Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecake is a lie
pwner with a bwner
Male

Loc: Mn
contam question
    #8770375 - 08/13/08 08:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

so my cakes have been chilling in the shotgun FC for about 4 days now and never saw any contam on them during colonization or during the dunk/roll. so i noticed some green stuff growing on some of those mycelium pom pom looking growths shooting out of the cakes, so i whiped out my butter-fly-knife and my lighter, held the blade over the flame for about 6 seconds and cut off all the green i could find. im positive that it came from out side the cake and only one cake had it (no question at all that it was mold).

so what do i do now?

--------------------
The Voice: It is the Broodwich, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chicken forced into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a fanged cow, layered with six-hundred and sixty-six separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood!

Frylock: [long pause] See... told ya.

Master Shake: I tasted mustard.

The Voice: Yeah... DIJON mustard!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: contam question [Re: cake is a lie]
    #8770425 - 08/13/08 08:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

contam question>contam forum ?

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

OfflineRhymenocerous
Stranger

Re: contam question [Re: cake is a lie]
    #8770426 - 08/13/08 08:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cake is a lie said:
so my cakes have been chilling in the shotgun FC for about 4 days now and never saw any contam on them during colonization or during the dunk/roll. so i noticed some green stuff growing on some of those mycelium pom pom looking growths shooting out of the cakes, so i whiped out my butter-fly-knife and my lighter, held the blade over the flame for about 6 seconds and cut off all the green i could find. im positive that it came from out side the cake and only one cake had it (no question at all that it was mold).

so what do i do now?

id take this to the contam forum,youll get answers quickstyle there...it might be bruising cuz from my understanding colonized mycellium is pretty contam resistent, i also remember reading that contam is more likely to occur in later flushes if at all,dont quote me on that part though...i heard heats not good for mycelium either so im not sure you wanna hot knife it much more...i remember reading that the contam you can see is worst than you think since the contam has likely taken greater hold where you cant see in the cake,so if i was you i would immediately take it out and make a seperate FC for it,i used a milk jug with perlite in your exact same situation...if it were contam its my understanding you want it as far away from your healthy cakes,and grow area in general...hope that helped

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Loc: Las Vegas Flag
Re: contam question [Re: Rhymenocerous]
    #8770675 - 08/13/08 09:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Wrong forum. Id toss the cake in the trash right away. People dont understand trich. If its on the outside of the cake it means its in the inside also. There is no saving it, just toss it.

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: contam question [Re: Cloneufc]
    #8770933 - 08/13/08 09:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cloneufc said:
Wrong forum. Id toss the cake in the trash right away. People dont understand trich. If its on the outside of the cake it means its in the inside also. There is no saving it, just toss it.

:thumbup:

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder