Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Rye Grain, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

the general consensus
    #874679 - 09/10/02 01:34 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

i've seen a few posts here and their about non-organic brf being used for the pf jars...even non organic white wheat flour. i've seen others say it still works and once saw joshua say the only difference he notices is a larger number of mushrooms mutants.. so my question is of the general population here how many people think it's a good idea for a newbie like me to use normal old wheat flour? ordering brf is a hassle as i liv ein mishigan (the fattest state in the country) and there are absolutely no health food stores i can go to.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: the general consensus [Re: zandorf]
    #874717 - 09/10/02 01:49 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

order it on-line. Dont take a chance that the BRF will cause you to fail on your first try at growing. You can always try it later on.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #874729 - 09/10/02 01:54 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

If you don't have access to BRF, other whole grain flours meant for human consumption should work.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#874730 - 09/10/02 01:54 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

You should be able to go to Safeway or Albertsons, or Kroger and buy a bag of brown rice. Then walk down to the coffee aisle where they have their electric coffee grinder. Pour your brown rice into the coffee grinder and get it ground for free into brown rice flour.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
Re: the general consensus [Re: groingrinder]
    #874749 - 09/10/02 02:01 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

I bought a 2 lb bag of brown rice flour at the food store for about $2 and a coffee grinder at Wal-Mart for around $10. I ground up the rice into flour myself and so far have had good results. Also, you can use the grinder for any other seed grinding needs you might have. :wink:

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

OfflineSwondPooping
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Female
Loc: third drawer from the top...
    #874755 - 09/10/02 02:03 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

I would caution against plain flour. An alternative is organic rye flour.

I was having problems finding it as well, I know that everywhere there is that one grocery store that has the highest prices, all the gourmet foods and the rows and rows of wine. Ours is called Larry's. The one you feel you should be dressed up to walk into. Try there, they will almost assuredly have organic brown rice flour in 2 lb bags, or if you are lucky in the bulk bins.

good luck

pc

K

--------------------
^Pure Fiction^
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: the general consensus [Re: SwondPooping]
    #874826 - 09/10/02 02:35 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Yeah, dont risk some spore syringe, or print. Just order BRF. If you can find regular rice flour, the brown stuff should be right next to it. I beleive you if you say there is none at you location though, I can't find any jars here, at least not tapered ones.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: the general consensus [Re: SixCee]
    #875044 - 09/10/02 04:18 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

If there are any oriental stores around go there , even could ask oriental restaraunt if they have and will sell any , or where they get it from .
Do not knowingly "mutate" the food of the gods ! It is a sin to the art . :wink:

Sixcee................
Go to this site for jars , www.doitbest.com , do a search there titeld "canning jars" . They have just about any size you could want . 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (09/10/02 04:20 PM)

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: the general consensus [Re: SixCee]
    #875048 - 09/10/02 04:19 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

i have ordered organic brf from the nt in the past and nobody mixed up some jars with it a few days ago. but nobody beleives that nobody screwed them up you see. and i don't want to order more brf cuz it's a huge hassle for me. i will probably have some mycelium to work with though so i'm not worried about wasting a syringe. i like the rice grinding at kroger idea... i may do that. thank all.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Rye Grain, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation