Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineigrowdit
Stranger

small, slow cubensis strain
    #8764753 - 08/12/08 09:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am new to the indoor growing thing and I chose to use the PF Tek method for my first attempt.  I have some creeper and some burma strains of cubensis goin right now.  The creeper has taken off with big fruits and maturing seemingly overnight.  On the other hand the burma are agonizingly slow to mature and when the finally do they are small.  with caps like a marble and stems 2 inches long. 

The creeper is starting its 2nd big flush and the burma is on its first right now.  after they exhaust the nutrients in the substrate I am goin to switch to wheat berries and use a "dish tub".  On the site I got the syringes from it said the burma were fairly large and potent; I have yet to see either ( I havent tried them yet ).  I wonder if the slowness and the midgetness is because of the substrate.  Maybe they will take off with more room and a more nutrient medium to play in.  ie: wheat berries in a tub

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Re: small, slow cubensis strain [Re: igrowdit]
    #8765234 - 08/12/08 11:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

did you try the dunk and roll tek? usually hydration is key but this seems more like a problem with humidity or gas exchange...Try getting more airflow to the cake and keep the humidity high. Other than that I'm not sure. I've heard tales with some strains that 1st flushes are nasty then the subsequent flushes more than make up for it...good luck  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation