Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Sterile poured dishes with no flow hood
    #8761269 - 08/12/08 01:51 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What you need

Heat the agar up in the microwave to make it liquid, this is stuff I made a while ago. Standard PDA 5 ml per dish.You may wish to pour 10 ml per dish if you're keeping the cultures a long time, but for isolating 5 is fine.

Stack em up, those wire racks are from some deodorant display from a store...just find something that works for you.

Foil hat...

Cook 15 min at 15 PSI. after it gets to 15 PSI start your timer and turn down your stove. It doesn't have to be screaming to work, it won't get any hotter if the weight is spinning and spitting!

Shut it off and walk awayfor like 3 hours.the dishes were level when you put them in so after they cool wrap them with home made parafilm (saran wrap chunks)

Make a good seal, go around 2 or 3 times and try not to touch the inside of the film when you do it.Don't open the dishes.Without the cling wrap they dry out pretty fast so seal em up after you make them and after you transfer to them.

Use in good health!Just pop in a clone or whatever and you're good to go.
this is a King oyster clone and some grey oyster. I got this bad habit of not labeling everything!

So you don't need a glove box or flow hood or anything to make nice clean poured plates.You can use glass but don't try this with regular plastic dishes they'll melt. These dishes are polypropylene so they can take it.

:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sterile poured dishes with no flow hood [Re: Peterthinks]
    #8761276 - 08/12/08 01:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yea but what about when you pop in the tissue.  Your gonna need a gb or flowhood.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: Sterile poured dishes with no flow hood [Re: Krez]
    #8761289 - 08/12/08 02:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't bother with that.
I split the mushroom, scrape out a clone and just put it in.
I do about 5 transfers and lose 1 or 2.
Kitchen counter, flamed knife holding my breath.
I do have a GB but it's such a pain to drag it out I hardly ever bother now.

--------------------
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8761291 - 08/12/08 02:02 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Sweet.  Its a pain in the ass with the glovebox.  Ill try it out see if it works for me.  Hope so.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8761300 - 08/12/08 02:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck, just plan on losing a couple and make sure you torch the blade and don't touch the inner stuff.
Mind you I have no carpets, your house spore load may differ from mine.

--------------------

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8761302 - 08/12/08 02:06 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The kitchen doesnt have carpet.  Im expectin to loose em all so I dont have high hopes.  Still worth a shot.

--------------------

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8761309 - 08/12/08 02:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

just wipe your hands with iso and don't breathe onto the plates. remember iso is flammable so don't set your hands on fire!

--------------------

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8761314 - 08/12/08 02:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

lol yea...I just think of all the people that lost all their arm hair usin a flame in a glovebox.:grin:

--------------------

Invisiblerugergirl79
lεṡвïαṉ εχτɾøḋïṉ^
 User Gallery

Loc: cardboard box
    #8761328 - 08/12/08 02:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i know nothing about that!!!!! :noway:

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sterile poured dishes with no flow hood [Re: rugergirl79]
    #8761347 - 08/12/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What agar work?  Come on dont bullshit me.  OMG I just thought of Arnold for some reason.  Gotta love the jerky boys.  God damn its been a while.

--------------------

Invisiblerugergirl79
lεṡвïαṉ εχτɾøḋïṉ^
 User Gallery

Loc: cardboard box
    #8761350 - 08/12/08 02:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

loosing arm hair in a glovebox..lol

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sterile poured dishes with no flow hood [Re: rugergirl79]
    #8761356 - 08/12/08 02:31 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Man I forget whos got a nice lil diagram in there sig ...Funny!

--------------------

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
    #8761545 - 08/12/08 04:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Peterthinks said:

glovebox is a major hassle. I was wondering about doing agar with silicone injection ports in small jars and transfering with a syringe. Maybe you could put ports in the lids of plastic PCable petri dishes.

With the leftover agar you heated up in the mircowave, can you use it again? Does it not go mouldy?

Invisiblewisp

Re: Sterile poured dishes with no flow hood [Re: roquet]
    #8761620 - 08/12/08 05:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You can use it, just stick it in the freezer, then defrost it when you need it again.

Offlinepontus
traveler
 User Gallery

Re: Sterile poured dishes with no flow hood [Re: wisp]
    #8761868 - 08/12/08 08:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Cool tip tripsis!

--------------------
"People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: Sterile poured dishes with no flow hood [Re: roquet]
    #8761899 - 08/12/08 08:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

roquet said:
Quote:

Peterthinks said:

glovebox is a major hassle. I was wondering about doing agar with silicone injection ports in small jars and transfering with a syringe. Maybe you could put ports in the lids of plastic PCable petri dishes.

With the leftover agar you heated up in the mircowave, can you use it again? Does it not go mouldy?

Actually the leftover Agar goes in the PC with the dishes. It's in a regular mason canning jar so it goes in with it's lid on loose but it vacuum seals itself as it cools.
It'll keep for months like that. You could do your work with just syringes I guess but some things like transfers of sectors will still have to be done by hand.
These dishes are really slippery, I don't know how well silicone would stick to them. You may be better off with baby food jars, you can at least angle the needle down to hit the spot you want in a dish you'd pretty much have to work with whatever is directly under the silicone injector site.

--------------------

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8769561 - 08/13/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

*BUMP!*

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale