Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: blink]
    #866389 - 09/06/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>>>Could you imagine the rush to the border if we went completly legal? omg, it'd be huge! <<<

I would make a few trips. It would be like going to Amsterdam without having to fly and Ill bet their would be many more smoke shops popping up along the boarder than in major cities.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Edited by GabbaDj (09/06/02 02:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #866600 - 09/06/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Entirely true.

Canada legalizes pot.
Canada's economy goes through the roof.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: trendal]
    #869096 - 09/07/02 03:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I know our number one exporter in B.C according to the news is no longer lumber and now pot. I wonder what would happen to us since a big selling point is we are so liberal when it comes to marijuana

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #869510 - 09/07/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Guess my opinion. :grin:

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Jammer]
    #869833 - 09/08/02 03:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Heh, was walking down the street last night and walked by a bunch of americans. What do they shout out?

"LEGALIZE POT MAN! YOU ROCK!"

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? *DELETED* [Re: trendal]
    #869846 - 09/08/02 03:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

OfflineJammer

#870195 - 09/08/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Kentucky has about the most anti-pot laws in the world. In many citys one can buy papers legaly... however if one get caughts with papers on them with NO ROLLING TOBBACCO they get like a $100 fine and somtimes jail time!

It's reall ironic 'cuz we have our share off pot heads here and this state is said to produce about as much weed (or more) than California does! (ex: The Danel Boon National Forest)

Go figure rednecks that vote...  :crazy: 

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/08/02 08:53 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #870340 - 09/08/02 06:27 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You can't see it but i'm tipping my hat to Canada....

I guess this will give me a reason to go since i only live about 20 minutes from there...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: trendal]
    #870745 - 09/08/02 10:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Heh, that's funny :laugh:  I'm guessing you were in the states but then how did they know you were Canadian?

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #871031 - 09/09/02 12:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

oh caaanabiiiis

my bong runneth over.

reading the paper recently i too came to the realization that wheels are possibly turning, what we have is the senate recomondation of legalization, not decriminalization, but right to the point. legal weed.
and why should that be any wonder, the canadian government has been using the past few years taking the strongest strains from BC and holland to work on creating the perfect strain on high-yeald, high-potency marijuana.
im not kidding, they already have enough weed to give evryone in the country a kilo. :smile:
theres one well known mine in manioba that has been excavated for pot growing. numerous experimental farms also have experimentation currently active.
what companies will be in management of such production tho?
tobacco is grown on regular farms in canada.
i say people like the marijuana party should be considered for the serious tasks of office that would be required with the production, distribution, and yes (this is a good thing for canada) the TAXATION of this resource.
im willing to pay tax on it.
for the cost of growing and the potential of non-trackable
black market pot, the prices will be good or it wont be profitable.
now what im waiting for is hash.
im feinding for it.
i wanna go down to the fucking smoke stand, buy an old mans pipe,  have a nice block-a-roo of yummy canabis truffle
hasish and just shave slices off all day long, till im a cooky old man with grandkids.
hash hash hash! i mean yah! or bubble hash.
ooooooooh. getting a fist size brick of BC bubble hash
for my birthday would be nice, yah it would cost more but youed be paying for quality and not for the risk of breaking the law.
im getting high just thinking about the freedom to be stoned.
of course, you cant get stoned at work.
although evryone does anyway. you still cant get caught.
i just hope it really happens this time because im soon to become cynical towards democracy (understatement)
and will lose hope.

but as for the excavated mines of weed in manitoba. ive seen the crops. they are big, stinky monster buds. and aparently super potent because they were intended for medical-grade.

you know, i really do think canada is one of the greatest countries in the world and we have something magical and amazing to be proud of. and we dont even need to try, we have nothing to prove that isn't self-evidant.
our people have the balls to take on the government and arent easily influenced by social norms that would keep the masses compliant to outdated dogma.
and if only we could drop this whole silly governor generals approval from the crown thing, then i could safely say that soon we will truly be our own free country and no longer in any way the ambilical annex of european influence.
and yess, its quite obvious what america is doing to the world.
its obvious who profits. and the people who suffer most are farthest away from the eyes of its people.
so yes, canada needs to drop its dependance on america, drop americas "support" as we really dont need the protection and we never did. we shouldnt have to answer to anyone,
we are canada. canadians. and if that means tearing up a treaty where we agreed to be americans so we could stay canada.
then so be it.  i really dont think america will invade us because we want total freedom to be a separate country.
i dont think were open to invasion from terrorist organizations that require protections we cannot facilitate.
i think smoking weed is just fine.
and if the US is that afraid that an adjacent country being lax on pot will somehow cause disorder and deride the quality of american life, then it is a cowardly nation indeed, afraid its policies and status quo are at the mercy of pot-heads from the north...
afraid. nothing more.
i would take a nuke if i knew that the insanity and fear would be recognized by the people of the US, that they could experience ego-death and see what kind of dream america is.
and why sometimes you have to be awake too.

let pot be my escape from reality, not democracy.

OfflineJammer

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #871134 - 09/09/02 02:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hope to God that Canada does totaly legalize weed! Man, if the Canadians can legalize it with the mounds of pressure from America, then my hat too is "tiped".

I would love to see the looks on the faces of these idiot parnoid anti-weed dick heads around my parts. They will flip out, man I'm telling you they will be in total disbelief.

Lets hope it happens.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/09/02 02:34 AM)

OfflineJammer

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Phluck]
    #872077 - 09/09/02 08:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thats not what I heard.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #872108 - 09/09/02 09:11 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Phluck is right. The weed they grew underground in Flin Flon is NOT great weed and they only produced a few hundred kilos, not enough to give everyone a kilo like someone said (that would be 30 million kilograms  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:). They've shelved indefinately the whole Flin Flon project. They hadn't even figured out the logistics of distributing it to the exempt people and basically the whole project was poorly thought out and will probably never see the light of day. I'm sure all that weed has already been smoked by somebody :wink: 

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#872130 - 09/09/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Didnt the release from the Senate say something about wanting to lower the THC level in the weed?
"The report says the appropriate level of tetrahydrocannabinol -- THC -- in marijuana for recreational use would be 13 percent. THC is the main active component of cannabis.

Many of the products illegally on the market now have a much higher THC level, he said. "

Would this suggest that they are planning on making slightly weaker weed for selling?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#871448 - 09/09/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

No I was in Canada. They were here :P

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #871461 - 09/09/02 09:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, the government hasn't been using the best strains from Amsterdam and all that. They've been using seeds from confiscated pot. Apparently they're having trouble, because they're producing not so good weed.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #872179 - 09/09/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

THC levels in weed can vary from .5% to 30%...so I think it's acceptable to sell weed that has a THC level of 13%.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Rono]
    #872247 - 09/09/02 10:16 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

sorry about the flin flon misrepresentation, i saw pictures of weed and thought, look at it all, they wouldnt miss a kilo.
lets ALL have one.
of course i was exagerating.
maybe theyed just have enough to give all aplicable pot-smokers an ounce, does that sound resonable? :smile:

i read an article in todays paper in the editorial by some easily-influenced zealot for anti-smoking.
this person said flat out "smoke is smoke and smoking is smoking" and that second hand smoke is always equally dangerous.
this person clearly isnt taking any consideration to the facts
although her artical clearly stated that the facts were what was being ignored by the senate committee.
thats silly. because well, obviously tobacco smoke is toxic
and carcinogenic. containing carbon monoxide, cyanide, lead,
kryptonite,  stuff lke that.
pot contains a tetra-hydrogen alkaloid compound that burns up into THC and carbon particals.
essentialls, regular burning plant smoke and delightful benefets.
of course, yes, second hand potsmoke is smoke, but then so is a stick of insence,  about equal in is harmfulness as marijuana.
who would light up a incence tobacco stick around kids?
that would be irrisponseable. probably the same people who would light up a cig around children.
pot would be relitively safe to smoke around children in a well-ventillated atmosphere.
the potential for early pot use is high. but who cares?
if it becomes a problem it will be dealt with the same way we would keep  12 year olds from getting drunk.
there will always be kids (as their is now) who will put more energy into pot smoking than schoolwork.
it also should be more influenced in schools, the benefits of haveing real, sober relationships.
this should probably be more touched upon than it is already anyways.

pot should not be allowed at schools, they let tobacco slide, they shouldnt really do this either.

its kinda gross.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #872399 - 09/09/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

im getting high just thinking about the freedom to be stoned.

lol
i know that feeling.  It's energizing to know that maybe the gears will start turning for this after such a long, drawn out war over it. 

Quote:

smoke is smoke and smoking is smoking

Then don't smoke, EAT!
hahah
If it goes legal, fuck this 13% bullshit, It'll be legal, I got some white rhino seeds sittin around.....hmmmm
any ideas out there ppl? :confused: :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
    #872715 - 09/09/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i would dig a standardized percentile for THC... thats what legalization is all about, regulation and moderation... with some experience id be able to control how stoned i get every time!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals