Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

Loc: Dead luck hubris
Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram)
    #8704428 - 07/30/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I have no problem keeping up with misting and fanning... so this tek wasn't designed out of laziness... just to add some Air exchange without cramping your humidity much.
*This process would still require misting and fanning

The general idea is to build a small venting system sealed around a regular box fan placed near a window to draw in fresh air and push it into your terrarium.

Fig. 1 regular box fan

Fig. 2 shows in very crude detail :wink: the venting system.  You could be creative and use anything really, but I would use actual low-grade venting material (home depot has it) The entire venting unit would be tightly sealed, but would have a way to open the front part of the unit to add a water tray to send a very slight mixture of water (humidity) through the air.

Fig. 3  Holes would be cut into either side (up to 4 holes) and hoses similar to washing machine draining pipes (home depot) something light an easy to manage but with a wide enough circumference.
The hose would be placed into a hole that was cut into your terrarium and then sealed to prevent air leaking.

I'm looking for some feedback on this before I actually assemble this.

--------------------

Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: mozartvicious]
    #8704441 - 07/30/08 09:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Give it a shot...If your still gonna mist and fan whats the point.  Probably gonna dry everything out as well.  Like I said give it a shot and see what ya come up with.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #8704456 - 07/30/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but if "This process would still require misting and fanning", why the hell would you do it? :shrug:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: Krez]
    #8704464 - 07/30/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Krez said:
Give it a shot...If your still gonna mist and fan whats the point.  Probably gonna dry everything out as well.  Like I said give it a shot and see what ya come up with.

I was worried about drying it out too, but the way it would be set up, it would only be a low flow of fresh air... even less than a forced air system in a house (air condition)

I'll see how it works... I'll write out the experiment and check the differences between a  non hooked up FC and one that is hooked up to the unit and see if there is a noticable difference in production.

--------------------

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8704474 - 07/30/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well maybe he feels like being creative...You should try it sometime :psycow: Just kiddin!

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8704477 - 07/30/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BrandNewbie said:
Dude, I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but if "This process would still require misting and fanning", why the hell would you do it? :shrug:

I see what you're saying.. but I mist and fan 3 or 4 times a day and I still see inadequate results... I'm trying to figure out if the fresh air exchange is a problem because my outside patch did pretty good.

--------------------

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8704490 - 07/30/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well when they grow if fae is the problem the stems and caps will be smaller than normal.  If you can try to fan 5-7 times a day.

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #8704501 - 07/30/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i am a noob but i went with a pmp tek and it is working just fine (pics to come)

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #8704504 - 07/30/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

just check out my avatar to see an example

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #8704510 - 07/30/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

God damn i need binoculars to see that avatar.:grin:

--------------------

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

#8704536 - 07/30/08 09:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Krez said:
God damn i need binoculars to see that avatar.:grin:

hehe yeah... you got a bigger pic of that?

--------------------

OfflineDesertWolf
My dials are pupilated!

Loc: Shangri-La
    #8704641 - 07/30/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I would think you would get plenty of fresh air just from the room. your tub is sitting in. Thats just over complicating the whole system. Think of all the crap you will be blowing into your system from outside. You could do the same thing with a humidifier or even take a small plastic box, drop in a pond fogger add a small computer fan and connect it to your tub. The fan would blow the mist through the tube giving you humidity and fresh air. It would also take up a fraction of the space as well.

The idea with the pond fogger in a box with a fan is just based off one of these http://www.futuregarden.com/hydroponics/systems_nutramist.html
Its just a lot cheaper to build your own. The cool mist humidifiers do basicly the same thing as well with a few modifications

--------------------
Those that govern democracy, Nothing but lies and hypocrisy, Created by those who pretend to heal you, Bearers of the cross who try to control and conceal you, And they will die before it reveals to you, What you haven't been programmed to see.

Edited by DesertWolf (07/30/08 09:59 PM)

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: DesertWolf]
    #8704666 - 07/30/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DesertWolf said:
I would think you would get plenty of fresh air just from the room. your tub is sitting in. Thats just over complicating the whole system. Think of all the crap you will be blowing into your system from outside. You could do the same thing with a humidifier or even take a small plastic box, drop in a pond fogger add a small computer fan and connect it to your tub. The fan would blow the mist through the tube giving you humidity and fresh air. It would also take up a fraction of the space as well.

The idea with the pond fogger in a box with a fan is just based off one of these http://www.futuregarden.com/hydroponics/systems_nutramist.html
Its just a lot cheaper to build your own. The cool mist humidifiers do basicly the same thing as well with a few modifications

not a bad thought

--------------------

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8704684 - 07/30/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

pond fogger might be a little overkill...You can get a cheap one at petsmart or any repilte shop.

--------------------

OfflineDesertWolf
My dials are pupilated!

Loc: Shangri-La
    #8704721 - 07/30/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Krez said:
pond fogger might be a little overkill...You can get a cheap one at petsmart or any repilte shop.

LoL yea i for got to mention it needs to be on a timer otherwise it will drench your tub if you leave it on 24/7

--------------------
Those that govern democracy, Nothing but lies and hypocrisy, Created by those who pretend to heal you, Bearers of the cross who try to control and conceal you, And they will die before it reveals to you, What you haven't been programmed to see.

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: DesertWolf]
    #8704727 - 07/30/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yea those pond foggers displace a hell of alot of water in a really short amount of time.

--------------------

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
    #8705171 - 07/30/08 11:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

for FAE in a martha style FC ... I am thinking of useing a small inline fan .  putting pollyfill in the tubeing for a crude filter. it would be put on a timer along with an ultrasonic.

--------------------
grind

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: seven]
    #8705338 - 07/31/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just cut slits in the martha and put a coolmist at the bottom.

--------------------

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Loc: Florida, USA Flag
    #8705364 - 07/31/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My FAE helper doing its job in my monotub. Really helped me as I am in Florida, and tend to do battle with cobweb due to not enough FAE in this muggy state.

--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Offline42zero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap Device for FAE, and Humidity IDEA (with Diagram) [Re: MonstroniuM]
    #8705414 - 07/31/08 12:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

why not just make a pmp?

--------------------
---------------
----------
----
-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds