Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegixxer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Oats? wtf.....
    #8763937 - 08/12/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I read alot on here and wanted to try whole grain oats since I have them.  I washed out all the starch but damn this stuff is CLUMPY!!  I dont want to back on out this since I cleaned up a whole 1+ pound bag. 

Its clumpy when in the water, but it seems to be less clumpy when drained.  It was slimy too but after washing it out a little its alot more less slimy. 

Im thinking about adding verm to this to make it a little less clumpy.  I dont know where to get gypsum.  I guess Ill have to look around, hopefully they sell them in smaller bags.  Ive seen people with huge bags of this stuff.

Anyway.. any help would be great! Im just about ready to PC some jars but I want to make sure if I need to add anything to the oats, or can i go ahead and use 100% straight oats.

oh btw: Ive had it soaked for less than 10 minutes and the grains seem to be super hydrated.  I read somewhere they soaked it for 3+ hours. 

Im so confused!! 

-Gixxer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebig2us
Stranger
Re: Oats? wtf..... [Re: gixxer]
    #8764087 - 08/12/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hey I use oats they are clean and very nutritious I let them soak for 24 hours and then rinse them and then I drain it for an hour I put them in filter patch bags and pc them for about 1.5 hours I then inoculate them and sit back and watch no casing no straw nothing else but oats and spores very cheap and the rewards are great about 1 zip per flush this method kicks ass

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #8764088 - 08/12/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oats.  Oats work great. 

Oats after 6 days of g2g innoc.  Almost complete.

What type of Oats did you get?  Don't get rolled oats, don't get cut oats, get standard Groats, whole oats that haven't been touched.  They're starchy as hell but aren't slimy, and you don't need to simmer them, just soak for 14-16 hours, then rinse w/ scolding hot (boil water in a large pot) water.  That's what I did.  I rinsed them with cold water prior to the scolding water, just to try to get as much starch out as possible.

But I've come to realize that these mushies love a little starch, but so do contams so you gotta be careful.

Almost forgot to mention, PC'd for about two hours.

Edited by DRTMaverick (08/12/08 06:45 PM)

Offlinegixxer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Oats? wtf..... [Re: Maverick]
    #8764685 - 08/12/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I was in a hurry rushing through the grocery store and just TOTALLY forgot, not to buy ROLLED oats.  SOB i'm just gonna use it for breakfast.  hahaha  Next time I go to the grocery store again I will thoroughly look for WHOLE oats.  Well atleast I won't go hungry!.. Back to the old PF-Tek.. blah!!!!!

Thanks for the input guys!!

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #8765458 - 08/12/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe good luck!  If you can, snag a little barley and start a jar w/ barley in it, to compare growth.  I'm gonna do that next myself.  I did it with wheat and oats this time.  Oats are faster than wheat but my wheat is a little dry.  ^.^

Offlinegixxer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Oats? wtf..... [Re: Maverick]
    #8765530 - 08/12/08 10:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I will check on Barley...

I just PCed 19 jars of BRF 1/2 pint jars.  I needed to get these going first so I can free up a syringe.  Didn't know I was going LC until after I ordered the spores.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom