Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: ]
    #887157 - 09/17/02 03:56 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I use my hands to put out sigarets...

Need a dog?

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinejayson
earthling
Male
Loc: Vic Australia
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Calen]
    #888978 - 09/17/02 05:37 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I'm wondering if there's a level 6, unclassified and very uncommon? I've never came across anyone who can do experiences 'transference' to a recipient while under the influence like me.

What do you mean, that someone who is not tripping can be effected by the person who is.  :confused:
If that is what your saying. Then its common for me at least. 

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Calen]
    #889131 - 09/17/02 06:41 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Chill out, Calen. Like I have said, I know next to nothing about Carl Jung. He was a brilliant man who observed the inner workings of the mind and the world that molds it. I'm not sure where it's your position to claim I'm 'dead wrong'. Trolling the trolls? Hah! Look what this topic is titled, then look at my avatar. You aren't Novak Hunt and this isn't Crossfire. Stop taking this board so damn literally.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Zahid]
    #889138 - 09/17/02 06:45 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

He said he was done with it, didn't he? I kindly suggest you do the same.

Thank you Zahid.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #889152 - 09/17/02 06:48 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Or what?

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Zahid]
    #889372 - 09/17/02 08:12 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Or he's gonna pull a Jackie Chan MOOOVE on YOOOOUUU!!
*chop chop*

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Sclorch]
    #889631 - 09/17/02 10:27 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I am REALLY glad I didn't have a mouthful of beer when I read that!

Think I need to brush up on my Jujitsu?

Cheers, 

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #891197 - 09/18/02 02:57 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

I'm too lazy to read this whole thread, because it simply seems to me like several ignorant and/or narrowminded people all shouting drivel at each other; trying to change each others minds, but here are my views:

I do not belive in god for two reasons: 1) lack of sufficient evidence, 2) lack of necessity for a god/s
who is anyone to assert that without a god, existence (the universe) could not exist? Existence exists. it always has, always will, by the rules of logic. existence is defined as  that which exists. existence cannot come from nonexistence, because nonexistence quite honestly doesn't exist. many will claim that god is "permanent" existence, and that the universe simply came later, at his whim. but what more reason is there to believe that god has always existed, than that the universe simply always existed? I do not deny the possibility of the existence of some type of sentient being which brought our universe into existence,.  but there is no real evidence of such, so I do not hold belief in one; I am in the most literal sense, an atheist.  but it is simply beyond reason that a being created all of existence. if there is a cause, it is part of existence; if something is beyond existence, it can't be a cause. 

to quote directly from the American Atheist General Headquarters -
"Causality presupposes existence; existence does not presuppose causality. There can be no cause "outside" of existence or "anterior" to it. The forms of existence may change and evolve, but the fact of existence is the irreducible primary at the base of all causal chains. Existence -not "god" - is the First Cause. "

as for evolution, if you don't have a degree in evolutionary biology, don't bitch about not understanding.
certainly it is possible that man slowly evolved from a huge mound of non-man. just as the inherent properties of hydrogen and oxygen bring them together to form our life-giving water, it is possible, even likely(more likely than the ludicrous creation myths of ancient religions) that the inherent chemical properties of other elements brought them together to form the first self-replicating molecule, in turn the first protein, and by the process of natural selection, the first, say, neuron, in turn the first self-aware being. to me it is entirely more feasible than the idea that some big sky daddy has a "plan". or even exists.

*slaps a big "IMHO" on this bitch so as not to stir the loonies*  :tongue: 

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Edited by Albino_Jesus (09/18/02 03:16 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #891208 - 09/18/02 03:05 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

I'm questioning your self-chosen title of "Shit-for-brains".

as for evolution, if you don't have a degree in evolutionary biology, don't bitch about not understanding.

No shit. I used to bother trying convince people... but it turns out that most people haven't a clue. So I quit wasting my time and now just tell them they're ignorant... of course, this makes me an asshole. Oh well...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #891213 - 09/18/02 03:12 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

In reply to:

who is anyone to assert that without a god, existence (the universe) could not exist? Existence exists. it always has, always will, by the rules of logic. existence is defined as that which exists. existence cannot come from nonexistence, because nonexistence quite honestly doesn't exist. many will claim that god is "permanent" existence, and that the universe simply came later, at his whim

that's exactly the point i am making... god IS the universe... god IS that which exists... it is not god first, then universe... god existed all along and so did the universe... and as you stated, non of these could not exist... nonexistance is not possible...

In reply to:

Existence -not "god" - is the First Cause

existance IS God!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: In(di)go]
    #891223 - 09/18/02 03:18 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

that's exactly the point i am making... god IS the universe... god IS that which exists... it is not god first, then universe... god existed all along and so did the universe... and as you stated, non of these could not exist... nonexistance is not possible

what, may I ask, is the purpose of equating the word "god" with the word "existence"?
by doing so, you might as well render both terms meaningless.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#891241 - 09/18/02 03:29 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

nothing, my friend has any meaning, except the meaning you choose to give it...

and i am not equating both terms... i am just stating what i believe... and i am trying to show you that the only god you don't believe in is the christian god... the creator/punisher god... fact is, god is ALL THAT IS... energy cannot be destroyed nor created, only changed... that of which all we see is made of was there all along... it merely changes from one form into another, contracts, expands, evolutes... try and stop thinking about an "outside" god who creates something and then looks at it... think of an "inside" god, who IS his creation...
i tell you this... you believe in existance, then you believe in god... whether you like it or not  :grin: ... ok, let me put it a little different... we both believe in the same thing, only that we choose to name it differently...

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#891248 - 09/18/02 03:39 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

In reply to:

and i am not equating both terms... i am just stating what i believe... and i am trying to show you that the only god you don't believe in is the christian god... the creator/punisher god... fact is, god is ALL THAT IS... energy cannot be destroyed nor created, only changed... that of which all we see is made of was there all along... it merely changes from one form into another, contracts, expands, evolutes... try and stop thinking about an "outside" god who creates something and then looks at it... think of an "inside" god, who IS his creation...

you ARE equating. using the word "is" IS equation.
god is existence - god = existence. get it?
the idea of an "inside god" is absurd.

------------
from dictionary.com

god n.

A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
An image of a supernatural being; an idol.

---
ex?is?tence n.

The fact or state of existing; being.
The fact or state of continued being; life: our brief existence on Earth.

All that exists: sang the beauty of all existence.
A thing that exists; an entity.
------------

if you choose to use "all of existence" as your god, then that's fine. but I do not need to attach existence to a concept of primitive religions to see the universe as the breath-takingly beautiful thing which it is. to equate the universe itself with the concept of a god is rather an insult to it, in my view. if there's anything I CAN equate it with, it is the concept of "life". but that explanation would be another thread entirely.

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#891253 - 09/18/02 03:44 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

by the way, the god which I do not believe in is not "just the christian god". do not pretend to understand other people's thoughts when you hardly know them. I do not believe in ANY god, by standard definitions of what a god is. when one can prove to me that such a being exists, I will change my mind. until then, sorry. and I do not concede to your definition of "god", but if you continue to use it, I couldn't care.

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#891256 - 09/18/02 03:46 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

that is why you have to let go of the primitive image our people have of god... because certainly THAT IS NOT GOD ... god does not iterfere with our free wil... god does not want us to do anything, merely to exist and experience... god does not need us to love him (NOR WORSHIP HIM)... in fact god does not need anything... and above all god does not judge...

for me GOD = LIFE = LOVE = TRUTH = EXISTANCE = ALL THERE IS

In reply to:

the idea of an "inside god" is absurd

it is absurd to you because as soon as you hear the word you creep out... because religion has destroyed the concept of god... but think about it...
for me the idea of an "outside god" is absurd... just for the same reason as the "whole idea of god" is absurd to you... god the way it is put by religion (except by buddhism) is, in fact, absurd...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (09/18/02 03:47 PM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#891262 - 09/18/02 03:50 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

I do not believe in ANY god, by standard definitions of what a god is

the christian god is the most standard definition of god... it is the stereotype of a god... the meaning you pulled out of the dictionary is the christian god... sorry if i missunderstood you, but for me the christian god is the most widespread image of god and therefore the standard definition of god...
and i am not trying to change your mind... i don't need you to believe in god... im just trying to make you look at things from a different perspective...  :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinejayson
earthling
Male
    #891271 - 09/18/02 03:56 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Ok so we evolved. But what is behind evolution, intelligence, and what is that intelligence, god.

God is all that is.

Now that's logic.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#891275 - 09/18/02 03:58 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

what??

you're sounding like a nitwit.
the christian god was modeled after other gods which were also modeled after other gods. religions evolve like anything else the definition from dictionary.com covers everything from the judeo/christian/muslim god to zeus to african sky-monkeys or whatever those people worship :P. they are GODS. what you're suggesting is not a god, and you should come up with some other word for it, so as not to confuse people. you sound like you may also be interested in the Tao religion, which is basically a worship and appreciation of nature and the universe. I myself don't need a religion to do such :smile:

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: jayson]
    #891280 - 09/18/02 04:03 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

In reply to:

Ok so we evolved. But what is behind evolution, intelligence, and what is that intelligence, god.

how is it to be determined that what's behind evolution is intelligence?
and don't give me that "how could it not be" stuff. please provide proof.

In reply to:

God is all that is.

Now that's logic.

that doesn't appear to be a logical statement to me unless it is given that "all that is" is to be equated with "god". otherwise, you may as well say that the statement "red is blue" is logical....

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

Offlinejayson
earthling
Male
    #891368 - 09/18/02 04:42 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

how is it to be determined that what's behind evolution is intelligence?

To see the universe and all that there is as an intelligent being, is not something that can be described simply. A blind man can never know what its like to see, unless he is given sight. I'm not saying your blind, just that i lack the ability to describe the concept.

that doesn't appear to be a logical statement to me unless it is given that "all that is" is to be equated with "god". otherwise, you may as well say that the statement "red is blue" is logical....

If you can't see it as logic, then of corse it not logic. Neither dose your logic make sense to me.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order