Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: sinzok]
    #8706810 - 07/31/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I truly enjoy my experiences with salvia.  For me, the main benefit is the break from my accustomed "take" on reality.  The feelings and imagery are very dream-like, and yet my suspension of disbelief is complete. 

In the days after the trip, I find it fascinating to analyze and intuit new information from the details of my experience.  It is very similar to dream analysis, and can be quite productive. 

Though many others say that their experiences with salvia are painful, terrifying, difficult, etc...I don't think that this has much to do with salvia itself.  My best guess is that what is experienced is a "macro" level POV on the workings of one's mind.  Just like a macro photograph, it can appear completely unfamiliar and unrelated to the usual image of the subject.

If you approach this extreme close-up with relaxed fascination, rather than repulsion, you are able to sink into it & "grok" your mind in fullness.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheHauntingSoul
Not really that cool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: golden1]
    #8706922 - 07/31/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i really want to try the quid method because i've heard its a totally diff feel, much more pleasant and calming than smoked sally.

if so i'm down for sure.

My huge problem with salvia is that it seems like the high is very very small and i have to stuff my mind inside a high that is much smaller than my mind. I dunno thats the best way i can describe it anyways, it feels like if i smoke any more my mind will get crushed by the intense tinyness of the high.

OfflineDerp420
Stranger
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: TheHauntingSoul]
    #8706942 - 07/31/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheHauntingSoul said:
IMO salvia is a pretty interesting drug. Not pleasant or enjoyable at all, but very interesting.

I completely agree.  It's very uncomfortable and you go completely retarded.

And for whatever reason most of my friends that I've shown salvia too... nothing happens.

But I've tripped hard on it before.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
    #8707242 - 07/31/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

get a plant man... thats the way to go.

OfflineGargamelon
Stranger
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: Platinum]
    #8707596 - 07/31/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've had one very intense salvia trip, and I'm not sure I ever want to do it again.  I ripped an enormous hit of 30x extract from a bong, and I don't remember exhaling it at all.  The effects hit so fast and disoriented me so much that I can only piece together what happened to me physically.  I must have fallen over almost instantly and laid on the ground for close to two or three minutes.  An overwhelming feeling of what can best be described as "temporary insanity" completely took hold of me.  For what was probably 2 or 3 minutes I had a complete disconnect with my physical body , and I seemed to be unaware I actually had a body.  I felt malignant entities that were trying to harm me and it scared the shit out of me because I couldn't move at all.  I gradually faded back into reality and felt extremely uncomfortable and discontent for the next 30 minutes.

I'm not sure if ill ever do salvia again, but I learned to respect its immense power.  Its so completely different from mushrooms or acid that  you cant even compare them.  My personal advice is to be very careful and not attempt to tread too far with salvia until you know what you're dealing with through a few light "test runs."  I have heard of both incredibly bad and good experiences with salvia, but your ability to control the outcome is very limited.  After the drug is in you it will take you places, some of which you may not want to go to.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: Gargamelon]
    #8707769 - 07/31/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

nice worms, veritas

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: Gargamelon]
    #8707778 - 07/31/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gargamelon said:
I've had one very intense salvia trip, and I'm not sure I ever want to do it again.  I ripped an enormous hit of 30x extract from a bong, and I don't remember exhaling it at all.  The effects hit so fast and disoriented me so much that I can only piece together what happened to me physically.  I must have fallen over almost instantly and laid on the ground for close to two or three minutes.  An overwhelming feeling of what can best be described as "temporary insanity" completely took hold of me.  For what was probably 2 or 3 minutes I had a complete disconnect with my physical body , and I seemed to be unaware I actually had a body.  I felt malignant entities that were trying to harm me and it scared the shit out of me because I couldn't move at all.  I gradually faded back into reality and felt extremely uncomfortable and discontent for the next 30 minutes.

I'm not sure if ill ever do salvia again, but I learned to respect its immense power.  Its so completely different from mushrooms or acid that  you cant even compare them.  My personal advice is to be very careful and not attempt to tread too far with salvia until you know what you're dealing with through a few light "test runs."  I have heard of both incredibly bad and good experiences with salvia, but your ability to control the outcome is very limited.  After the drug is in you it will take you places, some of which you may not want to go to.

yeah the really strong ones are CRAZY. once my mind just kept looping this one thought over and over. I didn't know what I was and all I could see was nonsense. I thought that this was my life forever, scared the shit out of me.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8707784 - 07/31/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
nice worms, veritas

Thank you.  I like them, too.  We might be squirming again soon.  :smile:

OfflineWeedyWonka
Pirate Kitten
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: Veritas]
    #8707842 - 07/31/08 02:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I did salvia a few times and only because I had the rest of the gram to smoke of my 20x.

The first time I was at a farm in from of a barn and there were a bunch of my old friends there then I realized it wasn't real and started fighting it. I was trying to talk but all I was saying was gibberish. Then looked at my GF who was sitting me and her face started melting. I covered my eye's but the image wouldn't go away... Throughout that my skin felt like it was splitting at the seams and the sweating was horrible.

The second time I was in a box with hot dogs and donuts dancing on the walls. With the same sweating and skin splitting sensations.

I will probably never do it again but I am glad to say that I have been into that realm. It was just incredibly intense and uncomfortable.

OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Loc: PNW
    #8707985 - 07/31/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I hit some Salvia pretty hard last night (while also being drunk and high -- yeah the experience got quite intense) to the point where I thought my friend was a caterpillar coming out of a rock while I myself was being sucked backward into my spinal chord having no idea what the fuck was going on lol. Then "oozing" white ghosts poured down my vision pushing my head down into my body. I thought of something that I felt was very important, but then I forgot. Oh wait, I remember (sorry kind of just typing as I think), it was about how we run right back to our savage instincts when we are confronted with hardships (was thinking about this on the comedown on Salvia while drunk + stoned). Salvia is okay but I don't really feel the need to do it anymore. It's actually starting to annoy me. I don't get anything beneficial from it. Most of the time it's a completely useless mindfuck.

EVERY time I use Salvia (I've done it about 4 or 5 times now) a caterpillar is always involved. The time before this I thought the bong was a caterpillar. The time before that I thought I was a caterpillar in a cocoon. Weird stuff.

Edited by Nihlus (07/31/08 03:12 PM)

OfflineBruce6000
DaGoodDaBombDaBuddha

Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: Nihlus]
    #8709568 - 07/31/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My experience with Salvia was extremely dissociative. That's the weirdness I think many people feel. I took three large inhalations and the drug took effect almost immediately- the trip was pretty much an awakening as another person. The trip went like this: I wake up as some guy with long, dark braided hair, and he was actually dreaming about being me, talk about a paradox. So he, or I, wakes up, then the dissociation kicks in and its extremely convincing because you're seeing things through the eyes of another person for the first time, very weird. A compulsive thought began to emerge- my entire life had been a dream, my entire life had been a dream. It was quite startling. And all i could think about is wishing i could get back to my body, and just like that it was over.

Anyway, the thought of not being able to return to my body was the kicker. That's enough to stop me from doing salvia for a good or until i can build up my courage again.

--------------------
Nothing can enslave you other than your unguided attention

OfflineInRainbows
Duke

Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: Bruce6000]
    #8710220 - 07/31/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking about trying it out as well with my trusted trip partner sometime soon. I would say I am fairly experienced with hallucinogens and more than familiar with dissociatives (I used to be a bit of a dex head.. heh heh :faded:) but from what I have read here and on Erowid I suppose I should prepare for something completely new and powerful.

My question is, let's say my last trip on acid was a pretty bad trip, left me feeling anxious and confused emotionally for a while, would that anxiousness and general psychonautical malaise manifest itself in my salvia trip? Or would it better allow me to let go of such anxieties?

--------------------
"It loved to happen"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: InRainbows]
    #8710649 - 08/01/08 02:35 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

it is such a rapid shift into that other way of being that you will not have any time to acclimate, you just go, then you are back in almost no time at all.
the shift is so fast that when you are there you may have no idea how you got there or how long you have been there.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: Bruce6000]
    #8711093 - 08/01/08 08:20 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bruce6000 said:
My experience with Salvia was extremely dissociative. That's the weirdness I think many people feel. I took three large inhalations and the drug took effect almost immediately- the trip was pretty much an awakening as another person. The trip went like this: I wake up as some guy with long, dark braided hair, and he was actually dreaming about being me, talk about a paradox. So he, or I, wakes up, then the dissociation kicks in and its extremely convincing because you're seeing things through the eyes of another person for the first time, very weird. A compulsive thought began to emerge- my entire life had been a dream, my entire life had been a dream. It was quite startling. And all i could think about is wishing i could get back to my body, and just like that it was over.

Anyway, the thought of not being able to return to my body was the kicker. That's enough to stop me from doing salvia for a good or until i can build up my courage again.

you ever think that maybe instead of waking up as some guy... what you saw was what she wanted to show you? Maybe she wanted you to realize that we are all one. You, me, the guy with long dark braided hair... we're all the same. By making you him... she was showing you that. There's no difference between us, except for some genes that makes your hair black, and mine brown.

not saying im right or anything, but its always fun to try to analyze things from a different point of view.

Offlinelandlord75
Stranger

Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? *DELETED* [Re: sinzok]
    #8711714 - 08/01/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by landlord75

Reason for deletion: Jerry

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: landlord75]
    #8711741 - 08/01/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

grow some...

balls that is...:rofl2:

Edited by Platinum (08/01/08 11:44 AM)

Offlinevitaminsee
voice of reason
Male
    #8711908 - 08/01/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've done salvia a few times and all i can say is that it is really weird.  Thats the only word I can think to describe it. Its good to do every once and a while but personally I never thought it was that much fun. It all depends on your surroundings and how comfortable you are with the people you are with. Thats how it is for me at least

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia; risks and benefits? [Re: vitaminsee]
    #8711968 - 08/01/08 12:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

vitaminsee said:
I've done salvia a few times and all i can say is that it is really weird.  Thats the only word I can think to describe it. Its good to do every once and a while but personally I never thought it was that much fun. It all depends on your surroundings and how comfortable you are with the people you are with. Thats how it is for me at least

It's not meant to be fun, its for personal exploration and self discovery.

Offlinevitaminsee
voice of reason
Male
    #8712037 - 08/01/08 12:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i have never discovered anything on salvia
shrooms on the other hand i understand
but salvia just gives me a disassociative high
i actually feel kind of uncomfortable

OfflineBruce6000
DaGoodDaBombDaBuddha

#8749712 - 08/09/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Platinum said:
you ever think that maybe instead of waking up as some guy... what you saw was what she wanted to show you? Maybe she wanted you to realize that we are all one. You, me, the guy with long dark braided hair... we're all the same. By making you him... she was showing you that. There's no difference between us, except for some genes that makes your hair black, and mine brown.

not saying im right or anything, but its always fun to try to analyze things from a different point of view.

YES! I very much agree with that philosophy. Never actually occurred to me until you pointed it out. I will have to keep that in mind as I go into my next salvia trip.

Peace brothers!

--------------------
Nothing can enslave you other than your unguided attention

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom