Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePolygon_Window
Whizz Kid
Male

Loc: The Emerald City, WA
How much casing is needed?
    #8734138 - 08/06/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I recently ran into a few 3lb mycobags of rye seed and some PESA and Lipa Yai spore syringes. Now, I follow the cervantes-esque tek of inoculating and breaking till fully colonized and most of the time i fruit in the mycobag.

But I am tired of working with bags and want to go to casings. I was planning on using the 50/50 casing sold by a well known vendor, only problem is that he only sells it by the quart.

so in a hypothetical situation, lets say that I were to do 5-3lb mycobags and case them when they fully colonize, how many quarts of casing material would I need and what sized container should i case in?

PS. I have been a long-time viewer of this lovely community but just joined up so that I could participate and hopefully get/give some answers.

thanks guys!

Also, I will be documenting this grow-log and posting it as I go once my grow starts in a few weeks.

--------------------
That kind of decision making is how kids end up on the news...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkeeblix
Dave Thomas
Male

Loc: Wendy's
Re: How much casing is needed? [Re: Polygon_Window]
    #8734149 - 08/06/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

A casing layer is ideally around 1/4 to a 1/2 inch thick, so use the dimensions of your container to find out the volume of the casing layer.

--------------------
This post approved by:

Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag