Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLakefingers
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: Lion]
    #8777949 - 08/15/08 02:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah,
in every moment
you retain the right to kill yourself or
come into the fold of the good life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#8778007 - 08/15/08 02:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

>>>>I agree with the general sentiment that seems to be going around in here that this is all there is, take it or leave it.

This is all there currently is, might be a better way to put it.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #8778025 - 08/15/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

When I look inside and see that I am nothing, that's wisdom.
When I look outside and see that I am everything, that's love.
Between these two my life turns.

Interesting, I like this

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: daytripper23]
    #8778092 - 08/15/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

a few years ago i was feeling mediocre for a while,
then i got happy and at the end of the day told my friend
"i see the emotional bond between everyone, its countenance is everywhere"
and my friend completely dissed me, she said
"that's not love, that's life!"

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #8778474 - 08/15/08 04:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

We're all just wasting time

Oh so you speak for everyone.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #8782568 - 08/16/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Your predicament, unfortunately, is an existential malaise - meaninglessness. Despair is certainly to follow unless you discover meaning, not attempt to attribute meaning of your own construction. If you have decided that you KNOW for certain (which you do not) that existence in all its complexity means nothing, that just indicates YOUR state of mind, not the influx of TRUTH/REALITY. We both know that this kind of tortured life doesn't attain to old age. What would be the point? If long life is not for the purpose of helping other sentient beings escape the existential suffering that you yourself are experiencing, then your life will be little more than narcissism.

You're bored? What a luxury. Haven't experienced any genuine, non-neurotic pain yet? Try to empathize with those who have, and help them out. Get over your narcissistic adolescent angst and discover how to empathize, how to understand others, and you just might discover some authenticity to your otherwise shallowly lived existence. Read some Carl Rogers on this, about "empathy," "congruence" and "unconditional positive regard." After you've discovered what all this means, treat yourself with a healthy dose of it first.

Tx: (Like Rx, but different) Read two of these, and e-mail me in the morning: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_centered_therapy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Rogers (The Fully-Functioning Person, Psychopathology, Incongruity)

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #8782634 - 08/16/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^^^ :thumbup: To Mark's response

True, the feeling comes. But that IS the point, experimentation, and feeling. If one hurts so much, and have time, they could find others who hurt, and try to help with their situations as well to encourage the love/karma/ect. to come back.

Maybe many of those most significant actions in your life, "right now", don't matter a bit. Maybe that dollar a guy hand to the homeless guy down the road that he spends on booze goes into the gutter to be found by a hermit with the cure for cancer but one dollar shy on the stamp to send to the pharmaceutical company. We have NO WAY OF KNOWING our own significance, to others, through a lifetime. This isn't something to be sad about most of the time. This is simply a lifetime. Our constituent pieces have been here for long before "you" or "me" were born, as "humans" or even "animals". Think of what that one dollar might do on a local level, as that's the level we relate to easily and hear from.

If one still can't feel an importance to one's self... maybe they could think of the small events in their lives that have changed someone immensely at the smallest unintentional movement/word of another.

My girlfriend 9 years ago told me she couldn't love me because of my small movements. A year and a half later, I broke my heroin addiction. Since then, I've helped a few friends break grave substance problems and mental recesses, and they've done the same for me, on a regular basis. Our small actions have helped all of us to survive. Every minute of my life, and every minute of other's lives, has helped and hurt someone is some way. Pro activity shifts the weights to the favor of revalation, introspection, and contemplation.

Along with feeling happy with your free time. :wink:

~Monk

InvisibleLakefingers
    #8785334 - 08/17/08 03:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

altruism is all too often a euphemism for resentment

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8785750 - 08/17/08 08:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Your predicament, unfortunately, is an existential malaise - meaninglessness. Despair is certainly to follow unless you discover meaning, not attempt to attribute meaning of your own construction. If you have decided that you KNOW for certain (which you do not) that existence in all its complexity means nothing, that just indicates YOUR state of mind, not the influx of TRUTH/REALITY. We both know that this kind of tortured life doesn't attain to old age. What would be the point? If long life is not for the purpose of helping other sentient beings escape the existential suffering that you yourself are experiencing, then your life will be little more than narcissism.

You're bored? What a luxury. Haven't experienced any genuine, non-neurotic pain yet? Try to empathize with those who have, and help them out. Get over your narcissistic adolescent angst and discover how to empathize, how to understand others, and you just might discover some authenticity to your otherwise shallowly lived existence. Read some Carl Rogers on this, about "empathy," "congruence" and "unconditional positive regard." After you've discovered what all this means, treat yourself with a healthy dose of it first.

Tx: (Like Rx, but different) Read two of these, and e-mail me in the morning: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_centered_therapy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Rogers (The Fully-Functioning Person, Psychopathology, Incongruity)

Don't listen. You are being recruited to the fluffy side. Just keep going deeper into your malaise. And remember you can't get out until you get in The middle path awaits

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: Lakefingers]
    #8785755 - 08/17/08 08:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:

:confused:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #8786944 - 08/17/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:

I don't get it, at all.

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
    #8788147 - 08/17/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Then make a change, kill yourself.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: I'm Not Well [Re: Boots]
    #8788152 - 08/17/08 07:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You first, we need to see how it's done. Wouldn't want to botch the job.

--------------------

Invisiblewingcommander
Stranger
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: Icelander]
    #8788241 - 08/17/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

there are times in a mans life we he just has to take a hard look at himself in the rorrim and declare himself sane. we're alllighrt

OfflineBlackness
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: wingcommander]
    #8789602 - 08/18/08 04:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

But how can one know he is sane?
How do you know you're not lying in a ditch somewhere or somewhere else and just living your life in your mind alone.
I had an insane night, i still can't understand what the fuck happened back there, but reading these comments here helps somewhat.
How can we know there is a universal purpose, which is the same for each and every one of us?
We can't (i can't at least) be sure that i'm writing at this moment, it might not be real, i can't even imagine what might really be happening behind the curtain of Reality.
The Universe is a god damn enigma and i can't even hope that i will ever understand it in the way that i want to.
It's like there something behind all that we see and feel, but it's so alien and strange that the only way to see it is if you have lost your mind and let it enter this 'something'.

I understand you might not understand what i'm saying, i don't either, but everything just feels so... empty.
Perhaps all our work toward higher states of awareness is for nothing, and it might never ever end, it will change, always into something different and new, but it will never end, and the very notion of time becomes senseless.
What is time anyway?

Personally, i think we're just doing circles with our lives, identites, and conciousness.
I think Reality itself is making circles all the fucking time, always changing, but never really going anywhere.
Have you ever asked yourself is there anything beyond Reality?
And i'm not talking about your reality just changing on acid or any other drug, i'm talking about leaving Reality alltogether.
Maybe that's the way, and maybe it's not and we will still be making circles (which is nothing... we do them all the time with EVERYTHING. i wonder why...)

I hope that maybe, maybe, this all must come to and end, and i'm not talking about death, death can do nothing, nothing would change in the world, and you can't escape making circles by just killing yourself.
IT would be too easy, death itself is a part of the circle.

So the question is put - how does someone in a circle, leave the circle?
Is it a matter of intelligence, awareness, or something else different in the whole circle matter.
Trying to find these questions is so fucking mind boggling.
Perhaps if we make our souls insane, not just our minds, we could block reality from being.
And maybe not.
Maybe nothing ever matters and never will matter.
It's insanity.

OfflineBlackness
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: Blackness]
    #8789619 - 08/18/08 05:08 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe we should all just accept our fate.
What ever happens will happen, even if it makes no sense, it doesn't matter.
I'd rather live in a happy and fulfilled world even if is nothing, that ask question which will inevitably lead to eternal despair.
Just let go.
Let go.

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: I'm Not Well *DELETED* [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #8789651 - 08/18/08 05:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: No reason.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #8789688 - 08/18/08 05:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm often surprised by the intelligence of the responses here. Positively, that is.

I'm still fairly certain thought, in any case, that in life, one spends the better part of their time discovering firstly, what one wants, before secondly, how to obtain it. 

It seems the thread starter wants depth of meaning and feeling and greater sense of connection.

Now, he has pinpointed for himself what he is after. That's good, in any case, as it's a necessary step to his later satisfaction. 

I really enjoyed some of the responses. Very bright. Thank you all.

This theme of pointlessness has somewhat underscored my own life. About a year ago I had a sort of nervous breakdown induced by too much work and an addiction to poppy pods. After recovering, due to bad job references, I was unable to find work for an entire year. Satisfying work.  Other factors like a good wife allayed overt anxiety about my situation so that I was able to live in peace without doing anything. Oh, I should add that my wife and I miscarried twice, I went through mid-life crisis, and over the course of it we learned we couldn't have children.

You know that sense of having accomplished absolutely nothing with your life. That's me. 

But then recently I started coming out of it. I started working part time for a huge pay cut on my previous salary. As a cook. In a somewhat sleazy place. But since I started I realized that my quality as a cook has lent itself well to this place as I am sure I have prevented many sanitation based illnesses through my efforts.  So many people, though they do not know it, could thank me.

It's the being put into a lower level than ones qualification that equals service to others most.

The few especially gifted ones walk away with the gold forgetting all those others who made that possible for them. 

Okay, just rambling.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #8794067 - 08/19/08 03:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Masturbation is the cause of nihilistic sentiment, if you want to find meaning in life then stop masturbating.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: I'm Not Well [Re: lines]
    #8794331 - 08/19/08 06:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lines said:
Masturbation is the cause of nihilistic sentiment, if you want to find meaning in life then stop masturbating.

Hah

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder