Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
why so much opposition to war?
    #872249 - 09/09/02 12:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It seems strange that there is so much opposition, in the media, to a war on Iraq. Usualy there seems to be a strong biast towards how we must remove some evil person/persons from power. Some small insignificant country that seems to pose a threat to the superpowers.

I duno bout the US media, but here in Britian so many people are againt the war, and it not through independant thought. The media just don't seem up for a war. Im wondering whether the people who control the media have another agenda that a war on Iraq would ruin or they just wanna make it seem like theres freedom.

anyways

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: why so much opposition to war? [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #872882 - 09/09/02 05:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have heard the CBC and BBC reports re: the proposed US war against Iraq and it seems to me that opposition is largely there because the rest of the western world seems afraid (rightfully so) that the US just does as the US pleases in matters such as these.

I, for one, am super happy fragilistically glad that there is a good opposition to the US's planned war fiasco.

This war is for one thing and that one thing is NOT to keep Hussein from developing nukes, etc. That one thing is evil, like the darkies, and it also happens to be the same color as the darkies.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: PGF]
    #872974 - 09/09/02 06:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: why so much opposition to war? [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #873058 - 09/09/02 07:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Why is it sooooo imperative to do it RIGHT NOW. why not a year ago, five years ago in two, three, four years. why RIGHT NOW. I think Bush is trying to distract from something just as Clinton did with bombing Kosavo. I think the corporate scandals have a lot to do with it. Enron was the biggest ever money contributor to the Bush family. I think that finishing his daddys war has a lot to do with it. I think Bush's wild west texas cowboy mentality has a lot to do with it. Also republicans are always war hungry. Big military, star wars, Vietnam, pro-gun republicans. War is no big deal to them considering that they don't have to risk their lives. Personally I wouldn't risk my life for some political party's agenda. Sorry. If we attack Iraq it would be unprecedented. America is not supposed to pick fights plain and simple. There is no direct threat to us. There are a lot of countries with weapons of mass destruction that have histories of using them, us included. Why do we pick on Iraq? Because it is a Muslim nation maybe? This regime that we have now is imperialistic and wants to impose their christianity and fascism across the world.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion