Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: panaeolus subbalteatus in the garden
    #87022 - 07/28/00 03:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that shit happens to me all the time with pan subbs

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #87024 - 07/28/00 03:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I find that interesting.

I have watched Panaeolus subbal;teatus come up and stay in the gardens for at least a week to ten days.

ANd I have picked many of these mushrooms in one location where they were of all sizes and ages.

And I have never seen slugs eating on Panaeolus or Copelandia which I have picked humongous amounts.

Mjshroomer

You learn sommething new each day.

OfflineB.I.O.
old hand
 User Gallery
    #87025 - 07/29/00 12:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

mj...there were just 4 in a huge clay-pot with old compost...one was opened (print) the others i wanted to harvest the next day...and just 1 cm of the stems were left...slimy silvery tracks showed me the terrorists...hope my outdoorpatches survive this year...

BiO

Offlinebeowulf
journeyman
    #87026 - 07/29/00 07:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

BIO, you really want to eat those things? They grow in my compost pile every year like weeds. Sure, you can get a low-grade spin off 'em, I just don't think they're worth eating. Always got bad stomachaches off of 'em and had to consume a bunch of them to trip at all. Maybe the strain I get is especially weak, but I gave up on them.

Has anyone had positive results from these things?

------------------
Every other Tuesday, my grandmother knits Mexican shoelaces...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #87027 - 07/30/00 12:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have eaten this species at least more than two dozen times since 1974. I have never had any stomach problems and the only person who repoorted that they cause an upset stomach was Andrew Weil in the books mushrooms I II and III in The Marriage of the Sun and The Moon.

Then Paul Stamets mentioned a slight toxicity in his book.

And as far as dosage goes, they are just as potent by weight as Psilocybe cubensis. One fresh ounce or more or from 3 to 5 grams of dried material. This could be one giant mushroom or from 5 to twenty five or more small mushrooms.

mjshropomer

Offlinebeowulf
journeyman
    #87028 - 07/30/00 03:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, like I said, the ones in my compost piles are definitely P. subalteous, they definitely will make you trip, but are definitely weak. They may be an extremely weak strain, for all I know (and, of course, just my luck!)

OfflineB.I.O.
old hand
 User Gallery
    #87029 - 07/31/00 04:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

we`ll see soon ....the spores germinated after 48 hours (5mm dia.)......really rapid, like most of the panaeolus...

BiO.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #87030 - 08/02/00 08:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, I would like to point out that panaeolus subbalteatus is just as potent as Psilocybe cubensis byu both fresh and driy weight.

There is a slight difference in some of the effects in the high while on P. subbalteatus. Like liberty caps I have gotten very silly and giggly and many things around me were of the nature of a Roger Rabbit movie.

I felt that i had stepped into a portal in time to another dimension where eveyone was happy.

Pauls comments about a slight downfall to this species came from an article by Andrew Weil who complained that someone experienced a slight discomfort to the stomach while on the shrooms.

I have eaten them at least two dozen times in 26 years and I never had a bad experience.

Mjshroomer

but what do I know?

OfflineB.I.O.
old hand
 User Gallery
    #87031 - 08/06/00 07:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

thanx MJ.....i like them too....i never had any discomfort...also they are said to contain serotonine.......mycelium develops great and im gonna make some old dung/potting soil spawns today...

BiO.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology