Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebeatlesrock
Stranger
shrooms and acid
    #872614 - 09/09/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

are there nay benefits to a shroom trip over acid? i have always heard that acid is more powerful, and have heard that because of that, deeper revelations are found than from shrooms

what is your take on this? because i want to trip on one of them, and would rather it be shrooms. acid is just...not natural, and its really long lasting, and you have a better chance at having a bad trip

also, i have heard from many people who use shrooms and do it recreationally because they make you have fun. one kid i know says when hes on shrooms he just sits there and laughs. the drug just makes him feel really good, and makes the world look like a cartoon, and no deep revelations are reached. how do you explain this kind of usage of the drug?

im looking to understand consciousness, as well as the world around us. im sure many of you are. but im not trying to take a drug to make myself feel good. yet alot of acid/shroom heads do that...anyway, which do you think is better for this, acid or shrooms? ps-i do NOT want to have a bad trip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms and acid [Re: beatlesrock]
    #872777 - 09/09/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well for starters dont think too hard about 'understading the world' when you trip. Let it come to you as it wishes.. Just relax.

And I'd try a low dose of shrooms first (2.5 grams maybe?) Just make sure your in a good relaxed mood and im sure youll be feelin good whether you want to or not, heheh.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #872902 - 09/09/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

As an old-timer, I'm still convinced that these substances should be taken with a guide - an experienced guide. This is not someone who has taken psychedelics a lot, it is someone who has him/herself been guided to experience a certain way of perceiving with psychedelics. Mushrooms are a lot less likely to induce a 'bad trip,' and dried mushrooms have less of the alkaloids that cause nausea. Vomiting does not make for a positive experience (although retching has been known to force one into a reliving of the birth canal and its rhythmic contractions. Anyway, this is getting too far too fast).

The book BE HERE NOW, which I have used now for 30 years, should be obtained ; the first section read prior to the entheogenic excursion; and the core book read during the peak. This means tearing oneself away from all the sensory fireworks, but it also means rising to a much higher state of consciousness where your eyes (sense data) directs your mind to focus on symbols (words and images), which in turn may allow the 'mind' to enter the 'spirit.' Believe me, this description makes a lot more sense after-the-fact. The third part of the book is for later, and teaches methods for maintaining higher consciousness without psychedelics. So much for the mid-set. The setting should be a cool, safe place, where one can feel free (not paranoid).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #872948 - 09/09/02 04:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

when it come to your friend who just sits there laughing, i think there are a few variables to consider

dosage-lower doses of shrooms are less likely to give you the deep revelations you are looking for (however there are the exceptions)
set and setting are a big factor- who he is with, and where he is at, and how he waqs feeling before the ingestion....all these things can either add or take away from the trip you are looking for
as for me, if im looking for a deep revelation, i do a reletivly high dose, 6 or 7 dried grams by myself.....(not recomended for new trippers) when i am with other people, unless they are my very deepest good friends it is hard for me to get in that state of mind...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: shrooms and acid [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #874031 - 09/10/02 06:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The book BE HERE NOW, which I have used now for 30 years, should be obtained

Oh yes indeedy.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #874070 - 09/10/02 06:49 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It is a fallacy to say acid is more powerful than shrooms. One hit of acid has nothing on 7 grams of dried shrooms. If you mean by weight of the drug per dose, then ok, but it doesn't really mean anything.

As for revelations being deeper on shrooms, that is just somebody's opinion. Your mind and the setting are much greater determinants of the 'deepness' than the choice of hallucinogen. Like somebody said, don't be looking for revelations; let them find you.

Some people take those drugs for recreation; some take them for spiritual exploration; I just take them and see what happens. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a drug purely for either of those reasons. Even if you are looking only for enlightenment, either drug will almost certainly cause you to spend much of your time laughing at absurd things.

About bad trips: most people say acid is more likely to cause a bad trip. I disagree; I think the choice of drug has nothing to do with the chance of a bad trip. To avoid a bad trip, I suggest you just take the drug and DO NOT have any expectations about it. If you are looking to find the meaning of the universe, you certainly won't find it. One thing both drugs do is give you an almost unbearable level of objectivity about the world around you. This will probably trigger a lot of revelations for you, but don't be looking for certain ones.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinemirrorsaww
    #874148 - 09/10/02 07:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In general I prefer shrooms, but for a first trip I would recommend LSD.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: shrooms and acid [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #874371 - 09/10/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I disagree; I think the choice of drug has nothing to do with the chance of a bad trip.

I disagree. Read the trip reports on Erowid, you will find that San Pedro (mescaline) has the fewest bad trips. This is in line with my personal experience.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #874381 - 09/10/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

To over-simplify things: in my experience acid is like a left-brained trip, mushrooms a right-brained one.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: shrooms and acid [Re: Swami]
    #874382 - 09/10/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was referring to the choice between mushrooms and LSD. If I was talking any drug I'd say Datura, or maybe rat poison.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies