Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedogkisser
E victim

Do we rely on drugs?
    #870220 - 09/08/02 07:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This has been puzzling me for ages.  :crazy:
The bottom line is "drugs".  :smile:
Most of us take em and enjoy em, our past ancestors have also done the same, the fututre generations most probably will carry the craze on but do we really need em?
I think the answers is a straight forward, no.
I have always believed in the saying that, "Users are Losers"  :grin:
This is true with most drug people but not all, ofcourse. There is a certain attraction which leans us towards certain drugs and the powers they posses. In the end the knowledge we gain will not mean a thing unless we use it correctly. Why do we still proceed to use em, i think certain brains have the chemistry which makes us do so. A structure which is a way of life. Whereas the people who do not have the structure go on the straight and narrow.
Anyway, i will shutup.  :smirk:
What do ye think? 

--------------------
Once the doors of perception have been unlocked, Never again can they be locked, Only restricted..if one knows how...
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen/index.html

Drugs - Life

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Do we rely on drugs? [Re: dogkisser]
    #870292 - 09/08/02 07:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

In the end the knowledge we gain will not mean a thing unless we use it correctly. Why do we still proceed to use em, i think certain brains have the chemistry which makes us do so.

Because learning and growth are never-ending... This is not to say that you need drugs to learn or grow, but they can be used to help the process along faster, if used with that purpose. Some people probably just stop taking drugs because they are at a point where they have learned enough to continue learning without any outside aid.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinedogkisser
E victim

Re: Do we rely on drugs? [Re: Adamist]
    #870302 - 09/08/02 07:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Very good point dude. :smile: 

--------------------
Once the doors of perception have been unlocked, Never again can they be locked, Only restricted..if one knows how...
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen/index.html

Drugs - Life

Anonymous

Re: Do we rely on drugs? [Re: dogkisser]
    #870422 - 09/08/02 09:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Word up on drugs:

We live in a world filled with drugs. They can be used in smart ways or dangerous ways. Certain authorities, i.e. politicians, police officers, pastors, parents etc will often lie or be hypocritical about drugs. Many of your friends may use drugs and you may have opportunities to experiment with them yourself if you haven't done so already. Even though certain authorities are dishonest about the dangers of drugs they do not want used it does not mean those drugs are safe. All drugs are dangerous.

If you never use drugs you can be certain you will never have a problem with them. That is the only way you can be certain of that. There is nothing wrong with that decision and if you make that decision you might have more choices open to you than your friends who use drugs. Remember that if someone tries to pressure you into taking drugs. Others may think you aren't cool if you won't use drugs but you really will not be missing anything. Every experience you can have with drugs can be had in others ways. If you decided to experiment with drugs, whether approved or disapproved, make sure:

1. You know exactly what you are taking.

2. Where they come from.

3. How they will affect your body and mind.

4. What precautions you should take to contain their potential for harm.

Forming good relationships with drugs requires awareness and practice.

Don't use drugs unconsciously and don't spend time around people who do.

If you use illegal drugs remember the terrible things that being arrested can do to you and your family. On the other hand don't think the just because a drug is legal it is safe. Some of the most dangerous drugs are legal. You are less likely to have problems if you take mild forms of natural drugs by mouth now and then, and even more so if you take them for positive reasons according to rules you set for yourself. You are more likely to have problems if you take strong drugs often especially you take them because you're unhappy or bored or just because you have them or can get them easily.

Lastly, wanting to feel high does not mean they is something wrong with you. Or that you have an unhealthy desire to escape reality. It is normal to want to vary your consciousness. Drugs are just one way of doing it, though, and if you come to rely on them before you are mature you may not be able to appreciate a whole range of non-drug experiences that are more subtle but more rewarding over time. There is no question that drugs can make you high. But they are difficult to master and may fail you if you take them all the time.

Peace out

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Re: Do we rely on drugs? [Re: ]
    #870887 - 09/09/02 01:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

For the most part I agree with you MR Mush. but lets be honest here......do you really believe that any experience to be had on drugs can be had in other natural ways? I find it very difficult to accept this. There is no natural way to get the feeling that exstasy gives you. There is no natural way to get the visuals and confusion that LSD gives you. I fully agree with the rest of your statements but not this one.

For the original poster........for those that say they need drugs then you are right. They have some problems to be worked out. I don't need drugs to learn but it can certainly be an aid to give you insight and creativity. There are many methods to learning and growing. Why should the validity of this method be discounted? Sure, this method has some inherent dangers but there are dangers associated with all things in this world. That being said......if you feel you can learn nothing from certain drugs than I really think that is great. Don't let someone convince you otherwise. It is a very personal decision to make on your own accord. Just do me a favor though. Don't judge those that choose to open new doors with different keys than you use (drugs). Peace and good luck with everything!!

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Anonymous

Re: Do we rely on drugs? [Re: chemkid]
    #871208 - 09/09/02 07:06 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

"do you really believe that any experience to be had on drugs can be had in other natural ways?"

Yes, I do. What do you think mystics do? How much have you meditated? I have experienced everything through altered states of consciousness that I ever experienced on drugs. So far that is.

The statements I made are pretty hard to disagree with. Primarily I do not enjoy suffering. Which is why I posted what I did.

Cheers,

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #871583 - 09/09/02 12:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i completely agree with you mr_mushrooms... i always informed myself for at least 2 months before trying any new drug... it was like that with weed, shrooms and lsd... and well i have to say i always had a good time... it was different with dxm, though... i was trapped in a 5 day nightmare after dosing about 90mg. of dxm... i was not prepared for the confusion i got... well... luckily i survived... i realized that everything was beeing created by my mind, and i had to start creating a different experience... and it worked... took my time, but it worked...
i would never wish that to happen even to my worst enemies, if i had any... it was, hands down, the 5 more horrible days of my life... and i still have to carry out the consequences... i have practically ruined every drug for myself... i can't take anything without having the back thought of that nightmare... i just can't enjoy drugs anymore... but i like it that way... i learned a lot from that dxm experience... a lot about my inner truth and the way my brain operates... and i must say i enjoy beeing sober... and i found out that sober mind expansion has all the rewarding experiences of say a psychedelic mind expansion, but without the dangers...
beeing sober is a trip itself...

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Do we rely on drugs? [Re: In(di)go]
    #871609 - 09/09/02 12:29 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm glad you're better now Soul. If all of us took the time as you did to study what we are putting into our body less of us would get hurt.

In this case I'd say you were found. Glad to hear it.

Cheers,

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #871627 - 09/09/02 12:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

"do you really believe that any experience to be had on drugs can be had in other natural ways?"

Yes, I do. What do you think mystics do? How much have you meditated? I have experienced everything through altered states of consciousness that I ever experienced on drugs. So far that is.

Hmmm. I don't know what drugs you have or haven't taken, but I have trouble believing this. Through meditation I have reached levels of objectivity and awareness comparable to those I have reached on mushroom trips, but they are not the same thing. I don't believe any amount of meditation can put you in the same state as drugs, just like no amount of drugs can put you in the same state as meditation. There are similarities between the experiences, but they are NOT the same experience. For example, meditation can give me spectacular closed-eye visuals comparable to mushrooms, but meditation (at least the way I do it) cannot make me laugh like a hyena or make the ceiling change color.

So-called natural ways to alter your concsiousness can be as powerful as drugs, but THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Talk about your apples and oranges. I think meditation and comtemplation are just as effective as mind-altering substances for mental exploration, but they don't take you to the same place.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Anonymous

Re: Do we rely on drugs? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #871653 - 09/09/02 12:50 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I was being a bit simplistic in my answer due to laziness and time constraints.  The techniques I am speaking include meditation but there are others.  Sometimes the techniques have to be practiced for years before becoming facile with them.

So, in essense, my reply to you is somewhat the same:

"I don't know what techniques you have used or haven't used, but I have trouble believing this." :wink:

As far as drugs go I do not, as an Internet rule, admit I have taken any.  I think the Feds are watching us.  Say, all that nifty paranoia that we get from smoking weed?  Have you experienced that while meditating too? :wink:

Where is Moe?

Cheers, 

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #871758 - 09/09/02 08:20 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

As far as drugs go I do not, as an Internet rule, admit I have taken any.

That would explain why your drug experiences are similar to your non-drug experiences.

BTW there is nothing incriminating about saying you have taken drugs in the past. The president ain't in jail for his snorting days. But to each his own. It's probably a better policy than making sure that you include some drug anecdote in every post. But I sure as hell don't produce illegal drugs.

"I killed Dr. Martin Luther King."

~ CyberChump

:smirk: 

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Anonymous

Re: Do we rely on drugs? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #871830 - 09/09/02 08:47 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:shocked:

I'm tellin'!

I once got a contact high from posting on the Shroomery.  Does that count?

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology