Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineredwhite33
Yeah
Male

Psilocybe cubensis??
    #8774362 - 08/14/08 06:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

sorry everyone i posted this yesterday and said as big as a dinner table lol man i was gone but u would to if u smoked ova a q.p in this month but sum1 try to help me out

Habitat:found on cow shit after a couple days of raining

Gills:were white with blueish green brusing

Stem:
thick white did have a ring around the stem it was white

Cap:
real large brown in the middle going to white large shrooms sum as big as a dinner plate and sum where more little

Spore print color:
it wouldnt make 1

Bruising:
cap black and gills blusish  green

Edited by redwhite33 (08/15/08 09:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoundtrance
di actyl more fien
Male User Gallery

Loc: ocala, FL
Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: redwhite33]
    #8774379 - 08/14/08 06:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redwhite33 said:

Cap:
real large brown in the middle going to white large shrooms sum as big as a dinner table

:macdre:

--------------------
"Our parents found themselves, we are finding each other"

:bigweed::mushroomgrow::cubie::mushroomgrow::flyhigh::lsdabc::tee:

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
    #8774417 - 08/14/08 07:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Umm it was as big as a dinner table?

read this guide http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8045055/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

Please note
I have made this so I can just copy and paste sections for referencing noobs when they need help, I don't care if others have made guides before K THNX.

A typical day on the Shroomery forums goes like this. "Hi i live in City, State. I would like to know what type of shrooms can be picked and when? please tell me where are the best places to find them." Most noobs skip the rules that are posted right there on the main forum and ask what they want to ask, and its annoying and noobs suck balls. (unless of course they are the rare kind of noob who reads the rules up front) so please take the time to read the rules first Read Me!!! Yes You n00b: Mushroom Hunting Forum Rules, and once you have found a mushroom please take the time to make a proper ID request. Sample ID request - READ BEFORE POSTING AN ID REQUEST!

Are you not in Texas and are still curious about what mushrooms grow in your area?
Chances are Panaeolus subbalteatus grows in your state. Subbedhunter's Complete Guide to Panaeolus subbalteatus

And to find which active mushrooms grow wild in your state or country check out Which mushrooms grow wild in my area?

--------------------------------------------------

Please note that Psilocybe cubensis also grows in other states, and other countries as well.
If Psilocybe cubensis grows in your state or country you can stil luse all the information here for finding them, because cube traits are the same all around the world.

United States
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia (rare, only near the coast)

Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kenya,

Australia
New South Wales, Queensland

South America
Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Peru, Venezuela,

Asia
Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam

What psychoactive mushrooms can be found in Texas?
Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus luteoviridis, Gymnopilus sapineus, Panaeolus cyanescens, Panaeolus subbalteatus, Psilocybe cubensis

Psilocybe cubensis
These mushrooms are nick named “Cubes” also known as just “Shrooms”  Psilocybe cubensis can also be shortened to P. cubensis. This is one of the most cultivated (home grown) active mushroom.

Active chemicals
The two major contributing active chemicals are Psilocybin, and Psilocin.

Two other active chemicals are also Baeocystin which is not a major contributing factor of a mushroom trip... A dose of 10mg pure Baeocystin is said to produce entheogenic effects. and Norbaeocystin It is unknown if this contributes to a mushroom trip.

Where do they grow?
They grow most commonly on cow poop, they can also be found growing on horse poop, but they aren't found as commonly on horse poop (but are common enough to give it a chance).

PinheadX has found them in manure/mulch beds in Houston Texas and so have i.. We believe the manure used had mycelium in it, or got spores in it at some point and colonized... We do not believe either pile was cultivated by humans... This is EXTREMELY RARE, but if your in Houston Texas like us, anything can happen so keep an eye out :laugh:

Pinheadx's finds: Never say never, MUTANT CUBE, zonate cube, and a polypore. 

My find: Cubes found in LAWN houston tx

What do they look like?

Cap
The cap when young will be almost completely golden colored, then when they get more matured they have a great golden yellow fade on top. When they get really old or sun bleached the caps can sometimes turn really pale and will no longer be gold or yellow. Sometimes the caps will have spores sprayed on top of them and turn a purple color. The caps can have a verity of different shapes due to weather or genetics. Bell, domed, flat, flat with a nipple, or just crazy shaped.

Closed caps are pretty solid colored

Sun bleached or dried/old

Golden fade

Spores on cap

Waterlogged cubes can look funny also, and they can be waaay soggy when you eat them... Plus if your doing a weighed out dosage they can throw the actual weight off... If your going to dry them find a really fast way to dry them up.

bell shaped

Crazy shaped

Flat or with nipple

Stem
Yellowish colored, and hollow, There is a veil present on the stem with purplish spores on one side and the bottom side (if visible) will be yellow/whitish/blueish/purplish. The stem will bruise blue/green when you squeeze it or break it in two. Also the base of the stems will probably have mycelium growing on them.

See the stems are yellow and have veils with spores dropped on them sometimes the veils are small sometimes they are big.

But keep in mind sometimes the veil wont be purple from the spores because its flappy, or formed differently.

Cubes have hollow stems but Texas cubes are known to be pretty dense and sometimes are pretty meaty and solid and not so hollow inside.

Here is mycelium, its perfectly okay to eat.

Gills
Purplish brown, sometimes they are spore less and only have a light brown color. The gills will also bruise blue/green :laugh:

Spore Print
Cut your cap off, then place it on a piece of white paper wait 30 minutes to an hour and you should have a print that is dark and purplish...

Bluing
The gills and stem will bruise blue or green, This is the active chemicals oxidizing, this is said to lower the potency so don't bruise them up too much... Only enough to verify that they are indeed Psilocybe cubensis, or Pan cyan... But please note that NON Psilocybe mushrooms will also bruise blue which are potentially poisonous..  So take everything gills, color, shape, and spore print color into consideration when identifying mushrooms.

When can they be found?
Well in Texas people have found them all year around, even around Christmas.. Its best to have around 75F-90F temperatures and a good rain storm... But you can find them from probably 40-75 just in fewer numbers. So whenever it rains for a decent while go out to those fields. If its kind of hot out, check under the trees and the poop around tall grass it helps block the sun.

Dosage
Mushrooms are about 90% water. Take the fresh weight then divide it by 10, the results are about what your dry weight will be. 20 Grams fresh will be about 2 grams dry, but mushrooms can be more dry or more wet so this isn't 100% accurate and can be off by complete grams.

The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed shows that 27% of people dose ~2 grams dry and 44% of people dose ~3.5 grams dry  so between 2-3.5 grams is the average dose... Sometimes 3.5 grams can be really overwhelming  so you might want to consider dosing 2 grams for your first time... But then again sometimes mushrooms don't effect some people the same as others...

How do you consume?

Straight up
You can eat them right off the cow poop if you wanted to, but i wouldn't recommend tripping on the field unless you own the field... Also make sure you don't eat the poop cut it off. You can also put them under a fan for a day or two until they are cracker dry to store them... Then you can eat those dry mushrooms any time you want to.

Intensify the experience
The Lemon Experience... basically soak mushrooms in lemon juice for X amount of time then dose, it intensifies your experience in an extremely noticeable way :laugh: be careful with it.I have tried this method with 2 grams dry/powdered and it sure works.
Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects This experiment is a bit different but it is supposed to extremely intensify your trip.. I have not tried this method yet.

Chocolates
You can put your mushrooms into chocolates, there are a few teks online.
Monstermitch's technique for chocolates

Tea
Mushroom Tea Preparation Here are a number of tea recipes.

Threads
Horse field cubes Ive found a horse field that was producing cubes, the horses ate grass, hay, and whatever other plants they felt like munching on... The field previously had cows and horses interchanged throughout the years but the poop was definitely horse poop that they were growing from.  Almost all of the pictures from this thread were found on horse poop. :laugh:

PinheadX found PLENTY of Cubes growing on mulch piles. Now it is possible that it could have been someones out door grow, or maybe the mulch/compost/manure they used had mycelium in it or spores from the cow field which inoculated the whole pile. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen and it is in NO way common, but his finds should inspire you to keep and eye out everywhere for cubes even off the field. :laugh: (Update: I have found my own manure/mulch bed cubes! see Link)
Never say never, MUTANT CUBE, zonate cube, and a polypore.

Photo by PinheadX

Panaeolus cyanescens
These mushrooms are nick named “Copes” don't confuse them with “Psilocybe cyanescens” they are not the same mushroom. This mushroom is stronger than Psilocybe cubensis. I haven't found a cope yet, cubes are my main mushroom so I don't feel I am qualified to give that much information on them.

Where do they grow?
They grow right along side of Psilocybe cubensis on Cow poop, I believe one mycologist has reported copes growing on horse poop but it isnt common. (I will try to find the documentation on this) Some cow fields produce more copes than cubes some fields produce more cubes than copes.

Panaeolus subbalteatus
Also known as “Subbs” If you read about people finding “Subs” they are talking about Psilocybe subaeruginascens NOT  Panaeolus subbalteatus so dont confuse the two.

Where do they grow?
Lawns that are taken well care of :laugh: check out Subbedhunter420's subb guide these mushrooms grow all over America in most every state they arent as potent as Psilocybe cubensis but they are indeed active.
Subbedhunter's Complete Guide to Panaeolus subbalteatus

For more information check out

The Ultimate Beginners Guide to: Hunting The Psilocybe cubensis

Shroomery search, and FAQ

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here, Right Now Flag
Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: implee]
    #8774438 - 08/14/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

very informative post man, awesome pics. i envy you...

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #8774442 - 08/14/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

those were all found last year pretty much, this year has been dry and weak :frown:

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

#8774447 - 08/14/08 07:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

im sure you had a great time last year then...

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #8774450 - 08/14/08 07:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yup it was fun for sure, i still have some dried

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8774460 - 08/14/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

implee said:
Yup it was fun for sure, i still have some dried

And how do they retain there potency, do they retain it well? How long have they been in storage and how do you store them? I like to store mine in powder in a dark dry area.

Offlinesoundtrance
di actyl more fien
Male User Gallery

Loc: ocala, FL
Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8774478 - 08/14/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

awesome post implee. very infomative

sexy pics too :wink:

--------------------
"Our parents found themselves, we are finding each other"

:bigweed::mushroomgrow::cubie::mushroomgrow::flyhigh::lsdabc::tee:

Edited by soundtrance (08/14/08 07:22 PM)

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8774482 - 08/14/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i had some powdered and dried for probably 3 months with one of those damp rid things and they dosed just fine... I find if i dont powder them they tend to get all bendy insteady of crunchy/snappy after a few weeks :frown:

Some people dry them then put them in the freezer i hear that works well...

Theres a new honey tek where you extract the mushrooms like a tea, steam it down then mix with honey, it looks like it would be a promising way to store

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8774491 - 08/14/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Ive tried the honey way and it worked fine, but i like powder the best i fan dry my actives first them use damprid to get them cracker dry then put them fellers in the blender and ta-dah there powder.

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8774521 - 08/14/08 07:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Did you extract the mushrooms like tea first? or just put powdered mushrooms in honey?

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8774529 - 08/14/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Chlorophyllum molybdites aka green gills poisonous.. i assume you mean dinner plate? cause they do get huge. They will make you pee out of your butt.

Also they were either growing around or from under the poop, they do not grow from poop.

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

#8774568 - 08/14/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i pee out of my butt when i drink heavily the night prior. sucks:thumbdown:

--------------------

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8774750 - 08/14/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

implee said:
Did you extract the mushrooms like tea first? or just put powdered mushrooms in honey?

I cut up a good bit of actives then put the chunks in the honey. I let it sit for 5 months then strained the mushrooms out. It was weird the honey had turned bluish color and a good bit of the mushroom chunks had dissolved. It was great to, you only ate a table spoon full and were gone

Offlinenushroom
Knowledge Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: H-Town Tx
    #8774891 - 08/14/08 08:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The first time that I found copes, I dried them and ground them in a coffee grinder. I have found since then that all actives lose potency when ground very quickly. Not to mention that copes are better fresh and need to be handled delicately. I have not found any copes since last year and that season was not good, but found many cubes. Early this year (April), I found quite a few cubes. I dried them, then vacuum sealed. Then I left them whole and stored them in the freezer. The next time when I dose, I will then grind them before putting them in juice. The potency lasts longer stored that way in my opinion. The dosing then should be strong, less the vibrant colors compared to fresh.

OfflineExperience
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8774975 - 08/14/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

implee said:

(unless of course they are the rare kind of noob who reads the rules up front)

I read the rules :cool:

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: Experience]
    #8775386 - 08/14/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

noobs who read rules own

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: nushroom]
    #8775611 - 08/14/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nushroom said:
The first time that I found copes, I dried them and ground them in a coffee grinder. I have found since then that all actives lose potency when ground very quickly. Not to mention that copes are better fresh and need to be handled delicately. I have not found any copes since last year and that season was not good, but found many cubes. Early this year (April), I found quite a few cubes. I dried them, then vacuum sealed. Then I left them whole and stored them in the freezer. The next time when I dose, I will then grind them before putting them in juice. The potency lasts longer stored that way in my opinion. The dosing then should be strong, less the vibrant colors compared to fresh.

I notice the difference with eating fresh and dried but its not that different for me, yes fresh is stronger but if i eat 3grms dry i still get the effect of about 5 big weilii fresh. So either way i still get remarkably visuals trips, ive been dosing so long i know my body very well and how much to take to get to were i want. Anything that "hurts" the shroom bruises it etc will cause it to degrade sum, i would never grind up pan subbs or weaker mushrooms but with weilii they are so potent i dont worry much. But nothing beats freshies.

OfflineWillmsyCat
Brother
Male User Gallery

Loc: LaCrosse, WI
    #10642178 - 07/08/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Just got these from a guy I've bought countless bags of herb from. I haven't had Cubensis yet. Figured I should share some pictures with you guys first.

Bluing is from the bruising from harvest?

Tell me what you think. Thanks

--------------------
What we value the most to affirm ourselves we are, is our mind. Incidentally, our minds (our thoughts) are the least tangible aspect of our existence.

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: WillmsyCat]
    #10642196 - 07/08/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

^ are dried cubes!

OfflineWillmsyCat
Brother
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #10642252 - 07/08/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you. Always like a second opinion on the matter.

--------------------
What we value the most to affirm ourselves we are, is our mind. Incidentally, our minds (our thoughts) are the least tangible aspect of our existence.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: WillmsyCat]
    #10642284 - 07/08/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Definitely dried Psilocybe cubensis.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineWillmsyCat
Brother
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10642352 - 07/08/09 03:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:smile: Now to pack for camping...

--------------------

OfflineKahn
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? *DELETED* [Re: implee]
    #16240339 - 05/16/12 01:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Kahn

Reason for deletion: Cant see photo

Offlinesuchen
Once and Future Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shangri-la
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe cubensis?? [Re: Kahn]
    #16240683 - 05/16/12 03:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

How do I put pictures in my post?

No no no, not Psilocybe cubensis. Your mushroom is a Chlorophyllum species. I can't tell for sure whether they are edible or poisonous due to the rough photo quality. Were the gills green? It could be Chlorophyllum molybdites which will give you severe diarrhea and vomiting, or it could be one of the edible species. Can you take a spore print?

Also, see which psilocybin mushrooms grow wild in my area and then research those mushrooms you see listed under Florida. If you did that you would see that cubes don't grow in dirt in your backyard. They grow on cow dung and in peoples' closets.

--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract