Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBboyDevious
Pleasure Doctor
Loc: Your girls pad
What Does Bush Have to Gain?
    #871286 - 09/09/02 09:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, I was just wondering if any of you know what Bush has to gain from bombing Iraq. Im not buying the whole "weapons of mass destruction" bullshit. Anybody have any clues?

The crazy thing about it is that they already started bombing. I wonder why the media has forgot to tell us.

Read this if you wanna know what the hell Im talking about

Another question: Why are so many people on the PD trying so hard to spread ignorance? Isn't the shroomery a place to share and gain information? Or maybe I have it all wrong......

--------------------
"Life without knowledge is death in disguise"
Talib Kweli

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: What Does Bush Have to Gain? [Re: BboyDevious]
    #871405 - 09/09/02 10:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Weapon manufacturers sponsored elections and now he has to spend some tax payers money...

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #871428 - 09/09/02 10:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I know I sound like a broken record, but it's all about oil...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #871452 - 09/09/02 11:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What you have to understand, is that Bush honestly thinks that the best way to deal with Iraq is to bomb them. He's not thinking "I need to exploit Iraq for oil, I should bomb them... what lie can I tell everyone?"

He really thinks he's doing right.

"Another question: Why are so many people on the PD trying so hard to spread ignorance? Isn't the shroomery a place to share and gain information? Or maybe I have it all wrong...... "

You're showing your ignorance there a little bit. People have opposing viewpoints, and they generally have valid points to back them up. You'll find that in any argument, both sides will have some valid points. There is no black and white, right and wrong.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #871551 - 09/09/02 12:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

1) War is the best way of funnelling money from the poor to the rich. All those weapons cost an awful lot of money - taxpayers like you and me pay rich defence corporations billions for them. Along with the defence corporations there are countless other corporations in technology and oil all getting their snouts in the pork barrell. Instead of spending 100 billion on hospitals and eliminating poverty, it goes to big corporations so the directors can build that seventh mansion they so desperately need.

2) Controlling the middle east. Establish a massive military presence in Iraq and you can control the Saudi's (who are rapidly turning against the US).

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: What Does Bush Have to Gain? [Re: Xlea321]
    #871735 - 09/09/02 08:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to #2
Wouldn't it be nice for the US to setup a 'Guantonomo Bay' style base in Iraq? Then we wouldn't have to worry about allies letting us use the airspace.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: What Does Bush Have to Gain? [Re: Frog31337]
    #872391 - 09/09/02 01:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Suppose so. Be a lot simpler giving the palestinians a fair deal. As an Israeli once said the best way of ending the terrorism isn't by slaughtering people, it's by giving them a fair deal - "drain the swamp and you get rid of the mosquitos".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: What Does Bush Have to Gain? [Re: Xlea321]
    #872680 - 09/09/02 04:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the gulf war was a proxy war, brought to you by the EXACT same crew/administration (add Jr to Bush... same shit) that is pushing for war now... coincidence? no way. The formula was proven in the 90s, and now they're doin it over again... 'they' need more bux!

*** addition ***

holy shit i just looked at that article... how can countries do that kinda shit without being in an official state of war?

a perfect example of a Media Blackout in North America, cause i havnt heard shit all bout this... all i see is 9/11 specials

Edited by foghorn (09/09/02 04:36 PM)

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
    #872768 - 09/09/02 04:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

"
* First, the military occupation of Iraq and seizure of its oil resources

This will provide a massive windfall to the energy monopolies that exert enormous influence over US foreign policy in general, and dominate the Bush administration in particular. Control of petroleum resources provides not only economic benefits, but also enormous political and strategic leverage. By grabbing Iraq's oil, the US will greatly enhance its position against its nominal allies in Europe and Asia, which are greatly dependent on Persian Gulf petroleum exports, as well as against Russia, China and regimes throughout the Middle East and northern Africa. Having extended its political and military reach in Central Asia through the war in Afghanistan, a US conquest of Iraq will give the American ruling elite a position of unrivaled dominance in the two most important oil-producing regions.

* Second, the global extension of US military power

A US protectorate in Iraq would be the staging ground for future wars in the region and beyond. The most immediate target could be Iraq's oil-rich neighbor, Iran. There is an active campaign within the political establishment for eventual military action against Saudi Arabia. Sudan, Yemen, Libya and Syria have all been cited as potential targets.

American troops and warplanes are already deployed in nearly every country between the Mediterranean Sea and the Tien Shan Mountains, which mark the border between the former Soviet Central Asia and China. There can be no doubt that within US military and political circles, the attack on Iraq is seen as the prelude to coming wars against Russia and China, both nuclear-armed powers, with incalculable consequences.

* Third, maintaining domestic political control

Under conditions of growing social and economic inequality and widespread popular disaffection with the political system, the ruling elite seeks to maintain ideological and political control by disorienting and diverting the population and channeling its grievances behind the "war on terrorism." War becomes a critical means for maintaining domestic stability. In the name of national security and the exigencies of war, the government is carrying out a relentless attack on democratic rights, creating the basis for an authoritarian garrison state.

What will the outcome be? Even if one were to accept the likelihood of speedy American military victory, it is clear that to accomplish this goal the administration is prepared, not only to sacrifice American lives, but to kill countless Iraqis. A government which pursues such an action would implicate the American people in a crime of massive proportions, one of the greatest atrocities in modern history.

For the US to topple the Iraqi regime and install a puppet government, even savage bombing on the scale of the first Gulf War will not suffice. US military planners are preparing to devastate Baghdad and every other major city, and combine carpet bombing with urban warfare against soldiers and civilians alike. The death toll could reach into the tens or hundreds of thousands.

Nor is the use of nuclear weapons by the US a far-fetched possibility. According to the new US guidelines for nuclear weapons development and use leaked to the press last March, one scenario for unleashing nuclear weapons is a war with Iraq that results in Iraqi missile attacks on Israel.

Moreover, Iraq will not be the end of American wars of conquest. Those who supported war in Afghanistan and endorse war against Iraq must take responsibility for future US military actions as well. Such wars are already being actively planned by the Pentagon. The most recent US command-and-control exercise, conducted last month, was a war game simulating a US invasion of Iran in 2007.

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion