the rest dont really look bad

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Mycelium Cake Dating Game [Re: freeDOOM]
    #8730899 - 08/05/08 08:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Metabolites and bacteria on cake number 1.  Very 'iffy' if that one will fruit.  The other two should be pinning soon.  Next time, dunk and roll after birthing.  It will really speed things up.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineTrepan
Stranger
Re: Mycelium Cake Dating Game [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8747165 - 08/09/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so the pinning cake is moving along alright, I am new to this so every day feels iffy.  The largest of the stems has some fuzzy white stuff on it, the pins look kinda shriveled and some are dark at the cap.  They are also pointing in funny directions, not strait up.  The other cakes didn't look so hot so I finally just threw them away.  Will post results.
Thank you all for your time and knowledge.

OfflineIzangi
He who Invites
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a field in FL
    #8751200 - 08/10/08 12:21 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

aborts?

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores
RogerRabbit said:
Nothing gets more sterile than red hot.

All posts are intended for fictional or educational purposes only.

No statements in any post or message by myself should be taken as fact. Use of contained information or opinions may be in violation of local, provincial, and/or federal laws.

OfflineTrepan
Stranger
    #8762346 - 08/12/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Here is the fruiting cake, the Fruit sure looks funky.  there is white fuzziness on some of the stems, some of the caps are black.  They are not fruiting vertically. I am unsure at this point what is going one.

OfflineIzangi
He who Invites
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a field in FL
    #8764208 - 08/12/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

those are aborts..correct me if I'm wrong

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores
RogerRabbit said:
Nothing gets more sterile than red hot.

All posts are intended for fictional or educational purposes only.

No statements in any post or message by myself should be taken as fact. Use of contained information or opinions may be in violation of local, provincial, and/or federal laws.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: Mycelium Cake Dating Game [Re: Izangi]
    #8778321 - 08/15/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

wow i have never seen that before.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix