Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Will Mushrooms Grow like This ?
    #873277 - 09/09/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My friend claimed that he grew mushrooms by sprinkling some shroom dust onto some agar. Wouldn't the spores get overrun and be no good by that time?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: ]
    #873282 - 09/09/02 07:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, this is possible, but I agree with you. I'm surprised the agar was not contaminated. Maybe he excised the good parts and moved them to new plates -- this is a common procedure.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #873283 - 09/09/02 07:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleShaw

#873287 - 09/09/02 07:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

it's possible. alot of times shroom dust has spores in it. as for the cells themself, they would likely be dried out and dead, but who knows. sounds contam prone, but i've heard stranger things.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #873326 - 09/09/02 08:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

jeeze......should he use the search function?  :tongue: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #874773 - 09/10/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"Use the search button".

He wouldn't have found anything to answer his question!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: SixCee]
    #874785 - 09/10/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, that's not true at all.  :grin:  The following is the result of a search I entered:Peace 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #874809 - 09/10/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I read both of those posts and couldn't find the answer to his dilemma.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
->Quote of the Moment :
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: SixCee]
    #874822 - 09/10/02 12:33 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

His post:
    My friend claimed that he grew mushrooms by sprinkling some shroom dust onto some agar. Wouldn't the spores get overrun and be no good by that time?

The answer found in search:
    If you want to do something with that cap (unfortunately, based on your experience level, I feel that you would fail if you follow my advice), you can powder it up and streak some agar plates with it. You will undoubtedly suffer from contamination, but with agar, you have the ability to transfer good growth to new plates to grow out.

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

#874828 - 09/10/02 12:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmmm... I am humble to your reply.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
->Quote of the Moment :
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleShaw

#875117 - 09/10/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If everyone used the search function there would be no discussion. There is nothing that hasn't been discussed. What were the chances of him finding that?

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: Shaw]
    #875179 - 09/10/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

What were the chances of him finding that?

Pretty good actually.

--------------------

OfflineSheShe12
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26872294 - 08/09/20 08:36 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hello, I'm new to the site and the scene and the science.  First time cultivator...Thank you, Thank you! 

Ahem...let me just say that there's a real rage on newbies and their repeated questions here.  I totally get how annoying this must be...I mean, if you want to know about something, read, do research right? I agree Padres, but the site is a tad overwhelming when you first get on it, and it takes a minute to get yer bearings, especially when on a small phone like i am now.  My first advice to newbies like me, is get on a lappy or tablet I find navigating and finding answers a lot easier. This means you won't have to bother the nice people as much.  Some of it is laziness I'm sure, but some of it is just pure excitement that you can get on here and talk openly about your project.  If you could see the person typing this, you'd probably understand that there's not a single person I would come across in life, who I could speak with about it.  I did lots of reading first, but I still had to post a newbie question.

One thing is for sure, it's just as tedious reading people repeatedly tell people to use search...it clogs things up just as much guys. If you're bored by a post, wouldn't it be less time consuming and aggrevating to everyone (including you), if you just moved on.  If nobody answers our question, we will have to do some searching. 

So a little patience, kindness and consideration on both sides is needed here me thinks.

Maybe a little rethink on the web design could help...and/or a prompt to check FAQ's or run a search for the answer before posting. 

Peace y'all, and may your days be spent doing more enjoyable things!  After all, we're all pleasure seekers here. X

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #26872339 - 08/09/20 08:57 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Larrythescaryrex said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚halarious that you took the time to do that literally made my night i needed a laugh for that i thank u

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

OfflineSheShe12
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: jcm4620]
    #26872361 - 08/09/20 09:14 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yawn

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will Mushrooms Grow like This ? [Re: Anonymous]
    #26872394 - 08/09/20 09:14 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
This thread is nearly 18 years old.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale